• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat What did you do during your NS

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not an eye opener. It's a big joke. We also had detailed plans to attack this country first. Where to stop. What route to take. etc. We have an entire ORBAT for this, and timeline. At that time, it was like big fuck top secret deal, like u are mentioning now. It was just to impress gullible fucks into thinking their job was super secret and important. Just like we all trained on super secret KP tank was like super garang, can whack anything the enemy had. Later I found out that if we had been the aggressors, no matter how justified, we would have been boycotted, sanctioned and embargoed until we become a stone age economy. Plus the entire weight of the muslim world will commit jihad on us, and the retaliation on us will wipe us out. When u realize this, then u know the political leadership will never initiate hostilities. Not to mention the scholar genitals SAFOS high command couldn't march 10km with our army before some major cockup. Even the PMO know this.
That is why must use drone mah

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
My vocation is a secret, and I was put into a classified unit. :wink:

Why classified? Because the whole point of NS training is to prepare for war (i.e. we attack first, not we wait for them to attack and we defend) against a certain imaginary enemy which I shall not name here. All the military ops and tactics are based on this. :cool:
Do u still believe it now that u have seen them out number u in the work place? :biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
NS is one thing….the other stupid waste of time is ICT & IPPT.

If you also make ICT & IPPT voluntary….see how many fuckers will take part.
ICT is not time waster for PAP and FamiLee. The real reason for ICT is to justify all the reserve units. U have minimum 2-3 layers of reserve battalion to back up the front line units. And at least 2 reserve Divs. All of these units need to be commanded by a regular senior officer, Lt Col rank and above. Guess where they put the scholar genitals from SAFOS?

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I served, U2 was rattling and humming, and Depeche Mode was violating. Bookout time was trying to hook middle class girls (got no taste for Ah Lians though in retrospect they probably best Sinkie wife material) at Far East, Centrepoint, or Hard Rock, but wondering where my future lies since can't get into NUS/NTU. My limpeh sent me overseas and that's when I found out SG really fucked up fine cuntry under that Woody Goh. Fuck his mother cheebye.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When I served, U2 was rattling and humming, and Depeche Mode was violating. Bookout time was trying to hook middle class girls (got no taste for Ah Lians though in retrospect they probably best Sinkie wife material) at Far East, Centrepoint, or Hard Rock, but wondering where my future lies since can't get into NUS/NTU. My limpeh sent me overseas and that's when I found out SG really fucked up fine cuntry under that Woody Goh. Fuck his mother cheebye.
But who designated woody? Its that asshole Old Fart.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a driver for a reservist unit. I took a nap in all the vehicles everyday

If you only drive landrovers or Ford Everest, then good life.

Otherwise, Driver is a shit low-life vocation and not respected. If you hit something, u get charged and DB. Officers should declare these as training incidents, since we are all training in army. In unheavenly hours, you go draw amno or do makan delivery, then rest during morning roll-calls, you get fucked. On normal days, Drivers wake up earlier, sleep later than everyone.

Before Uber, army already treats drivers like Uber, you got to draw stores / draw vehicles and wait for whoever booked u, sometimes even need to do small-talks with Vehicle Commander.

During exercises, got to dig trench and camo vehicles whenever vehicle stopped, how to rest? Insufficient rest can result in accident so we napped in vehicle while others are eating or resting.

After returning from training, you got to wash vehicles, return stores while everyone returned to bunk.

Nobody respects driver in army. The only tangible benefit is that we can sneak back to camp for quick showers during outfield during re-supplying but regulars do that too.

Last edited:

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am a driver for a reservist unit. I took a nap in all the vehicles everyday
I leemember during NS time some keng soldiers took naps under the shade of the army truck to avoid the mid day heat until one had a narrow escape.
From then on anyone caught who try to khoon under the truck risked being charged or kena weekend guard duty.

saf-female-soldier-tired.gif

Cannot climb the wall izzit?
knnb
lol

vgM1RV.gif

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best vocation was cook. Always good makan in kitchen, can spit into the regular officers' food (separated from rest). Nobody in the right mind will offend the cook.

I remembered when we delivered food, it was one big pot/container, sometimes the top layered rice will be covered with fine sand dust because it was not tightly covered or cover came off. Then need to scoop away and discard that portion.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you only drive landrovers or Ford Everest, then good life.

Otherwise, Driver is a shit low-life vocation and not respected. If you hit something, u get charged and DB. Officers should declare these as training incidents, since we are all training in army. In unheavenly hours, you go draw amno or do makan delivery, then rest during morning roll-calls, you get fucked. On normal days, Drivers wake up earlier, sleep later than everyone.

Before Uber, army already treats drivers like Uber, you got to draw stores / draw vehicles and wait for whoever booked u, sometimes even need to do small-talks with Vehicle Commander.

During exercises, got to dig trench and camo vehicles whenever vehicle stopped, how to rest? Insufficient rest can result in accident so we napped in vehicle while others are eating or resting.

After returning from training, you got to wash vehicles, return stores while everyone returned to bunk.

Nobody respects driver in army. The only tangible benefit is that we can sneak back to camp for quick showers during outfield during re-supplying but regulars do that too.
I am a driver but I don't really drive. I start the reservist vehicles every month and drive 1 round in the camp to make sure the vehicle is working. However, I was so lazy that most vehicles become undriveable after I ROD

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Driver are mostly bo tark chek kind.
I know many drivers and wonder why saf need so many drivers, storeman, clerk.
I was from a white horse scholar company in my first 3 months BMT ..One of my platoon mate was Patrick Tan ,son of Tony Tan and there were another 3 MP's sons in the same BMT company as me. I keng until I become a driver as I was on 6 months attn B. By the time , my Attn B was completed, SAF could not post me to any combat unit as they were usually enrolled together after passing out from BMT. As an odd man out, I was put into this reservist unit

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was from a white horse scholar company in my first 3 months BMT ..One of my platoon mate was Patrick Tan ,son of Tony Tan and there were another 3 MP's sons in the same BMT company as me. I keng until I become a driver as I was on 6 months attn B. By the time , my Attn B was completed, SAF could not post me to any combat unit as they were usually enrolled together after passing out from BMT. As an odd man out, I was put into this reservist unit
Did you try to plp those white horse for some benefits?
Last time I plp one white horse and the benefits I received was go clubbing don't need pay $ and going home also free transportation. Plus he will bring girls along so can get to know more girls.
Although those girls will only stick to rich white horse, it was still better than nothing to cho wo cho bo with the girls.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I knew one white horse(wh) CO who is attached with a personal bodyguard n personal driver.His men (other ranks n officers) got chendol n nasi lemak for lunch.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

We may have known each other during that time. Same era and taste.

bart12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you try to plp those white horse for some benefits?
Last time I plp one white horse and the benefits I received was go clubbing don't need pay $ and going home also free transportation. Plus he will bring girls along so can get to know more girls.
Although those girls will only stick to rich white horse, it was still better than nothing to cho wo cho bo with the girls.
Actually, I am not some VIP son and don't really belong to this white horse company. I was late reporting for my NS and ended up in this company since they still have some bed to fill. Once you are in this white horse company, you already have an easy time in BMT. For example, we are always the first company to book out and the last company to have breakfast..this means we don't have to wake up early. When we report sick, we always get some kind of MC. When you are in BMT, the last thing you want to do on a weekend is to go clubbing. However ,when I was posted to my unit after BMT, one of my platoon mate was a DJ in one of the club in beach road . Our platoon usually hanged out in his club since it was free entrance for us, it was great fun during my NS..

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, I am not some VIP son and don't really belong to this white horse company. I was late reporting for my NS and ended up in this company since they still have some bed to fill. Once you are in this white horse company, you already have an easy time in BMT. For example, we are always the first company to book out and the last company to have breakfast..this means we don't have to wake up early. When we report sick, we always get some kind of MC. When you are in BMT, the last thing you want to do on a weekend is to go clubbing. However ,when I was posted to my unit after BMT, one of my platoon mate was a DJ in one of the club in beach road . Our platoon usually hanged out in his club since it was free entrance for us, it was great fun during my NS..
Lucky you being able to be well shielded by white horses during bmt.
I was referring myself serving as a clerk in mindef then got plenty of energy for clubbing every weekend without a missed.
Bmt time I was at sbmt all lasup hokkien peng impossible to meet white horses.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNNB how did you spend your 2 - 2.5 years in NS.
Were you on the ball want to fight and die for Singapore, a spy for the platoon commander or maybe a gangster and kena charge a few times or Chao Beng or a Keng King.

Well, I was a Keng King of the Keng Kings.
lol
Bro, quit trying to get personal info from the guys here lah.

Most responses are fake though there maybe one or two who post seriously enough and reveal their personal data.