• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Army personnel got shot in the right eye in sembawang camp

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mine was 9.10 at my prime. Now I cannot even clear with 18 minutes :biggrin:

I think 9:10 is still in for monetary if you're above age 36. I've stopped training for awhile. My guesstimate for myself is at best 10+/- now.

knn! 长毛!read about all these make me wanna cry! so nostalgic!!! i remember run all the way and then start shooting in the run down range!!! u really same era as me!!! but i think long time ago already never ask them to run liao!!! just stand and shoot. really miss the old PA, went back recently to jalan jalan. must change pass and certain place cannot go. all under cisco or aetos.

i know a lot of fellow Singaporean bro here serve their NS in the army or armed forces. no disrespectful intent, but police are facing real and life threatening incidents on the street. its REAL THREAT and not exercise. during my time in the force, got 2 or more officers fall in the line of duty.

Yeah, nostalgic era bro. I attended two police funerals. S/Sgt. Boo and Cpl. Mirza. One was stabbed but survived, Cpl. Teo.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this comming from a man who sign on SPF to siam army.... what a joke

Is there anything to gain by boasting about which is tougher? It is enough to expose a real NS soldier than one who try to bluff. I am sure there are many NS police officers who died in line of duty because they are not wimps like NS soldiers who only do running and marching.:wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u from infantry? only infantry need a sergent to operate a GPMG. i only a trooper kia but i also certify to fire a GPMG.
Not from Infantry. GPMG live firing was during BMT at ITD. The 2 NCO handling the GPMG were regular sergeants.

The target for zeroing was called the canadian bull aka knnb....
OK, now I remember the Canadian Bull. Think it's a U shape object.

It is a simple procedure actually. Fire 3 shots at a fixed target aiming at the bullseye at 25 metres. If there are 3 holes draw lines between each hole to make a triangle. Get the centre of the triangle and that will be your MPI (main point of impact). The adjustments to the rifle sights is to bring your MPI towards the bullseye. Therefore you will need to fire another 3 rounds to confirmed or to make minor adjustments again and a final 3 shots to re-confirmed your rifle has been zeroed to your eyesight.
Hehehe, Thanks for the info on zeroing. Knew the purpose of zeroing but only know today how it's done.

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not from Infantry. GPMG live firing was during BMT at ITD. The 2 NCO handling the GPMG were regular sergeants.

OK, now I remember the Canadian Bull. Think it's a U shape object.

Hehehe, Thanks for the info on zeroing. Knew the purpose of zeroing but only know today how it's done.

canadian bull is inverted 'U'. zeroing is done by firing 4 rounds, not 3. out of the 4, the farthest 1 will be disregarded and the remaining 3 will be used to zero your weapon like how windsor described.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The only rounds left behind is made of rubber & is called condoms.:biggrin: and you won't shoot the eye socket with that.

BWAHAHAHA... bro, you're the best! best joke to start off a cranky Monday morning. anyways, aren't those condoms just an ammo-bag to collect the spent ammo? :eek::eek::eek:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
only the lim chu kang or kranji side you got life firing activities.

erm... bro, a bit salah. live firing area is somewhat restricted to Area E, as well as areas around P. Sudong, P. Pawai & P. Senang?

Area D is where you have the pengkang hill, botak hill, Area F is near Fibua area? further up north you have Sarimbun Campsite for the scounts/guides/brownies. correct me if me is mistaken.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
canadian bull is inverted 'U'. zeroing is done by firing 4 rounds, not 3. out of the 4, the farthest 1 will be disregarded and the remaining 3 will be used to zero your weapon like how windsor described.
Thanks! ssrrvv11. Now remember my favorite firing training is night firing. Because everyone can 'close' their eyes in the training shed while waiting for their turns to fire.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
My understanding is GPMG was positioned in such way that there is no way the recruits will get hit unless they stand and jump.

bro, agree that the MG mounted on a bund some 3 metres off the ground, not forgetting to mention that the recruits need to go under the barbed wires :smile::smile::smile:
tapi you jump pun tak kena :p:p:p

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
erm... bro, a bit salah. live firing area is somewhat restricted to Area E, as well as areas around P. Sudong, P. Pawai & P. Senang?

Area D is where you have the pengkang hill, botak hill, Area F is near Fibua area? further up north you have Sarimbun Campsite for the scounts/guides/brownies. correct me if me is mistaken.

im not detail enough and u r right. sembawang is not a live firing area.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i gone through once during bmt. they say live rounds but it could be blanks to scare the shit out of us.

You will know if a live round has past you overhead when you hear a shot fired and a cracking sound when the bullet breaks the sound barrier. Blanks cannot do that.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Blanks cannot do that.

can't actually hear much with ear plugs on, then the encik kpkb asking us to keep the butts down
but all in the name of experiential learning, whole bunch of us went under the barbed wire :smile::smile::smile:
section live firing was fun, especially when me is SAW gunner :eek::eek::eek:

ssrrvv11

Alfrescian
Loyal
blanks sound like fire-cracker and is softer compared with live rounds. live rounds sound a lot louder probably due to more gun powder as compared to a blank.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can't actually hear much with ear plugs on, then the encik kpkb asking us to keep the butts down
but all in the name of experiential learning, whole bunch of us went under the barbed wire :smile::smile::smile:
section live firing was fun, especially when me is SAW gunner :eek::eek::eek:

During my stint, anyone caught covering their ears are given a whack on the helmet for being a wimp. Most of us especially myself conducting ranges suffer from hearing problems. Our time, no such thing as ear plugs or ear defenders.:biggrin:

huahero

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS might as well say "Army personnel got shot in the right eye in Sembawang camp by a Golf ball". 三巴旺空军基地高尔夫球场.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
or maybe my platoon/company is blessed, me BMT company had regular canteen breaks, the best was 3 in a day you know? :p:p:p

Bro, in SAFTI all my instructors were tan chiaks and supervised by Israelis. All platoon commanders and 2 IC's just graduated from 1st batch OCT. That's right, 2 officers per platoon and we were truly fucked as they take turns training(torturing) us. NCO's all on the ball because as regulars, they were aiming to win recognition and selected for OCT.

IFC training means running to the field and running back after. No such thing as walking. 5BX is exercise before a 3 km run. How to take breakfast or have any appetite? Training under the hot sun or even marching practice under the hot sun. Even night time no rest with standby beds or extra punishment for someone's mistake etc. It was a real torture during those days.:(