• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What did you do during your NS

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I was from a white horse scholar company in my first 3 months BMT ..One of my platoon mate was Patrick Tan ,son of Tony Tan and there were another 3 MP's sons in the same BMT company as me. I keng until I become a driver as I was on 6 months attn B. By the time , my Attn B was completed, SAF could not post me to any combat unit as they were usually enrolled together after passing out from BMT. As an odd man out, I was put into this reservist unit
How long BMT did Patrick Tan actually do? And the MP's sons?

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do u know he was disrupted after BMT. I heard he was disrupted 2 weeks into his BMT. Never completed it.
How long BMT did Patrick Tan actually do? And the MP's sons?
He actually completed BMT with about 1 month Attn B. He fainted in one of the SOC..even MO also come down to the field check him out. Since I was also on attn B , we were grouped together doing something simple. His NS disruption should be after BMT which he had served another 5 months since he went over to US and the college semester started around Sep.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He actually completed BMT with about 1 month Attn B. He fainted in one of the SOC..even MO also come down to the field check him out. Since I was also on attn B , we were grouped together doing something simple. His NS disruption should be after BMT which he had served another 5 months since he went over to US and the college semester started around Sep.
Is he that unfit, that he was unable to complete BMT?

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
US college Fall semester starts in Sept. but no scholar wait until Sept to disrupt. usually once the A level results come out and they receive the official letter of admission from the university of their choice, and confirmed get SAFOS offer, then they disrupt. Usually by June of the year. They need a few months to arrange their flights, buy winter clothing, etc. So, I am sure he might have disrupted shortly after BMT. I am surprised MO only gave him 1 month attend B. LOL. A zhi tong MO would have given the whole BMT attend B for him. LOL.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Faint is not the big issue. Issue is why he was allowed to disrupt his NS. Not as if he is saving the world.
Not only he disrupt NS. He never completed it. When he came back from his 12 years studies, he was given a fully equipped lab to play with. According to his father Tony, he disrupted after he did 3 months of OCS. Probably because OCS second term is very tough. But when he came back from overseas study, he was a already an officer, and Medical doctor, and given a lab to do melioidosis research. What happened to the rest of his 6 months in OCS? Never even complete OCS but can become officer meh? What a joke. Fucking Tony claim that melioidosis was a dangerous SAF disease so he must do research. Lancheow lah. WHat about all those overseas grads who disrupted and came back with engineering degree. How come they not send to Combat engineers? They have to do NS and can end up with some other vocation not related to their studies.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
US college Fall semester starts in Sept. but no scholar wait until Sept to disrupt. usually once the A level results come out and they receive the official letter of admission from the university of their choice, and confirmed get SAFOS offer, then they disrupt. Usually by June of the year. They need a few months to arrange their flights, buy winter clothing, etc. So, I am sure he might have disrupted shortly after BMT. I am surprised MO only gave him 1 month attend B. LOL. A zhi tong MO would have given the whole BMT attend B for him. LOL.
Patrick needs to pass out of BMT to go OCS to get his scholarship ..MO gave him just enough attn B to make sure he has an easy life as nobody want to see him faint again.