• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat TVB Paid $5 for Cantonese Chiobu’s Golden CB

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Ali Lee and Leonard Cheng Deny Dating Rumors​

1644069503256.png

Ali Lee (李佳芯) is speculated to have a special mysterious man in her life. Since becoming single again last year, she has been linked with rich businessman Mark Chan (陳恩德). After the actress said future developments with Mark “are impossible,” TVB host Leonard Cheng (鄭衍峰) is said to be Ali’s newest beau!

A netizen snapped a photo of Ali eating with a mysterious man on November 27, which is the actress’ 39th birthday. Although only half of the man’s face is visible, his eyes and hairstyle resemble Leonard. The woman in the photo is believed to be Ali, as she had uploaded a photo of herself dressed in the exact same outfit on her birthday.

1644069541172.png

Ali and Leonard appear to be an odd match, as they seem to have nothing in common and she is also older by nine years. Ali has never been one to care for looks, which is why she stayed with her ex-boyfriend Danny Chan (陳炳銓) for seven years. Although Leonard is not considered classically handsome, he has a lot of talent and is versed in many areas including theater production and hosting.

Growing up in Vancouver, Leonard graduated from the University of British Columbia in 2013 and worked as a host for Fairchild, a Canadian Chinese television and radio station. In 2016, he signed a contract with TVB and returned to Hong Kong and has been developing his hosting and acting career since. Possessing a fit physique with a 43-inch chest and dubbed as a sweet talker, Leonard has been linked with Crystal Fung (馮盈盈) after visiting her home.

When reached for comments, Leonard said, “I have never dined with Ali. We only see each other at work, and I have no intention of pursuing her.”

Ali also denied eating with Leonard, and said that she does not know him. Reporters asked who the mysterious man is, and she said that he is a regular friend. “There have been a lot of speculations about my love life recently–thank you for your concern.”

jw5

Loyal
from jaynestars.com:

Lisa Tse Reveals Her Low Basic Pay at TVB​

1644151424650.png

Getting candid on China’s Instagram-like Little Red Book, actress Lisa Marie Tse (謝嘉怡) and Luk Ho Ming (陸浩明) chatted about the tough questions elders liked to ask during Lunar New Year festivities, with the 2020 Miss Hong Kong winner revealing her low basic pay at the station!

Reassures Granny Who’s Concerned About Her Livelihood

Eating desserts while sharing about Lunar New Year, Lisa spilled that this is her first time spending the festival in Hong Kong with her parents, and agreed that relatives’ favorite questions she had to “tackle” were indeed choice of career and monthly salary.

Lisa shared that her grandmother was concerned that she could not make enough in Hong Kong, after she gave up a stable career in Scotland to pursue her celebrity dream in the city. “Every time I visited her, she would ask me how much I brought home every month, and I’d reply, ‘It’s okay.’” Since Lisa had to start a new chapter of her life alone in Hong Kong, her grandmother would also worry about her getting cheated in relationships, or suffering during the cold season.

Nursing Salaries in UK vs. Hong Kong

Discussing the topic of wages, Lisa shared that she had a starting salary of HK$26,000 when she first joined the nursing profession in Scotland. Due to affordable monthly housing rentals of 4,000 pounds and monthly car expenses of 2,000 pounds a month, she could save quite a sizeable amount. “Nurses in Hong Kong earn much more than in the UK, but expenses there were half lower.”

When asked about her monthly wages at TVB, she smilingly replied, “It’s different each month.” Asked what was the lowest, Lisa said, “It depends on my workload–the lowest I got was really low. My basic pay is lower.”

Not Keen to Start Dating

As for the question of dating, the 26-year-old revealed that she is currently single, but not available. “It’s hard in Hong Kong, I like filming to produce dramas for everyone and also have to return to work. I pretty much have no time to date.” When Ho Ming suggested she try dating someone from the industry, she felt that being in the same line might be a cause for conflict, which she would rather avoid as “I’m a very peace-loving person.”

Lisa’s father is from Hong Kong dad while her mom is Scottish. She is a nursing graduate of Edinburgh Napier University, and has also done voluntary work in China and Africa.

As she lacked fluency in Cantonese when she first signed on with the company, Lisa was assigned to variety programs to help her improve her language command. After putting in much hard work to polish up her Cantonese by watching television and tuning in to the radio, she has improved much. To test waters, she has also made appearances on the long-running sitcom Come Home Love: Lo and Behold <愛.回家之開心速遞> , successfully garnering the attention of viewers.