• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP Tin Pei Ling leaves Grab, joining fintech company

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did she fail her probation?
She was asked to find another job, otherwise she would be fired?

MP Tin Pei Ling leaves Grab, joining fintech company​

aitinpeiling1708.jpg

MP Tin Pei Ling (centre) said she has had “an invaluable experience” at Grab. PHOTO: PEI LING TIN/LINKEDIN
christopher.png

Christopher Tan
Senior Transport Correspondent

August 16, 2023

SINGAPORE - MP Tin Pei Ling has called it quits at ride-hailing giant Grab Singapore – barely half a year after assuming a corporate development role in the company.
In her LinkedIn post on Aug 17, Ms Tin said she would be joining a fintech company which “aims to pioneer innovative advancements in the payment industry”, starting Oct 1.
“I will take on a leadership role in strategic partnerships and business development,” she wrote. “I am excited that this new role will give me the opportunity to support the company’s product innovation efforts and expansion into key Asia-Pacific markets.”
When contacted by The Straits Times on Thursday, Ms Tin declined to say which fintech company she was joining, or if the firm was local, regional or international.
“Sorry, it’s an agreement I have with the (fintech) company,” she said, adding that she could not say more than what she has in her LinkedIn post.
Grab issued a statement confirming Ms Tin’s departure, in response to queries.
“We confirm that Tin Pei Ling will be leaving Grab to pursue a new role in strategic partnership and business development,” the statement said. “We fully support Pei Ling’s aspiration to take on a more front-facing role and look forward to her continued championing of tech innovation in Singapore.”

Ms Tin, who is MP for MacPherson, made waves when she joined Grab in January as its Singapore director of public affairs and policy.
After a public uproar questioning if the move would lead to conflict of interest with her MP role, Grab moved her to a corporate development position in February.
Grab said Ms Tin had made “valuable contributions here, supporting key projects and investments”.
In her post on Aug 17, Ms Tin said she has had “an invaluable experience” at Grab. “It was an opportunity for me to return to the private sector, to broaden my horizons, hone new skills and allow me to make a contribution in a different way,” she added.

oliverlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
useful idiot. Someone's watch dog. Grab is a foregone conclusion, time to move on to the next T investment

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm curious to know was it someone of power that gave order to grab or that fintech to hire her or she ownself got it through her capabilities and went through successful interviews process ?
Why would these company hire her if not being forced to ?

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
She already xia suay herself and PAP for joining this PCB JiuHu Sai scam company now then realized is already too late, LOL.

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...suits-in-us-following-recent-share-price-dive

Grab could face class action suits in US following recent share price dive​

AK_grb_080322.jpg

Grab's CEO Anthony Tan (left) and co-founder Tan Hooi Ling (right) with Nasdaq APAC chairman Robert McCooey at the Nasdaq bell-ringing ceremony on Dec 2, 2021. PHOTO: REUTERS

https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...stors-With-Substantial-Losses-to-Contact-Firm

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is she getting paid a part timer MP wage?

Why are these MPs so greedy? If u can fucking take on a full time job on top of your MP duties, then u ain’t doing much !

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its a last minute job...Grab ask to release her and give a face saving departure. If this is not conflict of interest, i don't know what is. As MP she will have access to privy info and as employee of GRAB she is obliged to use the info for the benefit of GRAB.

Suppose GRAB is thinking of increasing fares...TPL will be able to pass info like when its the best time to do so...etc. KNN why isn't CPIB investigating?