• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious [Wikipedia article] Northern and Southern China

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear @glockman, many thanks for liking six of my posts in this thread earlier this morning!
bow-gif.40441
:inlove:
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's an unfortunate correlation. In parts of Malaysia which are majority Cantonese like KL and JB, they've also turned to Mandarin by default. When I was younger it was Cantonese in those enclaves 100% of the time all the way. Now every Cantonese restaurant or other business I go into is always Mandarin. Always! Only if you insist on speaking in Cantonese do they eventually switch.

As before, I hear this in bolehland too from Cantos. Maybe even more so. I can't prove 100% they're worse but my experience tells me so.

That is simply shameful. :thumbsdown: Nothing more to be said. Eliminating diversity is a tyrant's mandate.

Singapore is not entirely Hokkien. Teochew, Hakka as well. The entire populace is largely made up of PLPs. That's just how populations work. Your inference regarding Hokkiens could be just a matter of correlation and frequency of contact. i.e. living in singapore, you're going to run into PLPs just that more of them are Hokkien. I point out that Taiwan is largely anti-Chicon but is majority Hokkien. Also despite your experiences there is a stronger anti-chicon element in Singapore than Malaysia which is more Canto. In Malaysia, almost everybody is more pro-chicon. I find myself alone in Malaysia with these opinions.

But one thing that disappoints me is that Cantos in Malaysia do not seem to be share the pain of persecution their Canto brothers in HK experience and still support chicons. :frown:
The singkie cina popn is the majority. N they always talk about the big 3 cina groups which is fuckein, fuckchew n Canto. The issue is all other groups combine is still outnumbered by the fuckeins. N cina is 75%of the popn means fuckeins is nearly 50% if the popn. Tat explains the attitude of singkies when it comes to voting.

Regarding the cantos in mudland. I bet the canto speakers are actually fuckkas. Remember fuckkas are the enemies within. They speak canto is not to b identified as one. Remember fuckkas are the cina gypsies..so to avoid being ostracised have to try n blend in. Now tat. ChiCon land is on the rise...they sure will defect n collaborate with the chicons

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The singkie cina popn is the majority. N they always talk about the big 3 cina groups which is fuckein, fuckchew n Canto. The issue is all other groups combine is still outnumbered by the fuckeins. N cina is 75%of the popn means fuckeins is nearly 50% if the popn. Tat explains the attitude of singkies when it comes to voting.

Regarding the cantos in mudland. I bet the canto speakers are actually fuckkas. Remember fuckkas are the enemies within. They speak canto is not to b identified as one. Remember fuckkas are the cina gypsies..so to avoid being ostracised have to try n blend in. Now tat. ChiCon land is on the rise...they sure will defect n collaborate with the chicons
I think you're missing the point I'm making. A lot of people willing to sell themselves in every country. You may think that Hokkiens are sellouts because you just see more of them in sinkieland.

As for malaysia, I know about the many Hakkas. In fact they should have the most reason not to learn Mandarin. It was the Mandarins who drove them out of their homeland and made them gypsies. I've personally confirmed it with the cantos I know in JB and KL. Although Cantos speak to each other in Cantonese, once doing business with the public they switch automatically to Mandarin. I've also challenged them about this and the answer is why challenge it? Go with it and it makes Chinese stronger.

So bottom line is there are sellouts everywhere. Even in HK! No reason to single out other groups who are in the same position as yours. Makes all of us weaker and distracts us from the main problem. Unless of course, you've already given up and need to pin the blame on someone...

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
dynastic hakkas were hiding in the hills in southern china after getting run over by northern barbarians. they were great fortress builders and remain so as they wall themselves in in chink communities throughout south east asia.
View attachment 130744

hakkas in sg continue to wall themselves in and live in bunker homes.
View attachment 130745
View attachment 130746
View attachment 130747
View attachment 130748
To think their fortress building mentality against the barbarians migrated with them. They must have had a tough time from the barbarians.

I think I recognize the last house, but who do the others belong to?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you're missing the point I'm making. A lot of people willing to sell themselves in every country. You may think that Hokkiens are sellouts because you just see more of them in sinkieland.

As for malaysia, I know about the many Hakkas. In fact they should have the most reason not to learn Mandarin. It was the Mandarins who drove them out of their homeland and made them gypsies. I've personally confirmed it with the cantos I know in JB and KL. Although Cantos speak to each other in Cantonese, once doing business with the public they switch automatically to Mandarin. I've also challenged them about this and the answer is why challenge it? Go with it and it makes Chinese stronger.

So bottom line is there are sellouts everywhere. Even in HK! No reason to single out other groups who are in the same position as yours. Makes all of us weaker and distracts us from the main problem. Unless of course, you've already given up and need to pin the blame on someone...

The point is, fuckeins n fuckkas due to their language n culture n attitudes makes them better to being sellouts. I never say cantos are not sell outs. Just that fuckeins n fuckkas are better at it. Look at the fuckeins islanders n their attitudes towards chiconland. They say they prefer the status quo. It's like choosing between heaven n hell ...they prefer purgatory. N I bet b4 the invasion even happens they will surrender. N the fuckeins did say they prefer surrendering bcos they can benefit from ChiCon land economic growth. Are they serious? N look at the hongkies. They never had a choice ...the fuckeins do...such attitudes u see in Singkieland as well.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The point is, fuckeins n fuckkas due to their language n culture n attitudes makes them better to being sellouts. I never say cantos are not sell outs. Just that fuckeins n fuckkas are better at it. Look at the fuckeins islanders n their attitudes towards chiconland. They say they prefer the status quo. It's like choosing between heaven n hell ...they prefer purgatory. N I bet b4 the invasion even happens they will surrender. N the fuckeins did say they prefer surrendering bcos they can benefit from ChiCon land economic growth. Are they serious? N look at the hongkies. They never had a choice ...the fuckeins do...such attitudes u see in Singkieland as well.
I dunno... I'll accept your opinion. :cool:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fuckchews are the relatives of the fuckeins...n the fuckkas are gypsies who did not have their own lands. So the just stole canto territories..no wonder even fuckeins told my fuckkas are the worst. Nothing but thieves n cheats.
Malays cannot difirentiate between chinese clans. So to them all Chinese are thieves and cheats for taking away malay land.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
N look at fuckeins, the make up more than 50% of the singkie popn, but got their school n uni shut down by dead fart n yet they support the mandarin policy. Because they have fucked up on their own culture, they now view the cantos with great jealousy n have sold their souls to the ChiCons. That time plp pap...now plp ChiCons. N now drag n despise the cantos because the cantos have wat they don't. So they want the cantos to be dragged down to their level. The crabs in the pot scenerio. Nothing but jealousy n hate. I am poor u have to be poor with me. Typical fuckein n fuckka attitude. So with such toxic surrounds. It's much better for cantos to be independent.
The hokkien are holding out in taiwan pretty well. Independent.
They were overwhelmed by nationalist forces who brought the mandarin and all that shit from mainland. Even orang asli needed to have mandarin names and forced to speak mandarin.

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Attachments

• PAP introduces 2 new faces in Pasir Ris-Punggol team.png
    PAP introduces 2 new faces in Pasir Ris-Punggol team.png
    440.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Sun (surname) - Wikipedia.png
    Sun (surname) - Wikipedia.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 218

empathizerofeatshitndie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What’s the Hakka pronounciation of 孫?
Soon?
Dear @zhihau, I'm afraid I'm not an expert in anything related to the:
wikipedia.org/wiki/Hakka_people
but, believe it or not, because both of my father's late parents were Hakka and spoke to me in Hakka since I was a baby (whereas both of my parents have been speaking to me in English/Singlish nearly all the time), I can understand some Hakka and I remember them telling my other Hakka relatives that I'm their "Soon", so your guess is probably correct! :smile:

Also, in my humble opinion, @blackmondy has been telling the truth whenever he said that he's a Hakka; and because I strongly suspect he is at least fifty years old and born in the 1960s (whereas I was born in 1982; yes, believe it or not, I'm now 39 going on 40 later this year!), I believe @blackmondy should be more qualified to answer your question!
bow-gif.40441
sweatingbullets-gif.40503
redface-gif.40438

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bottom line is Canto is the preserver of middle Chinese...all other cina languages are dialects. N mandarin is a foreigner enforced language. N these others can take a long walk off a short pier.

that's unfortunately not 100% accurate. In history there was no standard Chinese. Even middle Chinese. There were hundreds of languages in the country. Like the EU nowadays. Middle Chinese was a prestige language/dialect during the Tang dynasty before all the foreign barbarians invaded and took over so is the last pure Chinese language/dialect that was used by the ruling elite and so in this regard holds a special place. That's all.

Canton and Cantonese has a past that is inextricably linked with Vietnam and Vietnamese. Check this table out :

NameCantoneseStandard MandarinZhuangVietnameseNameCantoneseStandard MandarinVietnamese
Personal NameReign PeriodReigned FromOther Names
趙佗/趙他ziu6 taa4Zhào TuóCiuq DozTriệu Đà武王mou5 wong4Wǔ WángVũ Vương203–137 BC
趙眜ziu6 mut6Zhào MòCiuq HuzTriệu Mạt文王man4 wong4Wén WángVăn Vương137–122 BC趙胡
趙嬰齊ziu6 jing1 cai4Zhào YīngqíCiuq YinghcaezTriệu Anh Tề明王ming4 wong4Míng WángMinh Vương122–113 BC
趙興ziu6 hing1Zhào XīngCiuq HinghTriệu Hưng哀王oi1 wong4Āi WángAi Vương113–112 BC
趙建德ziu6 gin3 dak1Zhào JiàndéCiuq GendwzTriệu Kiến Đức陽王joeng4 wong4Yáng WángDương Vương112–111 BC

It is the ruling house of Canton about 100-200BC. Their capital was in Panyu. Qin Shi Huang sent 趙他 to go and conquer these tribes and setup the origin of Canton.

Also this table :

Ancient Yue states or groups
ChineseMandarinCantonese (Jyutping)VietnameseLiteral meaning
於越/于越Yūyuèjyu1 jyut6Ư ViệtYue by Wuyu (first ruler of Yue)
揚越Yángyuèjoeng4 jyut6Dương ViệtYue of Yangzhou
東甌Dōng'ōudung1 au1Đông ÂuEastern Ou
閩越Mǐnyuèman5 jyut6Mân ViệtYue of Min
夜郎Yèlángje6 long4Dạ Lang
南越Nányuènaam4 jyut6Nam ViệtSouthern Yue
山越Shānyuèsaan1 jyut6Sơn ViệtMountain Yue
雒越Luòyuèlok6 jyut6Lạc Việt
甌越Ōuyuèau1 jyut6Âu ViệtYue of Ou
滇越Dianyuèdin1 jyut6Điền ViệtYue of Dian

the people in Hokkien and Canto were the same as Northern Vietnamese. It can be said that the Qins came in and annexed them without warfare. The difference is that Cantos kept some of their original language. By comparison, the Minyue did not sinicize until the Tang dynasty and adopted Middle Chinese by then. It could be because there was a huge influx of Tang imperials who fled there hence Hokkien is more Middle Chinese inspired. whereas it would be more accurate to say that Cantonese retains some of its Vietnamese/Baiyue roots.

I could reproduce another table here reflecting the commonalities between Middle Chinese, Hokkien, Korean and Japanese, but I think that's too much.

But one this you said is 100% accurate is that Mandarin is a 100% foreigner enforced language.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's unfortunately not 100% accurate. In history there was no standard Chinese. Even middle Chinese. There were hundreds of languages in the country. Like the EU nowadays. Middle Chinese was a prestige language/dialect during the Tang dynasty before all the foreign barbarians invaded and took over so is the last pure Chinese language/dialect that was used by the ruling elite and so in this regard holds a special place. That's all.

Canton and Cantonese has a past that is inextricably linked with Vietnam and Vietnamese. Check this table out :

NameCantoneseStandard MandarinZhuangVietnameseNameCantoneseStandard MandarinVietnamese
趙嬰齊ziu6 jing1 cai4Zhào YīngqíCiuq YinghcaezTriệu Anh Tề明王ming4 wong4Míng WángMinh Vương122–113 BC
趙建德ziu6 gin3 dak1Zhào JiàndéCiuq GendwzTriệu Kiến Đức陽王joeng4 wong4Yáng WángDương Vương112–111 BC

It is the ruling house of Canton about 100-200BC. Their capital was in Panyu. Qin Shi Huang sent 趙他 to go and conquer these tribes and setup the origin of Canton.

Also this table :

夜郎Yèlángje6 long4Dạ Lang

the people in Hokkien and Canto were the same as Northern Vietnamese. It can be said that the Qins came in and annexed them without warfare. The difference is that Cantos kept some of their original language. By comparison, the Minyue did not sinicize until the Tang dynasty and adopted Middle Chinese by then. It could be because there was a huge influx of Tang imperials who fled there hence Hokkien is more Middle Chinese inspired. whereas it would be more accurate to say that Cantonese retains some of its Vietnamese/Baiyue roots.

I could reproduce another table here reflecting the commonalities between Middle Chinese, Hokkien, Korean and Japanese, but I think that's too much.

But one this you said is 100% accurate is that Mandarin is a 100% foreigner enforced language.

One other thing about mandarin. It's basics or Essence is the English Alphabet. Don't the mandarin dictionary use the English Alphabet to decipher the cina word? And to text in cina...use the ang mor alphabet to get the cina word? Therefore it's really AMDK

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
One other thing about mandarin. It's basics or Essence is the English Alphabet. Don't the mandarin dictionary use the English Alphabet to decipher the cina word? And to text in cina...use the ang mor alphabet to get the cina word? Therefore it's really AMDK
Yes. that's again another manchu/Qing idea. hanyu pinyin. It uses their idea of how those letters should be pronounced so actually makes no sense to most Westerners.

That's why Zhang Ziyi is xang xiyi to Westerners not chang chiyi.

A better version that was in previously use but overwritten by the Qing Manchus was the Wade Giles system. The translation may not have been accurate but at least Westerners using it then didn't sound like they were sneezing all the time.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also this table :

夜郎Yèlángje6 long4Dạ Lang

If the Cantos are really viets n not cina. All the more reason for Cantonese to go independent. That way with its own language. It can n should middle chinese. N the fuckkas n fuckeins can all be expelled to fuckein province. Cantos don't need parasites. Fuckkas are snakes where even fuckeins don't like them