• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Official TCSS Thread

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First of all wife and I not pro but she wanted a good camera for Japan trip in July so I bought her a starter kit 600D. Good size for her hands la. Lens is standard EF-S18-135mm. I want to get er into and photo course but here all conducted in Thai so I ask her to wait a little while more to search.
600D is a good camera, though I prefer 60D, the zoom lens are versatile lah, haha

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
hmm..usu if you buy a canon, you can sign up for a free photography course - i think some years back Canon singapore got this lobang...u might want to try when you r back in Sinkieland. Condition is you bring along ur canon...

Thanks for the lead amoeba. As for 1D yes its ultimate but I will be doing insult to the camera because it much much more cleverer than me. Like the monkey with the diamond and I'm the monkey. :biggrin:

600D is a good camera, though I prefer 60D, the zoom lens are versatile lah, haha

600D is also versatile for lenses uses my other two Canon lenses the telephoto EF 70-200 IS USM and the ultra-wide EF 17-40 f/4L USM but these two are reserved for my old 20D. Until such time wife is comfortable with her 600D I will transfer these to her and after she really interested and want to go further will get her the 7D and skip the 70D altogether. It all depends on her.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First of all wife and I not pro but she wanted a good camera for Japan trip in July so I bought her a starter kit 600D. Good size for her hands la. Lens is standard EF-S18-135mm. I want to get er into and photo course but here all conducted in Thai so I ask her to wait a little while more to search.
Bought a Nikon D40 few years ago to compliment another hobby. :p Was crazy about photography for initial first few weeks but subsequently camera is collecting dust. DSLR Too complicated to use so ended up with a Pentax compact camera or my phone.

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Err...I'd like to help you. But next two days her tour of Singapore is booked by my Thai aunt already. She's here to represent the Thai side of our relatives in another (Singapore) cousin's wedding. The Thai relatives don't want to lose face without sending representive to Singapore relative wedding. The Singaporr elatives also won't want to lose face by letting stray in around in Singapore without talking care of her. My mom and aunt would be held responsible as if crime against heaven 滔天大罪 if anything happens to her.

Aiyoh , so well protected na :mad:

I with wife la and she kept holing the big camera taking birds and sea and sky.

Chiobus I talking about mostly farangs with one bottom piece ony

Grab the camera from her and say you also go take pics of birds of another specimen :p

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Zeddy, 2 hamburgers and 1 roti John, no wonder the rat angry with you. You eat a lot. Anyway you go JB for what ah normally Singaporeans go for supermarket shopping, you too?

Did not go to the supermarket.. Only went to JB to top up petrol and wash my car there... Then as usual brought in few packets of ciggarettes from JB..... Knn very tired.. Reached home at around 2 am.. Then got to go work at 4am.. Now only lunch time.. Still got 5 more hours to go at the office..:(

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking said:
Simi camera brand? Can shoot bird? must be a damn good cam, LOL

Understand there are a couple of think-out-of-the-box camera technologies that are very interesting and might help in shooting birds. One camera allows you to shoot first and focus later. The other camera is a camera that even a blind man can use. It is equipped with braille compatible view finder.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamaking said:
I dun like Canon, their technology is dead, thought I dun mind 5D Mark2, haha.... I think Nikon is a better camera. I'm using Olympus E-P2, bought it 2 years ago, dun like big bulky DSLR, lol

Understand that Canon is manufactured in Japan but Nikon is mainly done in Thailand. For the older film cameras, Nikon was ahead of Canon as pro equipment, but for digital cameras, Canon seems to be slightly earlier in the introduction of new technologies. Both brands are supposed to be very good for low light exposure, with relatively better chroma noise suppression. Sony, on the other hand, has higher noise suppression but concentrated mainly in the luminance signal I.e. green noise is well suppressed but the other colours are less well controlled. The results are less good for dark scenes.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Did not go to the supermarket.. Only went to JB to top up petrol and wash my car there... Then as usual brought in few packets of ciggarettes from JB..... Knn very tired.. Reached home at around 2 am.. Then got to go work at 4am.. Now only lunch time.. Still got 5 more hours to go at the office..:(

Hi Zeddy, I think you can take duty free cigg from offshore ship captains right? Safer mah. Singapore customs very strict right? You not scared ah?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Zeddy, I think you can take duty free cigg from offshore ship captains right? Safer mah. Singapore customs very strict right? You not scared ah?

Some ship captains can be very stingy with their ciggarettes stocks.. Sometimes they will only reserved their ciggarettes stock for their own vessel crew.. Last nite at JB, I bought 2 packs of ciggarettes but I declared only one pack to the Spore Customs.. One pack I hid inside my car boot..

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some ship captains can be very stingy with their ciggarettes stocks.. Sometimes they will only reserved their ciggarettes stock for their own vessel crew.. Last nite at JB, I bought 2 packs of ciggarettes but I declared only one pack to the Spore Customs.. One pack I hid inside my car boot..
Surprisingly, the customs at Changi airport actually give chance. Was stopped at the customs and the officer ask: 'anything to declare?'. I told him 4 pack of cigarettes. He just tell me to go another counter to pay the taxes and GST. After paying the taxes/GST, still cheaper than SG price.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Understand there are a couple of think-out-of-the-box camera technologies that are very interesting and might help in shooting birds. One camera allows you to shoot first and focus later. The other camera is a camera that even a blind man can use. It is equipped with braille compatible view finder.
You are talking about Lytro camera with lightfield technology? Anyway, I got nothing against Nikon or Canon, both are too big for my hand and its very incovenient to carry, lol

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surprisingly, the customs at Changi airport actually give chance. Was stopped at the customs and the officer ask: 'anything to declare?'. I told him 4 pack of cigarettes. He just tell me to go another counter to pay the taxes and GST. After paying the taxes/GST, still cheaper than SG price.

By the right i think its the same procedure at Woodlands Checkpoints.. But Custom officers would usually closed one eye if you told them you are bringin in only 1 pack of the already opened ciggarette packet.. Usually I would smoke a stick first out of the 20 sticks.. So that means I would only bring in 19 sticks instead of 20.. As for the other unopened packet I would usually hide it inside my car boot.. From my past experiences driving back to Spore from JB, Customs officers are usually ok.. Its those bastards Malaysians from the Auxilliary Aetos Police that is f*ckin on the ball and very yaya..

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Ya ciggys very expensive in Singapore. Last week when I in Japan airport bought 2 cartons of those Japanese slim cigarette. I thinks it's about $50 per carton. Just for fun la. I don't smoke anyway but thought those cigarettes are cool. Will give to friends who smoke.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the right i think its the same procedure at Woodlands Checkpoints.. But Custom officers would usually closed one eye if you told them you are bringin in only 1 pack of the already opened ciggarette packet.. Usually I would smoke a stick first out of the 20 sticks.. So that means I would only bring in 19 sticks instead of 20.. As for the other unopened packet I would usually hide it inside my car boot.. From my past experiences driving back to Spore from JB, Customs officers are usually ok.. Its those bastards Malaysians from the Auxilliary Aetos Police that is f*ckin on the ball and very yaya..
Actually, curious about their calculation method. For ciggies available in SG, think no problem. The ciggies I had is not available in SG and how do they know how much to tax my ciggies. Saw the staff refering to a piece of laminated paper and I ended up paying close to thirty dollar for 4 packs. Plus my cost price still cheaper than SG ciggies.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Understand that Canon is manufactured in Japan but Nikon is mainly done in Thailand. For the older film cameras, Nikon was ahead of Canon as pro equipment, but for digital cameras, Canon seems to be slightly earlier in the introduction of new technologies. Both brands are supposed to be very good for low light exposure, with relatively better chroma noise suppression. Sony, on the other hand, has higher noise suppression but concentrated mainly in the luminance signal I.e. green noise is well suppressed but the other colours are less well controlled. The results are less good for dark scenes.

Fook Seng thank you for your insight. For me I believe both Nikon and Canon are good cnrands for camera it's. Eyond me to compare the fine points of photography. I go for Canon out of familiarity and also you know when you start to have one or two of a brand's lenses you're stuck.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Watching beach volleyball between Thai and Indo. Thai players figures quite nice a little flabby nice. But all four players breasts damn small and looks kinda funny with their big bodies. Sia-dai nice body but no num.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watching beach volleyball between Thai and Indo. Thai players figures quite nice a little flabby nice. But all four players breasts damn small and looks kinda funny with their big bodies. Sia-dai nice body but no num.

hmm..i wonder if Sinkie & Mudland playing...

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OK, tomorrow early morning flight, this trip aim is to eat roast pigeon, portuguese food at Macau, and go to the cat restaurant at causeway bay, hahaa. I hope the weather is good.