• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

the everlasting mystery of johor

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
After reading all these exchanges i conclude LTB is a hopeless case. He is the classic example of balless Sinkies who does not dare to step out of his turtle shell but would rather stay within and complain about having too little space in the egg shell - the type of Sinkies Tonychat refers to. No matter what you tell him, no matter how many millions Sinkies visit Matland every year, LTB will tell you the moment you step into JB you will return without your pants... tsk tsk tsk... stay in your pigeonhole ze best my friend!

may i suggest u try other braver places to prove your courageous lamness. if u ever go cambodia, vietnam, myanmar or such cuntries. when they, ya they the authorities like the customs, police, or even a little army boy were to ask u to pay some money to get pass them,prove your courageous lameness and try not paying. try also to argue some kind of "righteousness" into them. and hopefully, that would be the last time we shall be hearing from you again :p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah, Mr LTB. How much can coffee money cost u? In ringgit, of course. And how many times one witness such unpleasant scenario? But end of the day I got so much "freedom". And i $ave...really mean $ave alot as far as co$t of living is concerned. Dont believe? Ask those thousands of sinkies, who keep complaining JB/Msia a very dangerous place to stay/shop...and yet we see familiar faces, hear familiar voices..in hotels, shopping malls, etc.. Hmm.....

u haven't met one doesn't mean u wouldn't meet unless u stop driving into JB.

i m just trying to teach everyone to acty smart when in their cuntry. it's not singapore where every damn thing go by the law. wise up. stay alive and happy to enjoy the trip. so part a little of your money to corruption there.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been to Vietnam several times and Cambodia once, never had go pay anyone off or felt remotely threatened. Actually felt safer than some parts of China.

Once I brought my Canadian friend to Ho Chi Minh City (Sai Gon), we forgot to change Dong and went for a massage, the friendly owner even offered to drive us to the ATM, but in the end he agreed to take SGD currency for payment.

When was the last time you flew out of the country?

may i suggest u try other braver places to prove your courageous lamness. if u ever go cambodia, vietnam, myanmar or such cuntries. when they, ya they the authorities like the customs, police, or even a little army boy were to ask u to pay some money to get pass them,prove your courageous lameness and try not paying. try also to argue some kind of "righteousness" into them. and hopefully, that would be the last time we shall be hearing from you again :p

Last edited:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Been to Vietnam several times and Cambodia once, never had go pay anyone off or felt remotely threatened. Actually felt safer than some parts of China.

I agree with you as I have knowledge about these too.

The officers deployed at entry points of all countries where corruption exists have responsibilities and are afraid of being caught in unpleasant situations, especially issues connected with complaints over demands for money.

The reason is that these officers are afraid that if someone make a complaint against them for their "unreasonable demands", there is bound to be some sort of internal investigation conducted by their departmental head. This will expose these officers to unneccessary queries and may result in them being transferred out to other remote provinces or areas in their large country.

If such a thing happen they will loose the "fringe benefits" that they enjoy at airports, etc.. These "fringe benefits" can be in the form of passive income or gifts gotten from businessmen who use the airport dailly to bring in or take out certain types of goods that may be taxable or prohibited, respectively. More often then not, these businessmen would offer money or gifts on a monthly or "as and when basis" to the customs, police or some other officials so as to be able to get away without hassles.

That is why officers at such entry points do not trouble tourists, as to "cross the boundaries" may put them in difficult positions and in danger of loosing their comfortable positions.

I got this input from a Customs Officer friend attached to the Provincial capital of a 3rd World country. He makes more then enough from such "illicit" deals and will never ever want to get into any form of trouble that may be disadvantageous to him and his "survival"

In Malaysia it is the same too. The officers attached to the land crossings will never want to be caught in unpleasant situations.

Why kill the goose that lay the golden egg?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
my indian chiefy pal did. i was just as surprised and shocked when he showed me little gadgetry.

Well, anyone can do such things even carry bombs, but just don't get caught and your friend is an idiot for doing so. As though Johor is a cowboy border town that is akin to a gangsters' haven, you are advising everyone to do the same. If that is the case the Johor will not enjoy the 14.1 million visits per annum from Singapore. How many parangs can you imagined are carried by these visitors across the border?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Once I brought my Canadian friend to Ho Chi Minh City (Sai Gon), we forgot to change Dong and went for a massage, the friendly owner even offered to drive us to the ATM, but in the end he agreed to take SGD currency for payment.

those places mostly do not want dong, their own money. they prefer US$.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, anyone can do such things even carry bombs, but just don't get caught and your friend is an idiot for doing so. As though Johor is a cowboy border town that is akin to a gangsters' haven, you are advising everyone to do the same. If that is the case the Johor will not enjoy the 14.1 million visits per annum from Singapore. How many parangs can you imagined are carried by these visitors across the border?

in the car boot, even a tyre jack is a dangerous weapon.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in the car boot, even a tyre jack is a dangerous weapon.

Yeah and even your fist. So what are you implying and what are you trying to prove? Why don't you take a jack and show the police what you have in your car and then show him a parang? See what will be his reaction?

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah and even your fist. So what are you implying and what are you trying to prove? Why don't you take a jack and show the police what you have in your car and then show him a parang? See what will be his reaction?

would u believe my li'l brother leetahsar sometime carries a a big chopper with him in a bigger carrier bag? he had met a crazy forummer who carried with him a very fierce sledghammer!