• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore appointed 2 idiots to lead the task force.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence hopes for 50 more years of Singapore-Laos cooperation. :thumbsup:

Lawrence Wong

·
At first glance, Laos and Singapore seem very different. For example, they have a huge land area of 236,800 km² compared to our little red dot.
But we have similar population sizes, and we face similar challenges. Laos is land-locked and does not have direct access to sea. Singapore is "sea-locked", and we have to navigate narrow waterways to access shipping and maritime routes.
So we both have to overcome our geographical constraints to access global markets; and we both have shared interests in upholding an open, stable and rules-based global order.
That's why we fully support Laos' ASEAN Chairmanship theme of “Enhancing Connectivity and Resilience”. And we look forward to strengthening our cooperation with Laos in new areas like renewable energy and carbon credits. We will also continue to support Laos in capacity building and human capital development, and help it realise its development goals.
To 50 more years of Singapore-Laos cooperation!
1f942.png

jw5

Loyal
from straitstimes.com:

PM Wong attends West Coast family event in ongoing effort to visit constituencies across country​

2024071335263616ga32409.jpg

Prime Minister Lawrence Wong and Minister for National Development Desmond Lee taking pictures with the public at West Coast Food Centre on July 13. ST PHOTO: GAVIN FOO
ng_wei_kai.png

Ng Wei Kai
UPDATED

JUL 13, 2024, 06:51 PM

FacebookTelegram

SINGAPORE – For Mr Tan Wei Hong, weekend family time is often an extended affair as his tight-knit maternal family of 54 come together from across West Coast, where many of them live.
Twenty-two of them – representing four generations aged between two and 91 – were out in force on the morning of July 13 for PA Family PLAYGround, an event for families held at West Coast Community Centre.
They were among more than 1,000 families who attended the event, many of whom met and snapped pictures with Prime Minister Lawrence Wong.

PM Wong attended the event along with West Coast GRC MPs Desmond Lee, Ang Wei Neng, Rachel Ong and Foo Mee Har, as well as Pioneer MP Patrick Tay.
In June, a month after he was sworn into the top job, PM Wong visited Tampines GRC, where he announced his intention to visit constituencies across the country and to meet as many Singaporeans as he could.
In a speech on July 13, PM Wong said it was good to be back in West Coast GRC, where he served as an MP when he entered politics in 2011.

He was MP for Boon Lay ward from 2011 to 2015.

There is something distinctive about each part of Singapore, and a lot of what makes each area special is the memories residents have with their families and loved ones, he said.
“We want to work with all of you to keep on building a better home for everyone in Singapore. Not just for you, but also for your children and your grandchildren,” he said.
PM Wong added that this is why he will be visiting the Republic’s different districts to engage and listen to citizens’ feedback and ideas – to keep working on this sense of belonging and to continue building a better home for everyone in Singapore in its next bound of nation-building.
He also visited West Coast Food Centre with Mr Lee, who is Minister for National Development, and chatted with diners and hawkers such as Mr Md Zainal, 62, and his brother, sister, wife and sister-in-law, who together own and operate Hani Food Stall.
Mr Zainal, whose stall has been selling nasi lemak and other Malay food at the market 43 years, said he was surprised to see PM Wong.
He said: “I’m happy to see the new PM here in West Coast, and I found him approachable and with a good aura for the job.”

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence enjoyed the morning at West Coast. :biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

·
Enjoyed the morning at West Coast! I had served in the GRC when I first entered politics in 2011; and it’s good to be back and to see many familiar faces amongst the grassroots leaders and residents.
Every part of Singapore is different and the West has its own distinctive charm. A key contributing factor is the people - the strong family ties and networks, and the close bonds between neighbours. That’s what makes our homes truly special!
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photos by Ngau Kai Yan)
Desmond Lee Foo Mee Har Rachel Ong 王心妍 Ang Wei Neng 洪维能 Patrick Tay 郑德源

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to catch you .................................................... in the community soon. :cautious::eek::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

·
West Coast is a place where generations keep their passions and traditions alive, from great-grandparents who are living in the same area as their great-grandchildren, to parents who pass down their hawker legacy, and to families who share their pride in their educational journeys.
These stories underscore the strength of our generational ties and the values that define us.
My listening visits continue to other neighbourhoods. Catch you in the community soon!

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was shocked to hear about the assassination attempt on Mr Donald Trump. :eek::frown::mad:

Lawrence Wong

·
I was shocked to hear about the assassination attempt on Mr Donald Trump. I am relieved to hear reports that he is safe and recovering well. Our thoughts are also with the family of the deceased and those injured and impacted by the senseless attack. We should never resort to violence regardless of any differences of views.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence joined the Huang Clan in celebrating their 100-year journey. :wink::coffee::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

·
Clan associations are part of the bedrock of tradition and community strength in Singapore.
These associations play a pivotal role in promoting Chinese culture, preserving core values, and fostering Singapore's national identity. One such example is the Huang Clan Singapore Association 新加坡黄氏总会
As one of our oldest clan associations, the Huang Clan embodies these principles and even took proactive steps to connect with our younger generation — ensuring our youth group is a vibrant part of the association.
Last night, I joined the Huang Clan in celebrating their 100-year journey. Congratulations and happy centennial anniversary!
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photos by Chwee)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence recently had a dialogue with many students from the universities, polytechnics and ITE. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

·
I recently had a dialogue with many students from the universities, polytechnics and ITE.
Although we couldn’t answer all of the questions during the dialogue session, the organiser has helped to compile some of them so I will answer them here.
Thank you for your questions, and I look forward to having more conversations with you.
1f517.png
Watch the full video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWv7XoCzW8
Institute of Policy Studies - IPS Varsity Voices Singapore Management University Institute of Technical Education, Singapore Nanyang Polytechnic Ngee Ann Polytechnic Republic Polytechnic Singapore Polytechnic Temasek Polytechnic

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence met the President of the United Nations General Assembly (PGA) Dennis Francis. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

·
Met the President of the United Nations General Assembly (PGA) Dennis Francis earlier this morning.
The PGA plays a key role in fostering cooperation on global priorities like sustainable development. We discussed how Singapore and the UN can work together to support developing countries and the Sustainable Development Goals. I reiterated Singapore's commitment to supporting the UN and the rules-based multilateral system, which matters greatly to small states like Singapore.
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photo by Chwee)

451841030_1033818408103638_1176402369219951901_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was saddened by the passing of General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Nguyen Phu Trong. :frown:

Lawrence Wong

·
Saddened by the passing of General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam (CPV) Nguyen Phu Trong.
General Secretary Trong was a close friend of Singapore and his leadership contributed significantly to Vietnam’s rapid economic growth and improvements to the lives of the Vietnamese people. My heartfelt condolences to his family and the people of Vietnam.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wishes everyone Happy Racial Harmony Day! :wink:

Lawrence Wong

·
Regardless of race, language or religion…In Singapore we embrace our diversity of cultures and traditions. It is integral to our shared identity as Singaporeans, and the bonds we have with one another.
Always wonderful to see our little ones celebrating our diverse cultures. Instilling these attitudes and mindsets from young will enable us to move ever more closely to our ideal of one united people.
Happy Racial Harmony Day!
(
1f4f8.png
: Photo by PAP Community Foundation)

452070062_1034870327998446_643116147207090596_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence was saddened to learn of the passing of comrade Mr P Selvadurai. :frown:

Lawrence Wong

·
Saddened to learn of the passing of comrade Mr P Selvadurai. He was amongst the pioneer generation of PAP leaders who had to deal with communist and communalist threats, and helped to lay the foundations for today’s Singapore.
He served in Bukit Panjang and later Kuo Chuan. He had a distinguished legal career, yet he was dedicated in his ground engagements and commitment to his residents. After retiring from politics, he continued to contribute in other areas, including as President of the Singapore Indian Fine Art Society (SIFAS).
I went to his wake on Friday. All those who know him fondly recall his dedication to the public good. He will be missed by many. My condolences to his family.
(
1f4f8.png
: Photo taken from https://www.50faces.sg/en/p-selvadurai)

452011480_1035040874648058_8482643672710134866_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence read more about Mr Rajaratnam - and was struck by his sharp insights, spanning from economics and history, to politics and more. :geek:

Lawrence Wong

·
Mr S Rajaratnam passed away in 2006. I recall then, many young Singaporeans expressed sadness that they did not know our founding leader. I shared the same sentiments. I never had the chance to work with him or other founding leaders, as they had stepped down from office when I started work.
So I read more about Mr Rajaratnam - and was struck by his sharp insights, spanning from economics and history, to politics and more. Each time I read and reread his writings, I was inspired anew.
Irene’s first volume in 2010, on the biography of S Rajaratnam, is one useful guide for those looking to learn more about him. Today, we launched the second volume "The Lion's Roar". The two volumes give us a detailed account of his legacy. And for all of us who belong to the post-independence generation, they provide a vivid sense of the man, and what it was like in our early years of nation building.
It is timely that we are launching the second volume just a few weeks before National Day. Let’s honour his legacy by remembering his words - that a nation creates its own future, any time and all the time; that we can all do our part to move ever closer to that ideal of one united people, regardless of race, language or religion.
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photos by Ngau Kai Yan)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to forge ahead as one united nation, celebrating diversity and resilience. :wink:

Lawrence Wong updated his cover photo.​

·
In unity, our journey knows no bounds — with each other’s support, we are not alone.
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
This year marks Singapore’s 59th National Day. As we celebrate another year of independence, let’s forge ahead as one united nation, celebrating diversity and resilience.
#SG59 #NDP2024 #ForwardSG
NDPeeps
(
1f4f8.png
: MDDI Photo by Terence Tan)

452481724_1036681141150698_3894240327835681971_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to progress forward together. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

·
Singapore is built on the aspirations and dreams of our people.
Through Forward SG, we are opening more pathways for every Singaporean to maximise their potential and turn their aspirations into reality.
I hope these stories of hope, resilience and determination will inspire you. We will progress forward together.
1f4f9.png
Watch the full Forward SG film anthology here: https://go.gov.sg/tgtforbettershortfilms
#ForwardSG #togetherforbetter
gov.sg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence will continue to imagine new possibilities. :cautious::eek::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

·
As Singapore matures, some wonder if we have reached our limits.
I say we are never done building Singapore. We will continue to imagine new possibilities, and make Singapore a better home for all of us.
1f4f9.png
Watch the full video here: