• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Unable to use the $300 climate voucher

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can consider this if you really can't get your water heater.

View attachment 208153
1000030097.jpg

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I went to purchase water heater when the old heater not heating properly.
And realised all the listed participating shops are not accepting the voucher for water heater, when the website stated water heater as one of the voucher usable item.

I asked the shop assistant why..
All the shop gave the same answer - you can use it for fridge, aircon dc fan etc but not water heater. I then showed them that water heater is listed in the climate voucher website. And they told me - I don't know, you can try other shops but here cannot use.
I went to fairprice, courts and best denki and all 3 not accepting it. Wtf
I think only heat pump water heaters are eligible.
It costs almost a thousand. These vouchers were meant for you to take out your money and spend it.
I don't intend to use it. It's actually a scam.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cb means the scam still exist.
Heat pump water heater is very expensive, still need to topup alot.
It's not a scam. I have $600 in CV, someone passed me $300.

I waited for HDB to upgrade my HDB flat. I was about to change my water tank, but I waited. When HDB came to upgrade, I went to buy a new one from Hoe Kee. The bangla from HDB took down the old one and replaced it with new one - all free leh. So I saved $100 in labour.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think only heat pump water heaters are eligible.
It costs almost a thousand. These vouchers were meant for you to take out your money and spend it.
I don't intend to use it. It's actually a scam.

Dear uncle @sbfuncle , pls don’t get cheated, find the shop that sell you water heater so that u can use the voucher ok.

Pls don’t use the voucher on expensive items and you may end up poorer
Cb this gov really very evil.
Give goodies also want to makan people.
Not sincere at all.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

I waited for HDB to upgrade my HDB flat. I was about to change my water tank, but I waited. When HDB came to upgrade, I went to buy a new one from Hoe Kee. The bangla from HDB took down the old one and replaced it with new one - all free leh. So I saved $100 in labour.
Are you sure cv can combine one?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are confirmed a high end person.
Even heater is using pump type.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot combine. So I suggest you buy this Mistral cheong Dyson fan.
Then how come someone can pass you $300?

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also if my home only has 1 bathroom, does it make sense to buy water pump kind? Pump is to share toilet usage right.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also if my home only has 1 bathroom, does it make sense to buy water pump kind? Pump is to share toilet usage right.
No, it's the pump pressure and the consistency of the temperature of the water.

Water tank has a boiler, so once it's heat up to 60 degrees, the water coming out of your shower spray will have the same temperature. Instant water heater is different. Sometimes too cold sometimes to hot.