• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tin Pei Ling resigns from Ernst & Young

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
bstin7.png

Dracula's consort attempting to feed??:eek:

:biggrin:

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It's not so easy to leave by serving super short notice in a professional services firm. If you have field engagements on your plate, you will have to do handover within that period. This is usually demanded by the managers and the client.

Another reason i can think of is very very low billable hours..... which makes it no different if you are in the company or not.

I really hope you are cracking a joke. What "Field Engagements"? couple of months back, she was only an associate. Associates are highly replaceable. She was promoted to currently Senior Consultant. I really doubt she has any "Field Engagements"

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's not so easy to leave by serving super short notice in a professional services firm. If you have field engagements on your plate, you will have to do handover within that period. This is usually demanded by the managers and the client.

Another reason i can think of is very very low billable hours..... which makes it no different if you are in the company or not.

hi there

1. unless sheep is super useless and clueless.
2. both parties agreed the 24hr notification.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats what rouge meant, when he said "very very low billable hours...." :smile:

I really hope you are cracking a joke. What "Field Engagements"? couple of months back, she was only an associate. Associates are highly replaceable. She was promoted to currently Senior Consultant. I really doubt she has any "Field Engagements"

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

So was she surfing www.katespade.com in the EY office all these years? Or filing documents?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT should be proud of her now. Is she the first full time MP from the ruling party? :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...516133&refid=0

Yesterday (31 May 2011) marked my last day with Ernst & Young. After long and careful deliberation, I decided to resign from the firm to focus on my responsibilities in MacPherson and Marine Parade GRC. Working as a business consultant has been enriching and meaningful, and I deeply appreciate the confidence and opportunities that the firm has given me over the years.

I have now been on the ground in MacPherson for over two months. MacPherson has a large number of elderly and poorer households. I feel strongly for them. They require and deserve more help and attention, and there is still much that can be done for them. I have decided to spend more time on the ground, to better serve the needs of residents, and to implement my plans for MacPherson.

I will consider my longer-term career plans in the future, but fulfilling my duties to the residents of MacPherson will remain my first and utmost priority.

0_824631582l.jpg

becomes

bstin7.png

Don't believe it until we see actual resignation form and how much pension she gets paid.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The main fact is that she is the first PAP MP to do this. How many PAP MPs do you know who resign to serve their constitutency? So if she does a good thing for her constituency, you will look upon her with disfavor? Come five years' time, if she does it well, her constituency residents will look upon her favourably.

As for wayangs, these shows are also put up by the oppositions. It is just that they lost and have no opportunity to do more wayangs.

Now if only more PAP MPs do suit. For every elected GRC, one MP serve full-time. This will go a long way to understanding the ground, far better than reliance on the RCs and other organizations. For example, if Irene Ng serve full-time in Tampines, it would certainly gladden the hearts of many when they see her cycling around the area. Mah Bow Tan, now with a MP job, can also serve full-time. It will be gratifying if he goes around surveying if his policies caused difficulties to anyone. Wong Kan Seng, in a similar boat, can check out the quality of police patrols in the constituency and see if gurkhas may help. I think we can give George Yeo a break. They should have put Khaw Boon Wan in Aljunid instead.

i think you got the sequence all wrong. people dont like her because she went through back door to become mp and she shows that she cant do the job before election although she very much want to. "greatest regret never bring parents to universal studio??? " what the fuck!!! you pap dog hope your master bring you to universal studio is it?

if im a MP, i will do full time too!!! the credit will not be hers as she is not the first one to do it in the parliament. why only talk about pap??? you pap dogs only have narrow vision focus on the good things about your master???

talk about wayang, no doubt she is definitely wayang. she will get 64 other jobs like yeo guat kwang. chek! what is her job in Ernst & Young??? she will be appointed as non executive director, independent non executive director or even executive director sitting in the board in a lot of mainboard listed companies and GLC. maybe some president or chairperson in some committees or NPOs. opposition resign from full time job will really work the ground to earn the 15k!!! not like TPL who will follow her predecessors to hold multiple directorships in many companies.

r u in heat you pap dog??? its the season now for mating no doubt. maybe you can try this to your TPL. :oIo::oIo::oIo:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PZDpJ06skzE" allowfullscreen="" width="480" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

Last edited:

Nomad

Alfrescian
Loyal
what happen to her case during the cooling day ???
the police and election department is dragging it and hope that everyone will forget about it.
they already interview all relevant parties concerned and should have been supply or gather all the necessary evidents.
surely should make an decision by now.

this is a slap in the face for PAP. the rules and regulations are set by them,when they are the government.
thinking of using a young girl to connect with the younger generation and trying to show her IT savy.
but in the end,this matter goes to show that she knows nothing about IT.
a mistake is still a mistake,whether by herself or by her admin (which I consider part of her team during election).
so a violation is still an violation,even it is committed by her admin,which during the election campaign,is part of her team.

so maybe for this coming president election,we should go for someone who do not have any connection with the government and PAP.
George Yeo should just enjoy his retirement and forget about running for the president.
one of the criteria to be eligible for consideration as an president candidate,is that he/she should not have any links with the government,any polictical party and union.
so anyone who is consider running for president,should state their stand on this case,what is their view ?
whether she violated the election laws ???

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not in the least bit surprised.

As a rookie consultant, how much will she be paid? Not only that, after some time, you are supposed to bring in yr own business to make the pie bigger and pull yr own weight instead of just depending on what's harvested by the company. So in that sense, an MP is much better: at $14,000 pm it's much much higher pay than what she gets in E&Y as a rookie, and with guaranteed tenure of 5 years as MP till the next election, she can pay for her French cooking classes, shop in London, Paris and NY. As we all know now, the KPIs for an MP can be much more ambiguous than that for a consultant. You can't hide under or ride on the coat tails of a Minister at E&Y.

Last edited:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think you got the sequence all wrong. people dont like her because she went through back door to become mp and she shows that she cant do the job before election although she very much want to. "greatest regret never bring parents to universal studio??? " what the fuck!!! you pap dog hope your master bring you to universal studio is it?

You forgot that PAP doggies will only highlight the good points while leaving out the bad. :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On the other hand, she could have developed a conscience and dedicated herself fully towards helping the poor and needy? lol

hi there

1. bro, no kidding man!
2. sheep having some conscience?
3. sheepishland will flood in 100 years!
4. come on! get real.

SotongMee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Healthy competition brings out the best between players, this is healthy and positive for the country.

The recent GE2011 seen lots of never happened before scenarios in Sg, this is because there is contest.

So it is a good thing must give credit to the players.

Along with the issues you brought up - Minister pay, FT, transport and housing, there is also the GRC system which has resulted in an MP no body wants in parliament house.

So this woman will be under the spotlight for the next 5 years.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Healthy competition brings out the best between players, this is healthy and positive for the country.

The recent GE2011 seen lots of never happened before scenarios in Sg, this is because there is contest.

So it is a good thing must give credit to the players.

I agree. If only the GE can happen more frequently to bring out the best from our million dollar servants constantly.

dankos

kate spade tin already said even thou she resigned, she will NOT be a fulltime MP. she is just taking a break before her next job. so whats the big deal of her resigning from her current job.