• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore appointed 2 idiots to lead the task force.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence will be speaking in Malay, Mandarin and English. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

·
We are less than a week away from the National Day Rally! I will be speaking in Malay, Mandarin and English.
Stay tuned on 18 Aug.
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
#NDR2024

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence spent a memorable evening at the National Day Reception. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

12 August at 23:57 ·
Spent a memorable evening at the National Day Reception at the Istana yesterday!
Joined guests from diverse sectors to celebrate our nation’s achievements, and extended my congratulations to all our National Day award recipients. Thank you for your contributions to Singapore’s progress.
Here’s to our nation’s continued success!

jw5

Loyal

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence asks you to watch live. :barefoot::devilish::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

was live.​

·
Watch live: I will be starting the National Day Rally speech in Malay followed by Mandarin at 6:45pm and English at 8pm.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to build a Singapore where we can all realise our dreams! :rolleyes::eek::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

20h ·
Tonight’s #NDR2024 was about charting a new way forward - a refreshed Singapore dream, where everyone can thrive and flourish on our own terms, in ways that are less prescribed and determined, more open and adventurous.
Realising our new ambitions will require a major reset. A reset in our policies, some of which I have explained in my speech. But also a reset in our attitudes and mindsets.
Together let’s build a Singapore where we can all realise our dreams!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
✨

(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photo by Chwee)

455741596_1052901756195303_2383536581864005962_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks you. :biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

·
Thank you for tuning in to the National Day Rally. Here are some highlights from my speech, and the experiences that shaped who I am today.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence looks forward to continuing the close partnership with the Malay/Muslim community. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

·
In my NDR speech in Malay, I highlighted my recent lunch engagement with young Malay/Muslims who have done well in their respective fields. This video highlights three such individuals (Dr Ashraf Yusoff; as well as Nabillah Jalal and Guy Ghazali whom I mentioned in my speech).
I look forward to continuing the close partnership with the Malay/Muslim community, and working with you to realise our shared vision for the community and for Singapore!
Dalam ucapan Rapat Umum Hari Kebangsaan saya, saya berkongsi tentang pertemuan saya dengan anak-anak muda Melayu/Islam yang berjaya di dalam bidang masing-masing. Video ini menampilkan tiga individu tersebut. Saya berharap dapat terus bekerjasama dengan masyarakat Melayu/Islam untuk mencapai visi Masyarakat Gemilang.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence and his team will continue to engage widely. :rolleyes::eek::roflmao:

Lawrence Wong

·
Following the #NDR2024 last week, I had a press conference today to address any queries on what we have announced so far, and also to share my thinking on upcoming initiatives. My team and I will continue to engage widely. We are committed to listen to you; hear firsthand your concerns, hopes and dreams; and build a stronger, more meaningful connection with every Singaporean.
#ForwardSG
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photo by Terence Tan)
May be an image of 11 people and people studying

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence will support you. :rolleyes::eek::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

·
To our youths: we will support you in chasing your rainbow, and raising your fullest potential, and cheer you on every step of the way.
You can do something too for your fellow citizens and our nation. Contribute to causes you care about and take steps to shape the society you want to see.
There are many ways to contribute, such as through the youth panels by National Youth Council Singapore on financial security, jobs, sustainability and tech. And there will be many more opportunities and platforms to make a difference. So let's come together and shape a better Singapore!
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photos by Lim Sin Thai)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence welcomed Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman and Indian Ministers Dr S. Jaishankar, Piyush Goyal, Ashwini Vaishnaw to Singapore. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

·
Welcomed Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman and Indian Ministers Dr S. Jaishankar, Piyush Goyal, Ashwini Vaishnaw to Singapore for the India-Singapore Ministerial Roundtable (ISMR) today.
The ISMR is an important platform to strengthen bilateral cooperation between our two countries. I had led the Singapore delegation for the first ISMR in New Delhi in 2022. DPM Gan Kim Yong has since taken over from me and brought in other ministers to meet with their Indian counterparts for this 2nd ISMR, which Singapore is hosting.
I am glad that progress has been made on several fronts since our last meeting. And new ideas for cooperation are being pursued, including in advanced manufacturing and connectivity.
These initiatives will pave the way for closer strategic cooperation and partnership between India and Singapore. I wish the ministers fruitful discussions at the second ISMR!
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photo by Ngau Kai Yan)
May be an image of 8 people and dais

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence has good news. :tongue:

Lawrence Wong

·
Good news for Limbang and Yew Tee residents! We have just launched the new 11km Choa Chu Kang-Yew Tee cycling path network. The network connects to more amenities, and features over 300 new bicycle parking lots. It will make cycling in the estate more convenient and safer for all. Do explore and enjoy your ride!
1f6b2.png
1f331.png

Our Limbang
(
1f4f8.png
: Photo by Ministry of Transport, Singapore)

457181828_1058007552351390_5602834262596299622_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence visited the BMT centre at Pulau Tekong. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

is with Zaqy Mohamad and Ng Eng Hen.​

·
Not my usual commute to the office this morning. Instead, I visited the BMT centre at Pulau Tekong, together with my colleagues Minister Ng Eng Hen and SMS Zaqy Mohamad! It has been some time since my last visit. I wanted to get an update on BMT/NS training, and to engage our soldiers firsthand.
We enjoy peace and security in Singapore because of a strong and effective SAF and Home Team. The backbone of our defence and security is national service. Generations of Singaporeans have answered the call of duty, and every generation must continue to do so.
To the recruits of Raven, Mohawk, Scorpion companies— thank you for joining me and all the best for your graduation in two weeks’ time!
Ministry of Defence, Singapore (MINDEF)
The Singapore Army
Basic Military Training Centre
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photos by [1, 2, 5] Fyrol, [3 & 4] Lim Sin Thai)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was happy to welcome Indonesian Investment Minister Rosan Roeslani to Singapore. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

·
Happy to welcome Indonesian Investment Minister Rosan Roeslani to Singapore. This is his first visit here in his official capacity.
We discussed new areas of cooperation such as renewable energy and carbon capture. He shared Indonesia's plans to advance its economy to the next level. Singapore is happy to be part of this journey, not only as an investor, but also as a friend, partner and neighbour.
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photo by Betty Chua)

457379845_1058653845620094_5592511019438923486_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence will be cheering Team Singapore. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

4h ·
Today marks the start of the Paris 2024 Paralympic Games! We’re proud to have 10 Team Singapore para-athletes representing Singapore across six sports, including Boccia, Equestrian, and Para-Swimming.
To our Paralympians, your courage, determination and spirit inspire us all. We’re cheering you on every step of the way. Let’s go, Team Singapore!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
1f31f.png

(
1f4f8.png
: Photo by SportSG / Eng Chin An)

457580971_1059910708827741_5343921895666629751_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence congratulates Yip Pin Xiu. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

·
Congratulations Yip Pin Xiu on winning gold in the Women’s 100m Backstroke S2 final! This is also her third consecutive gold medal in the same event since 2016 - a truly remarkable achievement!
Pin Xiu’s success is not just a personal triumph. It’s a celebration for all of Singapore.
Thank you Pin Xiu for flying our flag high and for being a shining example of what it means to push the limits and never give up!
Team Singapore Paralympic Games
(
1f4f8.png
: Photo by SportSG / Eng Chin An)

457640184_1060300348788777_2962042029810699191_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks teachers and allied educators. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

6h ·
This Teachers’ Day, let's celebrate the dedication of our teachers and allied educators - thank you for inspiring and nurturing the minds of our future generations.
As we approach the term break, I hope all educators and students take time to recharge, rest up, and come back strong to finish the year on a high note.
1f31f.png

(
1f4f8.png
: Photo from Kranji Primary School)

457506684_1060413465444132_8980963145239980148_n.jpg