• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the everlasting mystery of johor

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
b_26BayouWaterVillage.jpg

Leisure farm - Bayou

28758.jpg

just next to Legoland........

horizon_hills_double_storey_bungalow_96635234506599354.jpg

2012-08-22120711.jpg

you can see this from the road just after Legoland.....

pic taken from our very own forum........ http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?125228-Horizon-Hills-community/page4

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by right, it should be as cosmopolitan as sgp or even better since they have bigger land area. why are they like stuck in time?

Ah Hia, a picture tells a thousand words.

U seen the pictures posted here. Now u go to Nusajaya and witness it urself.

Watever u read fm the ST abt how dangerous JB is blah blah blah, I take those "negative" news in good stride. Dont wish to see so many sinkies snapping up properties in JB and spoilt mkt tere.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup maybe a kampong but do you know how many sinkees live here in JB? Now go check the traffic report and see how many sinkees are at the causeway trying to get in this very moment.

The street that has New York Hotel, gonna develop two new condo projects and is targeting sinkees. Something similar to KSL shopping centre.

I see the m&d government coming up with a new visa for sinkees very soon.

Johor is developing at a much rapid pace due to cost of living in peesai. Utilities only cost less than half than in peesai. Not a problem to have every aircon on in every room of a huge bungalow in Johor.

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
in almost every m'sian states, except KL in selangor, it seems to be stuck in time. go to malacca, it's the same then and now.

Eventually down the road sinkees who bought in Johor will sell and move further into states like malacca to retire. The further in before KL things get more cheaper.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If kampong houses, then things tere should be very very cheap.

Go JB central or Bukit Indah (Jusco) @ Nusajaya. Try eating there or shopping there. See whether one pay kampong prices or city prices.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only goondus want Johor to be like Singapore. Johor is a wonderful getaway where Singaporeans can relax and escape the stifling atmosphere of city life, enjoy sights and food not available at home, see nature in the raw and view wondrous stars in the night. What more can we asked for?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
fb0f44280251_1_V550.jpg

For the price of a 3 room HDB flat... you can get this.......

if u observe carefully, how many are actually occupied and how many are vacant?

a pal of mine bought one, fully furnished it and hoping to use it for holiday visits. guess what happen? it was broken into, ransacked with most of the electrical appliances and other valuable fittings such as lamps were are stolen.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes I wonder how Malaysia, a huge country with thousands of kilometres of sleek, majestic, clean and picturesque North South Highway is kept so clean.

Sorry to say tiny Singapore is no match to this vast and wide country in terms of cleanliness.

The road shoulders of the lenghty NS Highway (PLUS) is void of rubbish thrown out from cars.

Stop at any traffic lights junction in tiny Singapore and look at the right side. You will find discarded cans of drinks, beer, stout, rubbish and even soiled baby pampers among the bushes.

The long journey on the NS Highway is usually a very breezy one. Their tolls are cheap too. Their road taxes are low, petrol reasonably prized (off course no comparison with Indonesia where every citizen buys petrol and diesel at 4500 rupiahs (about 70 Singapore cents a litre).

Most importantly their toilets are spick and span and every cubicle is fitted with a tap and plastic hose. Gang of workers go about cleaning the toilets continuously. These loos are provided free of charge for all people using the highway.

Compare this with tiny Singapore where the toilets stinks to the highest heavens, is littered with tissues, more often then not has messy toilet bowls with the disgusting sight of human waste floagting in it or even staining the sides. Very seldom do we find taps within cubicles. Forget about rolls of tissue paper.

The workers deployed along the Highway (including the staff manning the booths) at all the exits are very friendly and always has a smile on their faces.

On our highways you have authoritative policemen, LTA marshalls and unfriendly staff at EMAS.

The hawker centres at the resting areas on the Malaysian Highways are clean and well-maintained. The food sold is also very reasonably-priced.

Compare this with our hawker centres where you have cats, rats, cockroaches, lizards, mynah birds, crows and other vermins. The old folks seated outside collecting 10 cents for a pee and 20 cents for the "big-job" (not including the additional prize for tissue paper) seldom clean the inside. They just keep listening to the blaring and boring Singapore radio stations where the DJs speak like "ang-mors". The users obediently pay the 10 cts or 20 cts and make use of a filthy urinals and cubicles. More often then not the electronic gadgets that are supposed to flush the bowl fail to work.

Even if expansive Malaysia is considered "poor" than Singapore, you will never find beggars at the rest areas or hawker-centres.

In Singapore, we have hordes of well-dressed aunties holding "supposedly blind" people walking from table to table "selling tissue papers". They then leave the scene in expensive cars. Moden day begging ala Singapore-style.

The police in Malaysia provide assistance to Singaporeans experiencing problems, despite being labelled as "corrupt".

Here the police have forgotten their basic responsibilities towards the Singapore people. Their current priorities are all wrong. I do not wish to elaborate but everyone knows what I mean.

Our dollar may be high and their ringgit low, our 3-room "apartments" are so expensive and their bungalows so reasonably prized.

Our homes are for 99 years, whereas theirs are free-hold.

Their scenery and natural resorts offer majestic sights, whereas ours are all man-made and carry entrance fees that are truly exorbitant.

Our food prices compared to them is also high.

At the end of the day, Malaysia is a better destination. It's truly Asia, affordable, has a British legal system in place and Courts with experience judges. It will become even better if the Pakatan government can come into power. Penang with Lim Guan Eng at the helm is a good example.

Nothing Unique about Singapore besides COE, ERP, expensive cars, homes, stagnated salaries and constant stress.

In conclusion, I envy the Malaysians for all that they have compared to us in this tiny congested city state of nearly 6 million people.

Hope this will erase the "mystery" about Johore and the whole of Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak included)

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
That seems a little over praising Malaysia... but at least you bring up the good side of our neighbours up north... it goes without saying there will be 20 replies to your post and they will all talk about the crime rate and corruption in MY

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That seems a little over praising Malaysia... but at least you bring up the good side of our neighbours up north... it goes without saying there will be 20 replies to your post and they will all talk about the crime rate and corruption in MY

Sir;
Thank you for your kind and frank comments.

Crime is prevalent in every nation and among every society.

Singapore too has its fair share of crime.

Some crime is not reported and this proves true the slogan of the Singapore Police, "That Low Crime Does Not Mean No Crime"

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry to say tiny Singapore is no match to this vast and wide country in terms of cleanliness.

Whilst you wax lyrical on Malaysia, there are plenty of warts that you are blind to. I do agree that there are a lot of good things about Malaysia as a whole, but we should also look at some of the bad side.

Stop at any traffic lights junction in tiny Singapore and look at the right side. You will find discarded cans of drinks, beer, stout, rubbish and even soiled baby pampers among the bushes.

I don't know where you saw this but it is not true. Witnessing one instance does not mean it is the case everywhere.

The long journey on the NS Highway is usually a very breezy one. Their tolls are cheap too.

Cheap for Singaporeans but not for Malaysians. Don't forget the corrupt traffic policemen, the Mat Rempits and kopi licence drivers that abound.

Most importantly their toilets are spick and span and every cubicle is fitted with a tap and plastic hose. Gang of workers go about cleaning the toilets continuously. These loos are provided free of charge for all people using the highway.

Agree with you but not in the towns. Go to Indonesia, the toilets there are practically clean everywhere you go.

The workers deployed along the Highway (including the staff manning the booths) at all the exits are very friendly and always has a smile on their faces.

Try telling them you have no change and whether you can pay in Sing Dollars. See the smirk on their faces when they tell you the rate is 1=1.:biggrin:

The hawker centres at the resting areas on the Malaysian Highways are clean and well-maintained. The food sold is also very reasonably-priced.

Compare this with our hawker centres where you have cats, rats, cockroaches, lizards, mynah birds, crows and other vermins.

Again cheap is relative. Not much variety as most sell Maggi Mee. They are easy to maintain as there are not many customers. Plus they don't sell food at night.

Even if expansive Malaysia is considered "poor" than Singapore, you will never find beggars at the rest areas or hawker-centres.

You talking about their highways? You will find them in major towns.

The police in Malaysia provide assistance to Singaporeans experiencing problems, despite being labelled as "corrupt".

I don't know that much as I seldom need their assistance. I know they are corrupt and that is good enough for me to avoid them. Singapore police are also helpful.

Our dollar may be high and their ringgit low, our 3-room "apartments" are so expensive and their bungalows so reasonably prized.

Our homes are for 99 years, whereas theirs are free-hold.

Their scenery and natural resorts offer majestic sights, whereas ours are all man-made and carry entrance fees that are truly exorbitant.

Our food prices compared to them is also high.

As earlier mentioned, prices are cheaper in Malaysia for Singaporeans.

Hope this will erase the "mystery" about Johore and the whole of Malaysia (Sabah and Sarawak included)

Bro, In Sabah certain areas are dangerous places even for locals. Both these States are badly develop and the Elites are robbing them blind. I pity these 2 States as they the largest contributors to the Malaysian economy.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KohLianTye Ah Hia

I know u meant well.

But plse dont overpraise MY. Cos i dont wish to see so many typical kia su and kia si sporeans coming to JB or Msia.

I have enough of this typical kia si and how lian sinkies whot come to MY to shop or RR and always brag CHEAP HERE CHEAP TERE. Now all things aint cheap no more at JB.

As reported in ST today on the strength of S$... as it pose to rise even further against M$,...boy or boy...i forsee more sinkies coming over JB/Msia and spoilt mkt.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KohLianTye Ah Hia

I know u meant well.

But plse dont overpraise MY. Cos i dont wish to see so many typical kia su and kia si sporeans coming to JB or Msia.

No doubt there are many things about Malaysia but our friend is looking through rose-tinted glasses. I hope he has decided to live there if he truly believe what he wrote.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No doubt there are many things about Malaysia but our friend is looking through rose-tinted glasses. I hope he has decided to live there if he truly believe what he wrote.

Alot of my Chinese msian frdss. All praise Spore sky high. But when i asked them to migrate here, i will get the usual answer. I think u know wats their usual answers..

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Alot of my Chinese msian frdss. All praise Spore sky high. But when i asked them to migrate here, i will get the usual answer. I think u know wats their usual answers..

For Malaysians to migrate here, it is not easy as they will need a job that can maintain their lifestyle as the cost of living is very high. Many however are working here as PR's although few would want to become citizens. There is also a high number of Singareans married to Malaysians, and theyhave the best of both worlds.

It is easier for Singaporeans but most will opt for Johor and not many will want to move to the other states.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
A sinkie car already cost more than half the price of a decent house in KL, and a three room flat is more ex than KL house.

Those buying holiday home in JB are in for long term disappointment. Matland is famous for build and forget. And when most of houses in neighborhood are empty most of the time, everything will deteriorate fast because no one to spot the problems and maintain. Thieves will love it when they figured out the easy picks.