• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netherlands sentences muslim to prison for calling for Wilders’ murder, but has no extradition treaty with Pakistan

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.telegraaf.nl/nieuws/265018431/twaalf-jaar-cel-voor-poging-uitlokken-moord-geert-wilders

SCHIPHOL – Khalid Latif, a Pakistani former cricketer, has been sentenced to twelve years in prison for offering the equivalent of 21,000 euros for the murder of Geert Wilders. He did this from Pakistan in 2018 via a video on the internet, in response to a cartoon competition about the Prophet Mohammed devised by the Member of Parliament.

The court of The Hague, which sat in the extra-secure court at Schiphol, called it “far from inconceivable that someone would feel called to respond to the call.” The sentence corresponds to the prosecutor’s demand at the end of last month.

At the time the video was released, there were protests in Pakistan against the cartoon contest. The court states that the man “added fuel to the fire” with the video. It is also noted that the former cricketer enjoyed “a certain international fame.” The Public Prosecution Service previously mentioned that his call had a wide reach.

No extradition treaty
The Netherlands does not have an extradition treaty with Pakistan, which means that Latif will not be extradited to the Netherlands. Latif did not come to the hearing for the hearing of his case, nor did a lawyer. Wilders was present at both the hearing of the case and the ruling. In response to the verdict, he says that he is “very happy,” but that he will only be really happy when Latif ends up behind bars.

In a statement at the end of last month, he spoke extensively in court about the impact of the death threats he receives. “I don’t need pity, but I do want you to understand what this means for me and my family. Because of all those fatwas, I have been living under heavy security for nineteen years. It started in 2004 with the then Hofstad Group. I’ve never been home since. I have lived in a prison, a barracks, a police station. And to this day, my wife and I live in a safe house.”…