• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pakistani ex-cricketer offered $23,000 for the killing of Geert Wilders for insulting Islam.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.barrons.com/news/pakistan-ex-cricketer-named-in-dutch-mp-threats-case-fbfbdc97

The Netherlands said Monday that it was prosecuting a “famous” Pakistani for allegedly inciting the murder of a lawmaker, with anti-Islam MP Geert Wilders saying the suspect is former international cricketer Khalid Latif.

The Dutch public prosecution service said a 37-year-old man had offered 21,000 euros ($23,000) in 2018 for the killing of a Dutch MP through a video on the internet, without identifying the suspect or the target.

“In this particular case, the suspect is identifiable. He is a famous person in his own country. As a result, the Dutch police recognised him from the images,” prosecutors said in a statement.

Wilders, who cancelled a competition for cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed in 2018 after demonstrations and death threats, tweeted that the suspect was former Pakistan opening batsman Latif.

“The Dutch public prosecutor will prosecute and subpoena cricket player Khalid Latif from Pakistan who put a price on my head to kill me in 2018. They will ask for his arrest and extradition as well,” Wilders tweeted.

He paid “tribute” to prosecutors and asked them to prosecute other people whom he accused of making threats.

A spokesperson for the Dutch prosecution service, when asked to confirm that Latif was the suspect, responded that “we never give names”.

Latif himself said he was unaware of the charges.

“I have no knowledge of this. I will only comment once I get any communication on this,” he told AFP.

Dutch prosecutors have now submitted a request to Pakistan that it serve the summons on the suspect, but said this would be “very complicated” as the two countries have no legal treaty.

Latif has been summoned to attend a court near Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport on August 29 on charges of attempting to incite murder, sedition and threats….