• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Dollar is worthless Once Brunei Bankrupt

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear brothers and sisters,

Brunei is bankrupting soon and very soon they will leave SG Dollars pegging.

i am worried of my cpf money.

Brunei’s Economy Running on Empty

While Brunei has announced a development plan – Vision Brunei 2035 – to build other parts of its economy. Thus far there is little to show for it. Rather than focus on efforts to build sectors outside of the oil and gas industry, Brunei has chosen to pump even more oil.

The clock is ticking for Brunei to achieve its planned goal of a “dynamic, sustainable economy” by 2035. According to the BP World Energy Outlook, Brunei’s oil reserves are projected to run out in 22 years. The repercussions will be felt far sooner.

http://thediplomat.com/2016/02/bruneis-economy-running-on-empty/

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brunei a small oil and gas player. About 100k bbls/ day.gas also not so big. Management of oil and gas controlled by shell. Only recently they started localisation. But wrong timing again.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brunei a small oil and gas player. About 100k bbls/ day.gas also not so big. Management of oil and gas controlled by shell. Only recently they started localisation. But wrong timing again.

With the sultan spending his money like toilet paper, and the country being oil based economy, Brunei will head straight for the cliff in the near future. It takes time to diversify the economy and detach it from oil revenue alone. Iran will use oil production as a weapon to hit at Saudi Arabia and USA, and all oil producing countries will suffer for it, including Brunei.

If Iran cannot use military weapons to rule, it will use oil production as a weapon to ruin.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Brunei goes bankrupt, can Singapore buyout the Sultan and take over? Singapore is too small and desperately needs more land to grow. Imagine Singapore with more than 1 city and 8 times more land, that would be great.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So am i safe to say that Thai baht will be much better in the long run..

Hey, Thailand is self-sufficient.. Even malaysia too.. from the fact that they have tons of natural resources.. but i do prefer Thailand..

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the other major ASEAN nations (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, even the Philippines) have a bright future to look forward to. Their cities have an upbeat feeling. Their populations are by far, larger and yes, they have resources, in the case of Indonesia, enough to feed the world. The only thing they are currently lacking is a dependable infrastructure and reliable manpower (this is where Singapore has the advantage, a clear one, especially in spoken English). I don't know how long Singapore will have this advantage. Our children here should be geared and trained to accept working anywhere in the world.

Cheers!

So am i safe to say that Thai baht will be much better in the long run..

Hey, Thailand is self-sufficient.. Even malaysia too.. from the fact that they have tons of natural resources.. .................

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore is nice and all that, but brunei i doubt want chinaman to rule over them. Brunei sultan gets dividend from brunei shell, as he is shareholder. And from that, goes into hotels and properites.
And brunei has opened up its concession to other parties, total, carigali, etc.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All the other major ASEAN nations (Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, even the Philippines) have a bright future to look forward to. Their cities have an upbeat feeling. Their populations are by far, larger and yes, they have resources, in the case of Indonesia, enough to feed the world. The only thing they are currently lacking is a dependable infrastructure and reliable manpower (this is where Singapore has the advantage, a clear one, especially in spoken English). I don't know how long Singapore will have this advantage. Our children here should be geared and trained to accept working anywhere in the world.

Cheers!

Infrastructure and the fluency of the English language will improve overtime... no big deal.. how to have something that you dun have ..like natural resources..

Sinkieland needs an exceptional leader in order to keep sinkieland going.. just look at that fucktard ass low life ball-less shit sinkie loong.. he will destroy sinkieland eventually and stupid people deserve to have their land become worthless and useless.

how much do you pay to buy eggs and vegetables?

The Thai people have chicken to lay their eggs for them and vegetables to eat totally free.. They can barter their produce with others to get what they wanted for life.. or sell their excess produce.. this is called self-sufficiency.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sinkies who always think we're so damn great for example our passport is so powerful, our spoken and written language English is so great, our education is superb etc etc and that the whole world need us especial our neighbors are dumbfucks. Our neighbors don't owe us nothing and least of all don't need us its we who need them, their markets, their resources so Singaporeans please fucking wake up and don't be so full of yourself.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore is nice and all that, but brunei i doubt want chinaman to rule over them. Brunei sultan gets dividend from brunei shell, as he is shareholder. And from that, goes into hotels and properites.
And brunei has opened up its concession to other parties, total, carigali, etc.

fuck u la who says chinamen want to rule them?

You stupid nigger. Also if they cannot help themselves and someone buys them out and they are chinese they should say no?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies who always think we're so damn great for example our passport is so powerful, our spoken and written language English is so great, our education is superb etc etc and that the whole world need us especial our neighbors are dumbfucks. Our neighbors don't owe us nothing and least of all don't need us its we who need them, their markets, their resources so Singaporeans please fucking wake up and don't be so full of yourself.

Exactly... A sinkie's pathetic CPF amount compare to................ a land that grow vegetables forever and chicken to lay eggs and you eat all these free forever..

you see the difference??? who is in a better position...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Economically, in ASEAN, Singapore had an earlier headstart - that's all. Nowhere else is Peesai superior to any other ASEAN country, in any imaginable way. And further to this, Singapore was (and still is) an easier country to govern. No deep-rooted culture or ethnic group claims this island as their, so this has made adopting foreign (and hence more advanced) systems less difficult. However, there are also disadvantages in these inherent traits, which will appear in the longer run. I don't know how long this will last, but for now, better make hay while the sun shines!

Self-sufficiency in the family-farm (small-holdings) method will not be sustainable (economically) in the long-run. They either have to merge, and revise management methods, or the farms will be corporatized, to keep up with competition, and technology.

Cheers!

Infrastructure and the fluency of the English language will improve overtime... no big deal.. how to have something that you dun have ..like natural resources..

Sinkieland needs an exceptional leader in order to keep sinkieland going.. just look at that fucktard ass low life ball-less shit sinkie loong.. he will destroy sinkieland eventually and stupid people deserve to have their land become worthless and useless.

how much do you pay to buy eggs and vegetables?

The Thai people have chicken to lay their eggs for them and vegetables to eat totally free.. They can barter their produce with others to get what they wanted for life.. or sell their excess produce.. this is called self-sufficiency.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Economically, in ASEAN, Singapore had an earlier headstart - that's all. Nowhere else is Peesai superior to any other ASEAN country, in any imaginable way. And further to this, Singapore was (and still is) an easier country to govern. No deep-rooted culture or ethnic group claims this island as their, so this has made adopting foreign (and hence more advanced) systems less difficult. However, there are also disadvantages in these inherent traits, which will appear in the longer run. I don't know how long this will last, but for now, better make hay while the sun shines!

Self-sufficiency in the family-farm (small-holdings) method will not be sustainable (economically) in the long-run. They either have to merge, and revise management methods, or the farms will be corporatized, to keep up with competition, and technology.

Cheers!

I am talking about personal self sufficiency.. And the can last long... Of course as life goes on, there will be tweaks here and there to improve their life even better.. B
In the personal self sufficiency context, the Thais are doing well.. They got land and they grow food on it..like forever. This is so much better than the sinkie cpf.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
With the sultan spending his money like toilet paper, and the country being oil based economy, Brunei will head straight for the cliff in the near future. It takes time to diversify the economy and detach it from oil revenue alone. Iran will use oil production as a weapon to hit at Saudi Arabia and USA, and all oil producing countries will suffer for it, including Brunei.

If Iran cannot use military weapons to rule, it will use oil production as a weapon to ruin.

The sultan of Brunei has made Brunei a full-fledge Islamic country with sharia laws. I am confident that within the next few years, Brunei will rise as a model Islamic state and be fucking rich.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The sultan of Brunei has made Brunei a full-fledge Islamic country with sharia laws. I am confident that within the next few years, Brunei will rise as a model Islamic state and be fucking rich.

We like your jokes but if you're not joking you can go fuck spider

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand is better-off than Peesai economically, they have a large population, resources, and land (lots of it), at the moment, they are the automobile manufacturing hub of South-East Asia. And are making progress in chemicals, IT, etc. Culturally, they have much more to offer than Peesai (which is pathetic in this area). They just have to get pass this period of time that their monarch is aging, and decide what to do next after his passing, this will be a new phase for the Thais.

Again, self-sustaining small holding type farming is old-fashioned and cannot sustain (to feed the enormous populations in megacities) nowadays. Without corporate type farms, how will the agrarian industries be able to cope with supplies to cities such as Bangkok? Tokyo? NYC? London? Shanghai? Millions of eggs, chickens, fish, tons of grain are needed. For farming in Singapore, it is only possible at a hobby level, novelty, eco-ego dudes may dwelve in it, but not on a commercial scale. Simply not possible. I have a few relatives who live on landed property who boast about their green hobbies, like planting and harvesting suga-cane, pandan leaves. I would like to see them raise corn, rice, wheat or even tapioca just to have enough starch to fulfil their own family's carbohydrate needs!!! Or how about aiing chickens to have eggs! No way man! Family of four (small) will require say 10 eggs a day! How? Might need to learn how to make fake eggs from the Ah Tiongs!

Cheers!

I am talking about personal self sufficiency.. And the can last long... Of course as life goes on, there will be tweaks here and there to improve their life even better.. B
In the personal self sufficiency context, the Thais are doing well.. They got land and they grow food on it..like forever. This is so much better than the sinkie cpf.