• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai ppl are stupid part 2 ;)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
plus at 6pm, they also play songs their national songs in speakers. all those in mrt and parks need to keep still until the song finish.. kind of like you sing your sinkie national anthem during school and you have to stand still after a malay command.

imagine you jog half way, then you stand still, i dun give a fuck and still jog.

Really ? In mrt too ? I think is BTS and not mrt . Get your facts right :wink: . By the way I didn't know that they do that in park and their BTS . I'm surprise .

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the elites way of controlling the masses. Apart from the laws, they use religion, the head of state, the race and the fervour of national pride to do it. In Singapore if you are an elite it is ok.

Member of Parliament Penny Low has apologised for using her mobile phone during the singing of the national anthem at the National Day Parade at the Marina Bay floating platform on Tuesday.
A YouTube clip as well as television screengrabs showing Low texting on her phone while other Cabinet members around her were standing and singing the national anthem toward the end of the ceremony are quickly spreading online.
Netizens have criticised Low for being disrespectful, as it is common practice for Singaporeans to stand at attention when the national anthem is sung.
Low, MP for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC, told Yahoo! Singapore she wanted to share the "moment of pride" with her residents on Facebook.
"I was so caught up in the wonderful NDP 2011 and felt so proud of being a Singaporean that I wanted to capture that moment of pride at the very tail end of the anthem, to share on Facebook with my residents," she said.
"If in my enthusiasm I offended anyone, please accept my apologies," she said. "NDP is a time to unite, not divide. Majulah Singapura!"

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Agreed that it's the elite way of controlling the mass .
True. After absolute monarchy was abolished in Thailand....the monarchy was sidelined and had no power. Dictators in power revived and boosted the monachy's image to legitimised their rule....the King was a smart man who leveraged on this and carved out his own authority. it has evolved to what we have today.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes in mrt too..... i do get my facts right.
and all govt and related buildings/compound. in the BTS etc you can act blur and not stand still but in cinemas you better stand up when the King's anthem is played.....there were incidents of yaya angmos being beaten up for not doing that......you get no sympathies in thailand for that.

if you think it's stupid then dun go to the cinemas or step into Thailand....there's no escaping the King's presence anywhere in Thailand.....even the fiercest republican and southern muslim terrorist also give face. The new era will only come when the King passes on.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Thais do these because they really love the King!! The King as in the current King Rama 9. In fact, in some homes, you see photo of another King wearing some army uniform, that is Rama 5, King Chulalongkorn. The Thai people love these 2 Kings because, these 2 Kings really did a lot of good things for the nation and the Thai people. Btw, that fellow who compare N Korea Kim and Rama 9, is the big joke!

In fact, the Thai people also love the Crown Princess a lot too. They call her Pretep (Princess Angel)

Please don't use our standard and understanding to measure the Thai people's love for their King (Rama 5 and 9). The photos, standing up during movies etc.. are all out of love and respect, and not going through the motion thingy!

I am quite surprise that Tonychat the Thai fan knows a shit about this too. Guess he is only there for whoring and not to understand the Thai people and culture!!

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True. After absolute monarchy was abolished in Thailand....the monarchy was sidelined and had no power. Dictators in power revived and boosted the monachy's image to legitimised their rule....the King was a smart man who leveraged on this and carved out his own authority. it has evolved to what we have today.

When I got into debate with some Thais living in japan over their king . Most of them will argue that their king help their own ppl in Thai . :wink:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTS usually refers to old line aka Skytrain......MRT refers to the newer line (underground BKK Metro)

Oh you are explaining this to Drifter? He lived in Thailand for 2 years and claimed to know Thailand very well... alamak you bad why expose people's ignorance like that

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Oh you are explaining this to Drifter? He lived in Thailand for 2 years and claimed to know Thailand very well... alamak you bad why expose people's ignorance like that

FYI , I stay in Phuket for 2 years and not bbk . Phuket do not have mrt or bts . Still haven't get over the facts I'm staying in japan and marry a Japanese woman :wink:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Thai people love their king? For education of drifter so that you won't appear so ignorant.

1) “Thai King is known for ‘the developer king’ from how he supports many projects that develop the upcountry, and how he devotes himself to improving Thai people’s life. These have been resulted by the fact that he is respected and praised by every part of Thai society.”

2) His persistence in getting rid of poverty for his people

3) The King drove over 3,000 projects on agriculture especially water resources development and how to sustain the suitable environment for a living.

“In 1950 the young king supported the attempt to fight with the big spread of cholera. Since then, his projects have been improved variously from an urgent assistance to agriculture development. He has supported these projects along with his attempt to increase the production of rice, livestock breeding development, and those projects regarding resources and environment development for example soaked areas development, village’s physicians project, and water resources development. He even invented artificial rain to be used during the long drought season in Thailand.”

4) “Most of Thai societies have obtained benefits from his development, even the minorities in the mountains in the northern part of Thailand. The project of plants substitution for these minorities has had a major effect on Thailand which once was a major heroine production to almost out of it. Meanwhile, many other projects have encouraged these minorities to stop deforestation to do the agriculture.” The report of Rob Cohen stated that His Majesty the King has received many awards because of his projects. The latest award was by Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the UN who has hailed him on the event that, “He has reached his hands to help those poorest and the most fragile in Thai society. He listens to their problems and gives them assistance in order that they can stand on their own… His projects to develop the upcountry are also beneficial to millions of Thai people.”

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So it's also call MRT or underground bbk metro ?
also call blue line....all underground stations......the aboveground stations line built much earlier is call BTS or Skytrain.....similar to our east-west vis-a-vis the purple and circle lines....

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why Thai people love their king? For education of drifter so that you won't appear so ignorant.

1) “Thai King is known for ‘the developer king’ from how he supports many projects that develop the upcountry, and how he devotes himself to improving Thai people’s life. These have been resulted by the fact that he is respected and praised by every part of Thai society.”

2) His persistence in getting rid of poverty for his people

3) The King drove over 3,000 projects on agriculture especially water resources development and how to sustain the suitable environment for a living.
“In 1950 the young king supported the attempt to fight with the big spread of cholera. Since then, his projects have been improved variously from an urgent assistance to agriculture development. He

has supported these projects along with his attempt to increase the production of rice, livestock breeding development, and those projects regarding resources and environment development for example soaked areas development, village’s physicians project, and water resources development. He even invented artificial rain to be used during the long drought season in Thailand.

4) “Most of Thai societies have obtained benefits from his development, even the minorities in the mountains in the northern part of Thailand. The project of plants substitution for these minorities has had a major effect on Thailand which once was a major heroine production to almost out of it. Meanwhile, many other projects have encouraged these minorities to stop deforestation to do the

agriculture.” The report of Rob Cohen stated that His Majesty the King has received many awards because of his projects. The latest award was by Kofi Annan, the Secretary General of the UN who has hailed him on the event that, “He has reached his hands to help those poorest and the most fragile in Thai society. He listens to their problems and gives them assistance in order that they can stand on their own… His projects to develop the upcountry are also beneficial

to millions of Thai people.”

Looks like you eat too much Tom yam and as delusion as those Thais .. If the king really help Thais why is it until now Thai still a third world country and with so many pros around .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
also call blue line....all underground stations......the aboveground stations line built much earlier is call BTS or Skytrain.....similar to our east-west vis-a-vis the purple and circle lines....

Thankyou for your explaination .

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like you eat too much Tom yam and as delusion as those Thais .. If the king really help Thais why is it until now Thai still a third world country and with so many pros around .
Read up a little on Phibul and maybe Seri Thai and you will find the answers to your questions.