• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the everlasting mystery of johor

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Malaysians to migrate here, it is not easy as they will need a job that can maintain their lifestyle as the cost of living is very high. Many however are working here as PR's although few would want to become citizens. There is also a high number of Singareans married to Malaysians, and theyhave the best of both worlds.

It is easier for Singaporeans but most will opt for Johor and not many will want to move to the other states.

Yes. Agree on ur observation. But sometimes humans are selfish. They want to have the cake and oso want to eat the whole as well. Mana boleh?

As for singaporeans, esp those who already have a stake in JB or Msia, they should be thankful for being able to own a freehold landed property. But again like i had mentioned. Humans are never satisfied. They will still complain when in MY. The noise lah. Crimes lah. Sigh.....

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those buying holiday home in JB are in for long term disappointment. Matland is famous for build and forget. And when most of houses in neighborhood are empty most of the time, everything will deteriorate fast because no one to spot the problems and maintain. Thieves will love it when they figured out the easy picks.

Get a G&G house.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best reason to go north is not just about the money. It's about the space! Have to share the same air with another 5 million in a 700 sq km island. Even driving or take public transport also so stressful, sooner or later sure Kee Siao one!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best reason to go north is not just about the money. It's about the space! Have to share the same air with another 5 million in a 700 sq km island. Even driving or take public transport also so stressful, sooner or later sure Kee Siao one!

In the train, packed like sardines. Push here and tere. Staring incident oso have. Very unpleasant journey.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
A sinkie car already cost more than half the price of a decent house in KL, and a three room flat is more ex than KL house.

Those buying holiday home in JB are in for long term disappointment. Matland is famous for build and forget. And when most of houses in neighborhood are empty most of the time, everything will deteriorate fast because no one to spot the problems and maintain. Thieves will love it when they figured out the easy picks.

Looking at your post i can tell you are clueless about MY. "KL" itself has many different locations and the price of a same size house can range from MY500k to MY3m - very similar for JB. Build and forget - i am sure you can quote some examples... at the same time you are blind or totally ignorant to the many new developments fully occupied in the Nusajaya area. Like LeeTarBah... even if one were to show you the pictures of the nice living environment, you will point out that "the houses look empty". I presume you were expecting old young men and women hanging around outside the house under the hot sun - like the scene in Queenstown when Kate & William came to visit :biggrin:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My dear Jubilee1919,

I respect your views and counter arguments to my points. I am just giving my views on a personal basis.

Sorry I cannot reply to all the points that you posted as singlar ones as I am NOT Au-Fait with the computer and do not want to earn the wrath of our Boss Sam for quoting chunks of paragraphs. I am still learning the PC but the pace is slow. Do forgive me for that. At our age such high-tech programmes are a little hard to comprehend.

If you are a driver, you are bound to see the rubbish strewqn at the sides of our roads and exits from highways. Probably you may have not noticed it. A good example is the beach at Changi. Go there tomorrow morning and you will notice what I meant in terms of cleanliness.

Those that are of age (every one will one day be in this similar position) knows how difficult life is here in tiny Singapore where everyone has to fend for themselves even those that are weak, sick and mentally deranged.

Monthly payments of bills, late payment punishments, the occassional summons from the contractors of HDB car-parks and many more issues affecting many people is something NOT prevalent in Malaysia. Life is so stressful here as compared to those living up north.

Malaysia has lots of immigrants from Indonesia in Peninsular as well as in Sabah and Sarawak. Many are Indons and Fillipinos. However the difference is that these people are ILLEGALS as compared to those legal ones present here from India and China and elsewhere. Many of these people do not possess skills but are granted PR and citizenship liberally. If only Malaysia could have been that kind and liberal like Singapore, many of us would have preferred to migrate there for a care-free and laid-back life-style. I fail to understand why the Malaysian government reserves that vast nation only for their true-blue Malaysians and have strict policies against new migrants. The same apply to Indonesia.

I am making this comparison as regards less stressful life-style and cleanliness up north vis-a-vis Singapore as I wonder how they can do it and we in Singapore cannot inspite of all the laws and campaigns here.

Are Singaporeans showing their defiance?

Those that do so knows the reasons for themselves.

Thank you

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dunno how come Internet savvy and well travelled sinkies still machiam frogs in well....
Pap brainwash indeed very power.
Or pap make them very contented happy living life stuck inside pigeonhole pretend its Swiss standard.
Singapore good Malaysia bad.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at your post i can tell you are clueless about MY. "KL" itself has many different locations and the price of a same size house can range from MY500k to MY3m - very similar for JB. Build and forget - i am sure you can quote some examples... at the same time you are blind or totally ignorant to the many new developments fully occupied in the Nusajaya area. Like LeeTarBah... even if one were to show you the pictures of the nice living environment, you will point out that "the houses look empty". I presume you were expecting old young men and women hanging around outside the house under the hot sun - like the scene in Queenstown when Kate & William came to visit :biggrin:
Time will tell if the houses in iskandar will be well maintained and vibrant as you claimed. Take note that many of these houses are sold to sinkies who still live in their homes on this little island. Will they eventually move to Johor permanently?

Many of these sinkies are buying a big landed house in JB for the novelty effect. I bet that once the novelty effect wears off, many of them will start to realize the true costs and effort needed to maintain a big landed house. Roof leaks, termites, rats, snakes, weeds, mosquitoes, break ins etc. even the exterior paintwork also need to coordinate. Sinkies are not used to all these problems, having lived in apartments all their lives. The built quality may also be problematic. Did the developer use weather and mold resistant exterior paint? Is there proper termite treatment of the soil? Are the electrical wirings used of good quality?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My dear Jubilee1919,

I respect your views and counter arguments to my points. I am just giving my views on a personal basis.

Thank you

I have a fondness for Malaysia, having spent many wonderful holidays with my Malaysian friends there. If my circumstances are different, I don't mind living there as I feel very much at home.

Any Singaporean who have those sentiments like you will readily migrate and many has done so.

I am just pointing out that there is the beautiful Malaysia and there is also the ugly side.

RubbishMalaysia.jpg

http://dinmerican.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/45229/

RCI on Project IC could implicate both Mahathir and Anwar

While all eyes are set on former Premier Mahathir Mohamad for his role in the alleged illegal granting of citizenship to immigrants in Sabah for votes – dubbed ‘Project IC’ – Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim may find himself on the same firing line.

Note: They have also given ICs to illegal immigrants in Peninsula Malaysia and Sarawak too to boost the population of Muslims.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am just pointing out that there is the beautiful Malaysia and there is also the ugly side.

I fully agree with you. That picture tells a thousand words.

Hopefully the new government will introduce new policies that is fair to all.

Penang is changing rapidly as can be seen.

Hope a day will come when every Malaysia will be treated at par.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays, the developers make houses in Malaysia for foreigners. in iskander (JB) for singkies, in Penang, hongkies, singkies and Taiwanese, in KL, Koreans, Arabs .

Malaysians will have to live in tents soon.

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, In Sabah certain areas are dangerous places even for locals. Both these States are badly develop and the Elites are robbing them blind. I pity these 2 States as they the largest contributors to the Malaysian economy.[/QUOTE]

bro, ever been to Sabah? The waters there are crystal clear. But they suffer some power shortage. Once they sorted that out ( two new gas powered stations nearing completion), guys like shell and Exxon Mobil will regret investing in Singapore.
The present crime rate will be sorted out as they have abundance of labour. Dirt cheap labour. Damn chinks in Sabah pay the illegals only RM400 a month to work in the fields and farms. So they take it on them by crime. But intel, AMD, apple or anyone can invest in Sabah and will not regret it. It's only 2 hours by flight to either hong kong or Singapore. And it's a perfect place for a hub for flights between china and Australia.sabah kk airport, when completed, can accommodate A380.
So watch out. The whole region between Miri and Kota Kinabalu will boom like crazy.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, In Sabah certain areas are dangerous places even for locals. Both these States are badly develop and the Elites are robbing them blind. I pity these 2 States as they the largest contributors to the Malaysian economy.

bro, ever been to Sabah? The waters there are crystal clear. But they suffer some power shortage. Once they sorted that out ( two new gas powered stations nearing completion), guys like shell and Exxon Mobil will regret investing in Singapore.
The present crime rate will be sorted out as they have abundance of labour. Dirt cheap labour. Damn chinks in Sabah pay the illegals only RM400 a month to work in the fields and farms. So they take it on them by crime. But intel, AMD, apple or anyone can invest in Sabah and will not regret it. It's only 2 hours by flight to either hong kong or Singapore. And it's a perfect place for a hub for flights between china and Australia.sabah kk airport, when completed, can accommodate A380.
So watch out. The whole region between Miri and Kota Kinabalu will boom like crazy.[/QUOTE]

miri is a place that's quite similar to sgp geylang.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I fully agree with you. That picture tells a thousand words.

Hopefully the new government will introduce new policies that is fair to all.

Penang is changing rapidly as can be seen.

Hope a day will come when every Malaysia will be treated at par.

Bro, here is more that tells a sorrier state of affairs and the constant floods occurring in Malaysia.

Public urged to refrain from throwing rubbish into drains and rivers
Reports by FAIK ZOLKEPLI, WINNIE YEOH, HAN KAR KAY and NIGEL EDGAR

photo320121214074721.jpg

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/12/14/nation/12460618&sec=nation

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
why does sgp gov go so far in china to invest when they could just build up JB into another mini-singapore?
chi
surely this would benefit both sides of the causeway, tio bo?

charity begins at home and JB is the nearest to home.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
why does sgp gov go so far in china to invest when they could just build up JB into another mini-singapore?
chi

Lky look up to china and look down on neighboring countries. Besides, lky and Dr M are from extreme end of their racial sphere. Dr m tried to block Malaysian goods through Singapore and LKY turned Singapore into a Chinese safe haven in south east Asia.

Today, Malaysia is desperate for foreign investment. Even if it is from Singapore..

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freehold S$3xxk for a 2 storey landed house in the heart of the Nusajaya, Malaysia.

Do call me for exclusive presentation. +65-91063356.. Open for sale soon!!!!

here's a lobang for you guys . now i dare u to go buy one.

YewCharKuay

Alfrescian
Loyal
chi

they did. remember the concept of golden triangle - sg - jb and batam - when we started transferring out factories over?

the concept didn't take off. lots of problem instead.

that was way back in the 1990's