• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Tribute To Good Old Forum Banter

jw5

Loyal
GMS enjoys snacks with .................................. tea. :coffee:

337266697_3429878753901534_4449307905278881897_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS compares English Breakfast tea vs Ceylon Tea. :coffee:

Goh Meng Seng

5 d ·

Tudor Ceylon Tea Tin vs Akbar English Breakfast Tea Tin

Someone ask me what's the Difference between English Breakfast tea vs Ceylon Tea?

They look the same, size the same but smell different and taste different!

You can only tell the difference between them by smelling it and tasting it!

Tudor Ceylon Tea has a very unique Citrus fragrance with flowery tint. This is because it contains flowery Tips.

Akbar English Breakfast has the usual malty earthy woody fragrance and it doesn't have the flowery tips.

This is why Tudor Ceylon Tea Tin is relatively more expensive.

337293382_789266512627710_8963411438597256022_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS smells the ........................................ tea. :coffee::eek::laugh:

Goh Meng Seng

3 d ·

Rare opportunity to take a close look at the 12 types of tea and smell them at one place!

339050586_1233997713919422_7793295009442174352_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS shares an opportunity. :wink::cautious::biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

3 d ·

This is exceptional opportunity.

These empty booths are located at the prime area just next to the pedestrian path which almost everyone who takes MRT to Paya Lebar station and want to walk to the Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar must pass through.

The original rent was around 5K plus but now reduced very substantially.

Please let me know if you are interested!

338192271_163566929952764_6349896339450275894_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS has tips about ........................................ tea. :coffee:

Goh Meng Seng

3 d ·

Unexpected Sales of Golden Tips & Silver Tips

@ Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar

I was in a bit of dilemma when I was chosing the SKU of teas to be put on sale in this Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar. Initially, I only intended to sell the common Flavored Tea (mostly Fruit Tea) in this Bazaar.

Adding Loose Leaf Teas was an after thought. This was because from the data I get from my online sales, most people bought flavored tea in tea bags while very small percentage of customers bought loose leaf tea.

The tea culture in Singapore is still focused on convenient tea in tea bags.

Nevertheless, I just changed my mind and started to put loose leaf tea in my list.

However, I was struggling when it came to Tudor Golden Tips and Silver Tips.

These are the two most expensive teas I have in my stock. They are very light but extremely delicate in taste and beneficial to health. I don't suppose many people would know how to appreciate it and with that relatively high price tags, it's not something where most people would just "buy and try", unless they are already sophisticated tea drinkers who knows exactly what they are looking for.

I put 2 tins each of the tips in my inventory for this bazaar, just for show case. I didn't expect to sell any of these Tips in this Bazaar.

To my surprise, at this moment, I have sold them and had to replenish stock!

One of them who bought the Golden Tips was in a dilemma at first because she isn't really a avid tea drinker and it's not cheap just to "buy and try".

She didn't buy right on the spot but after she went back home to do some research on the health benefits of Golden Tips, she confirmed the purchase.

I didn't want to "hard sell" the Tips at all because they are not cheap and I was afraid most people would be disappointed with the taste as it's not like the usual strong tea we used to drink in Singapore. They are very light tea though very delicately fragrant. Most people who are conditioned to strong taste may find it too light for their liking.

Although these Tips have some unique claims on health benefits, but technically speaking, I would avoid listing them out myself else people may think I am exaggerating just to hard sell these expensive tea.

My friend is sensitive to caffeine and that's why I just say in passing remarks that Tips have lowest caffeine content among the teas I have. As usual, I also told her that it's very light in taste as well.

She didn't know the exact amount of Golden Tips to put for brew a cup at first. As Tips are very delicate, long and light, instead of the usual 1 tea spoon of BOP tea leaves for 1 cup, we will have to put at least 2 to 3 tea spoonful of tea leaves.

I was pretty surprised that she immediately experienced the positive responses in her body after drinking the Golden Tips. Most importantly, unlike other tea, Golden Tips didn't give her sleepless nights.

I am happy for her and she is definitely happy of making the right decision to buy that Golden Tips. She said she will be drinking Golden Tips every day!

Another sale of Silver Tips was made to a stranger whom I am not sure whether he is my FB follower or not.

He seems to know exactly what he wants. He asked me what tea do I have, I show him the Silver Tips. He just took a look at the Silver Tips, smell it and asked what's the price and for how many grams.

He seems to know that despite of the relatively high price as compared to other teas, my Silver Tips is actually priced at the low side as compared to other luxurious brand of Silver Tips.

Without second thought, no bargaining, he just bought it.

The purchase only took less than 5 minutes!

Frankly speaking, I was pretty stunned by this customer. I have never expected to meet such sophisticated customers in this Bazaar.

Top Grade Silver Tips like mine are sold at a price as high as $275 per 60g for some luxurious brands! Mine was just a third of that price with 10g more.

Only people who really know the tea and prices, will know they are having a great bargain already. Thus, he didn't even ask for discount!

This Bazaar is really a great experience with lots of surprises.

338676383_2086680454874808_4065814930828237031_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS has some TCM at his booth, which can be collected with prior arrangement. :coffee:

Goh Meng Seng

4 d ·

A Facebook friend dropped by and gave me these, 3 清肺排毒,4 連花清瘟. He said he had excess and wish to give away to other people who needed these, so he hopes that I could help to distribute out.

Apparently he has been following my FB Live Chat very closely. He is Unvax and Uninfected. That's why the excess.

It is quite apparent to me that many Unvax FB friends who came down to my Bazaar booth have told me the same thing, they are Unvax yet Uninfected. Some even took care of Vax family members who kena infected but yet, were not affected at all.

Most Unvax people are health conscious people and most probably their immune system is strong. In fact, almost all of them believe in maintaining a strong immune system instead of depending on the Vax which neither prevent infection nor transmission.

Anyway, if anyone out there need any of these TCM, just let me know. You can collect them at my booth with prior arrangement.

339409072_897484504855071_4173051379203421037_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS solves his problem relating to ................................... tea. :coffee:

Goh Meng Seng

5 d ·

This will solve the problem of the deprivation of tea for my stay at the Bazaar! Hurray!

339454322_1589453491576161_6502295433405779286_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS is going to Corporation Drive for ................................ tea. :coffee:

Goh Meng Seng

5 d ·

I have screenshot this photo and will spend transport money to get to BLK 140 Corporation Drive and order the same Kopi O Kosong plus the economic rice.

339816234_166681015876851_6023451942107760352_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS is going on the campaign trail again. :coffee:

Goh Meng Seng

5 d ·

Campaign Chicken Thigh Budget Meal

Let all of us bring this photo around and buy similar meal with Chicken Thigh or large drum stick from neighborhood Economic Rice stalls all around Singapore.

Post the price you have paid for similar dishes here!

Let's show the Minister the Real World pricing.

339977706_943208246832570_114525235171512299_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS has shiok tea. :coffee::eek::laugh:

Goh Meng Seng

5 d ·

A customer bought this Tudor Large Leaf and was extremely happy with it, doing Cold Brew for 72 hrs or just drinking it hot!

The customer suggested to add Lychee powder with stevia (a natural leaf based sweetener) or fresh Strawberries to get that SHIOK Taste!

340129022_583658720401061_5186665431952843488_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS's friends visited him for ...................................... tea. :coffee:

Goh Meng Seng

3 d ·

Nice to have my Malay Comrades from WP to visit me at Tea Booth@Geylang Serai Ramadan Bazaar!

Thank you brothers for your support!

341083429_1379227782644989_7344101070802139165_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
GMS enjoys economical economy rice with ......................... tea. :coffee:

Goh Meng Seng

4 d ·

Guess how much does this 1 meat 2 Vegetables cost at my friendly neighborhood Econs Rice stall?

A FULL Chicken Drum Stick with Thigh.

$5.50.

I asked the stall how much is the braised Full Chicken Drum Stick?

$4

It means 2 vegetables with rice is $1.50, which is still cheaper than 140 Corporation Drive $1.80.

336360479_1964445450562111_5900643283502381934_n.jpg