• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who knows about the game cricket?

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would have thought that you preferred football or as the americans call it "soccer".
And Derby County were your favourite team?

I played both soccer and cricket. Note the word "played". After years of abuse, the body can't take anymore...

But, of course I liked soccer more. (I think I was better at it) And with the English League and Malaysia Cup in the 60s and 70s, I gravitated more to it.

And yes, my friend, Derby County is still my favourite team. We are patiently waiting for some rich guy to buy it and kick some Man U, City, Chelsea, Arsenal butts... :-)

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
in the 60's and 70's!!!! OMG what a champion you are. Hey back then ppl lived in kampongs and LKY was a hero so what's your point? Typical of a shit skin like you to even have the gall and say it was popular more than 40 yrs back. That's donkey yrs ago and today this bloody game only garners interest among you shit skins and you cannot even play it well.

My point, sonny, is in answer to somebody else who asked why would any Singaporean in his or her right mind be interested in a stupid game. It was to show that there was a time when Singaporeans were interested. I admit 40 years ago was a long time and the popularity of the sport has diminished.

Now , you sound like a well rounded and grounded young man. What are you doing in the IMH? Or as we oldies call it, Woodbridge......

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah bro, I'm a football fan including its history.
Don't know who is Alan Hinton though. :o

Wow, did'nt know there were Derby County fans in this forum. Well, as I said before, we are all waiting for the messiah. Hope he's not waiting for us at the Baseball Ground...

By the way, Alan Hinton was a winger at Derby during the glory years. He was signed from Wolves or Forest in the late 60s and played at Derby till 1975. He was a great player and always wore white boots.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My point, sonny, is in answer to somebody else who asked why would any Singaporean in his or her right mind be interested in a stupid game. It was to show that there was a time when Singaporeans were interested. I admit 40 years ago was a long time and the popularity of the sport has diminished.

Now , you sound like a well rounded and grounded young man. What are you doing in the IMH? Or as we oldies call it, Woodbridge......

Hi Bro,

the point is Cricket is a stupid game. Maybe at that time it was an 'in' thing so can mix with the former colonial masters mah...look at HK,,before 97 the Brits try to pass this tradition to the locals but is it working now?

Its ridiculous that its a game take whole day to play and got 5 games etc..like that recent Aust vs India thing..who so free to play whole day for a whole week?? and for 5 weeks at that?

This game picked up in countries known to have lazy culture or high unemployment. Look at India? Pakistan? Australian and NZ,,,even in Aust now i see the trend going down...

A muslim fren told me cricket is actually 'haram' as it takes whole day to play,,,being muslim is about work and pray...so why soo free to play whole day. He made an exception for soccer as its a 90min game.

Its a ridiculous game..that is why its going down...no one that 'eng' to play whole day for a whole week for a whole month,,,maybe 20/20 is an exception

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
When someone said something is cricket, or "it's cricket!", it means it is so simple. Must be stupid game that's why so simple.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro,

the point is Cricket is a stupid game. Maybe at that time it was an 'in' thing so can mix with the former colonial masters mah...look at HK,,before 97 the Brits try to pass this tradition to the locals but is it working now?

Its ridiculous that its a game take whole day to play and got 5 games etc..like that recent Aust vs India thing..who so free to play whole day for a whole week?? and for 5 weeks at that?

This game picked up in countries known to have lazy culture or high unemployment. Look at India? Pakistan? Australian and NZ,,,even in Aust now i see the trend going down...

A muslim fren told me cricket is actually 'haram' as it takes whole day to play,,,being muslim is about work and pray...so why soo free to play whole day. He made an exception for soccer as its a 90min game.

Its a ridiculous game..that is why its going down...no one that 'eng' to play whole day for a whole week for a whole month,,,maybe 20/20 is an exception

Well I don't think its a ridiculous game though I agree that its popularity in Singapore is not what it used to be.

As somebody else said here, there are three forms of the game. The one you refer to as 5 games on one week is a 5 day Test match. Its one match and it seldoms goes on to 5 days. The other two forms, 50 overs one day matches and 20/20 are more popular now.

These guys may play in a Test match for 5 days but they are all highly paid professionals.

But, ultimately, one man's meat is another man's poison. That's what makes the world go around...

jw5

Loyal
he like archie gemmill played for clough at derby and then nottingham forest.

Wow, did'nt know there were Derby County fans in this forum. Well, as I said before, we are all waiting for the messiah. Hope he's not waiting for us at the Baseball Ground...

By the way, Alan Hinton was a winger at Derby during the glory years. He was signed from Wolves or Forest in the late 60s and played at Derby till 1975. He was a great player and always wore white boots.

Thanks for the information, bros.
Always glad to learn the names of great footie players.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
the jackass guy of Chelsea that you had mentioned in some other thread seems to be better at footsie than footie these days.

Thanks for the information, bros.
Always glad to learn the names of great footie players.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well I don't think its a ridiculous game though I agree that its popularity in Singapore is not what it used to be.

As somebody else said here, there are three forms of the game. The one you refer to as 5 games on one week is a 5 day Test match. Its one match and it seldoms goes on to 5 days. The other two forms, 50 overs one day matches and 20/20 are more popular now.

These guys may play in a Test match for 5 days but they are all highly paid professionals.

But, ultimately, one man's meat is another man's poison. That's what makes the world go around...

Yes bro,,,one man's meat is another man's poison...Cricket does have its place in the world,,just that its popularity is sliding,,,and really man,,,its really a ridiculous game,,but hey if more 20/20 get played,,it might rise in popularity,,,but i hope that never happens