• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who knows about the game cricket?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is ridicluous. Why would any Sinkie in his or her right mind be interested in a stupid game loved by these stinking 阿差?

I remember many moons ago(b4 Ah Neh came by the planeloads)...the Singapore Cricket Club (balestier there right) only occupied during weekends with local ah neh...and i say..oh its an ah neh game..now its still an ah neh game..but Poms and Aussies and Kiwis follow the game religiously too..but the industry and cricket committee is controlled by AH Neh..even white people got to give them face..A pommie invention controlled by the Colonists..talk about the fall of the British Empire

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is ridicluous. Why would any Sinkie in his or her right mind be interested in a stupid game loved by these stinking 阿差?

Well many "sinkies" as you call us were and are very interested in this "stupid" game. Back in the 60s and 70s, it was an ECA in schools and we had national schools championships. And it was not just us "ah nehs" or the "gragos". I know of some "chinamen" who were fine players and coaches....

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well many "sinkies" as you call us were and are very interested in this "stupid" game. Back in the 60s and 70s, it was an ECA in schools and we had national schools championships. And it was not just us "ah nehs" or the "gragos". I know of some "chinamen" who were fine players and coaches....

Yeah,,but bcos its a ridiculous game..tat is y it never survive past the 70s..in the 80s till now,,,who ever know about it anymore?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was looking at the foreign Ah Nehs playing cricket at the open field the other day...

I dun understand the game...anyone know? Looks silly running up and down...

You can write in to a club that named itself after this game. Quite prestigious with several who's who in its members list.

jw5

Loyal

Would have thought that you preferred football or as the americans call it "soccer".
And Derby County were your favourite team?

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hey jw...you know about this too? I was a Cloughie fan from Derby days till Notts Forest. Roy McFarland, Archie Gemmill, Alan Hinton,

then later woodcock and peter withe

Would have thought that you preferred football or as the americans call it "soccer".
And Derby County were your favourite team?

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry Ah Clone you are bit wrong there.. I did a check at Wikipedia. Now World Hockey dominated by Pakistan, the Ozz, German and the Dutch.. The Ah Nehs won their only World title 30 years back.. Even the last 4 Olympic hockey gold medals won by the Ozz, German and Dutch... Cricket is the only salvation for India.. Thats the only sport where they can brag to be World beaters..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_hockey_at_the_Summer_Olympics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_Trophy_(field_hockey)

Lucky for the ah neh, chinamen don't have any interest in cricket.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

in the 60's and 70's!!!! OMG what a champion you are. Hey back then ppl lived in kampongs and LKY was a hero so what's your point? Typical of a shit skin like you to even have the gall and say it was popular more than 40 yrs back. That's donkey yrs ago and today this bloody game only garners interest among you shit skins and you cannot even play it well.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry Ah Clone you are bit wrong there.. I did a check at Wikipedia. Now World Hockey dominated by Pakistan, the Ozz, German and the Dutch.. The Ah Nehs won their only World title 30 years back.. Even the last 4 Olympic hockey gold medals won by the Ozz, German and Dutch... Cricket is the only salvation for India.. Thats the only sport where they can brag to be World beaters..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_hockey_at_the_Summer_Olympics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champions_Trophy_(field_hockey)

Even the only sport that they play and excel in they still lose to so many others. Of course these shit skins have some kind of excuse to always excuse them of their incompetence.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aussies beat the Indians in the recent 5 day internationals over here. They were playing very badly.

Even the only sport that they play and excel in they still lose to so many others. Of course these shit skins have some kind of excuse to always excuse them of their incompetence.

jw5

Loyal
hey jw...you know about this too? I was a Cloughie fan from Derby days till Notts Forest. Roy McFarland, Archie Gemmill, Alan Hinton,

then later woodcock and peter withe

Yeah bro, I'm a football fan including its history.
Don't know who is Alan Hinton though. :o

giggity_shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
why should this be interest to scroobal? this is probably too boring for him? thot he would play with melons rather than balls.

Borat

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the Padang, I once had a meal at one of the cricket clubs, the one near to Victoria Theatre side. The Mulligatawny soup was the best soup I ever tasted and until today I still recall how delicious it was.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah,,but bcos its a ridiculous game..tat is y it never survive past the 70s..in the 80s till now,,,who ever know about it anymore?

It didnt survive after the 70s not because its a ridiculous game. But the schools decided to concentrate on certain niche sports and cricket was losing its popularity. You may (or may not) be interested to know that is being revived in some schools and there is a sizeable interest from Chinese and Malay boys in the sport. May be in the near future, we can get a truly Singaporean national team, instead of relying on expats.

By the way, what's your definition of "a ridiculous game"? Many people think golf is a stupid sport. Grown men hitting and chasing a small ball into a hole. But thousands of Singaporeans swear by it. At the end of the day, sports is sports, whatever your poison....

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was looking at the foreign Ah Nehs playing cricket at the open field the other day...

I dun understand the game...anyone know? Looks silly running up and down...

The stupid game is like rocket science. I go India so many time still dun understand even though they show it on TV all day every day. U seriously need to play it to learn it. I suggest U go talk and join the Ah Neh's game. Most of them are usually friendly enough to explain it to U. They are very passionate about the game