• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Army personnel got shot in the right eye in sembawang camp

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's a freaking bulky piece(still prefer m16) and its not for someone who is left handed like me.

Personally I prefer the SAR21. I heard a lot of bad reviews about the SAR21 before my conversion but once I got my hands on it, it's WAY superior to the M16. Balance is a major plus. The M16 is front heavy so the barrel will be tilted forward if not held properly. Also the scope is very useful. I was an average shooter using the M16, now I get marksman everytime with the SAR21. Also the cleaning is so much easier then the freaking M16. The only down side I can think of is it's heavier then the M16.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Personally I prefer the SAR21. I heard a lot of bad reviews about the SAR21 before my conversion but once I got my hands on it, it's WAY superior to the M16. Balance is a major plus. The M16 is front heavy so the barrel will be tilted forward if not held properly. Also the scope is very useful. I was an average shooter using the M16, now I get marksman everytime with the SAR21. Also the cleaning is so much easier then the freaking M16. The only down side I can think of is it's heavier then the M16.

Besides the training that has the GPMG shooting 3m above us while we leopard crawl, I remembered that there is another training whereby we have to run across the field, shooting live ammo. That's the time when we do not run so fast as we are afraid that some dickhead behind you will just mis-aim the rifle at your butt. Was this the same training as the GPMG one? While doing this exercise, the magazine pouch fell out and being left handed, the expended round flew out and got stuck between my neck and collar. I could still remember that burning pain until today.

By the way, how many of us are from armour here?

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal

The M16 is front heavy? What are you talking about? I never had the problem of the barrel tilting forward even during the times when I was tired and lax in my handling.

What happens if the scope of the SAR21 breaks or is scratched? You have no such problem with the tip of the M16. As bros here have pointed out, it is not designed for left-handers. If you are a left-hander or a right-hander who has to shoot left-handed because of a dominant left eye, you are basically fucked. In addition, the SAR21 is crap for close combat. The M16 is a good thrusting weapon for bayonet combat and its butt can easily be swung around to smash an enemy's head in. The SAR21, with its bulky shape, is simply too unwieldy for close combat.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides the training that has the GPMG shooting 3m above us while we leopard crawl, I remembered that there is another training whereby we have to run across the field, shooting live ammo. That's the time when we do not run so fast as we are afraid that some dickhead behind you will just mis-aim the rifle at your butt. Was this the same training as the GPMG one? While doing this exercise, the magazine pouch fell out and being left handed, the expended round flew out and got stuck between my neck and collar. I could still remember that burning pain until today.

Yes i remembered that run down.....i always run the slowest behind everyone else.......heard of an accident where someone dropped the rifle and shot the guy infront.....

I am also SWIFT and DECISIVE.....formation boxer.....we were the best. Commandos also cannot smell.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Yes i remembered that run down.....i always run the slowest behind everyone else.......heard of an accident where someone dropped the rifle and shot the guy infront.....

I am also SWIFT and DECISIVE.....formation boxer.....we were the best. Commandos also cannot smell.

Alamak, I have never heard of formation boxer before. I'm just a little soldier, so pardon my ignorance. I like the current CAO. He was my boss at Doctrine, very nice guy. The current DYCAO was my CO at SOA.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Alamak, I have never heard of formation boxer before. I'm just a little soldier, so pardon my ignorance. I like the current CAO. He was my boss at Doctrine, very nice guy. The current DYCAO was my CO at SOA.
you Armour you dunno we were the best boxers in entire SAF? All Safsa boxers selected from Amour....my time the CAO was Patrick Choy......the only farmer General.....still remember his hairy mole which he like to play with machiam teekopek

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like M16. Boh pian. Its the only weapon I got to handle. Its quite easy to handle, strip and assemble. Zeroing and shooting also not much problem. But fuck NS :oIo: I shouldnt have to do all this :oIo:Signup regulars to do all this :oIo:

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal
you Armour you dunno we were the best boxers in entire SAF? All Safsa boxers selected from Amour....my time the CAO was Patrick Choy......the only farmer General.....still remember his hairy mole which he like to play with machiam teekopek

he is the guy that presented me my sword for my commissioning.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

who is current CAO? I googled and found out Bernard Tan was ever CAO....knew he made it to BG but did not know he was ever CAO......i knew him since he was LTA back in 46.....nice handsome chap i always call him angmo kia because he looked like one (if he's reading this he will know who i am) :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Patrick was national squash player.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

reporting in, Sir!!!

NSF in the below unit, of course not the year the clip was made. my time only Ultra M113..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zeo9jghCm4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Amour now goes to India?!

My time was AMX-13.....and the Centurions in Starlight.....

LHY was ever CO 46

reporting in, Sir!!!

NSF in the below unit, of course not the year the clip was made. my time only Ultra M113..

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zeo9jghCm4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, armour goes to india. my unit kena india in my last active ns year. but i never go. heard from my friend its an eye opener. when they pass by village, the kids will run after the broncos. then my friends will open the rear door and throw biscuits and sweets to the children. one minus point is that, they say everything have an 'in-dor bee' (indian smell). even the potato chips they buy, also have the smell, although the flavour says 'pringles original'.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes, armour goes to india. my unit kena india in my last active ns year. but i never go. heard from my friend its an eye opener. when they pass by village, the kids will run after the broncos. then my friends will open the rear door and throw biscuits and sweets to the children. one minus point is that, they say everything have an 'in-dor bee' (indian smell). even the potato chips they buy, also have the smell, although the flavour says 'pringles original'.

hahahaha shit skins stink!

It's ok though i'm sure ppl like that.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My platoon Cmdr., Quang Yap Pin and his 2 IC Colin Theseira were part of the "Camel' team(the core group) led by Major Seah Peng Yong(my OC) and most of our instructors(including NCO's) left Singapore for Israel.

Excerpt from http://www.timawa.net/forum/index.php?topic=96.5;wap2

"Singapore AMX 13 - VCU and the 'Camels'

The "Camels" laid the foundations for the build-up of the Armoured formation...

On 20 Nov 1968, the first Armour-related unit , led by Maj Seah Peng Yong, was formed at Keat Hong Camp. The unit was then known as the "Vehicle Commando Unit" or VCU in short. The unit was initially made up of 36 officers who were posted there for preliminary training on signal, driving, basic mechanics and vehicle maintenance. Barely two months later, on 31 Dec 1968, the 36 young officers were sent to Israel to undergo intensive training in the AMX-13 tanks which the SAF planned to procure. Training was conducted on inhospitable desert terrain and in harsh climatic conditions, under the supervision of strict Israeli instructors. Live firing was also conducted using wrecks from the 1967 six-day war. On 30 April 1969, these officers pass out from their training.

Upon their return in May 1969, this group of officers, nicknamed the "Camels", was tasked to compile what they had learnt, and translated these knowledge into doctrines, training syllabi and training formats for the new arm of the SAF. To adapt their newly acquired knowledge for practical use, they conducted their own continuation training under local conditions. The small VCU of yesteryear eventually evolved to became the sophisticated Armoured Formation of today."

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Colin Theseira is orang lama.....i knew him as mindef spokeman.....he was hated by those who went to Cresendo because he banned R&R in Thailand....knn can you imagine?