• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam Leong message for everyone

Jade Rabbit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very nice of you to post this message, bro HTOLAS. I hope Leongsam heeds your advice. But I'm getting an uneasy feeling, Leongsam and even Scroobal look like abandoning this forum for good. Since I understand that it's prepaid, it can only go on limbo like this until expiry date and the server host will shut it down.

Abandonment? Probably not. Once things get back to normal they will be back.

youallhumsup

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very nice of you to post this message, bro HTOLAS. I hope Leongsam heeds your advice. But I'm getting an uneasy feeling, Leongsam and even Scroobal look like abandoning this forum for good. Since I understand that it's prepaid, it can only go on limbo like this until expiry date and the server host will shut it down.
Good marketing skills on your part. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
After he gained power, showing his fist became his style.
Pretty sure that clenching fists and talk about knuckledusters in cul-de-sacs are all rhetoric.
When push comes to shove, he will enlist the assistance of the army and police. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Mr Leong,

Many of us have been with you for a while and really appreciate what you have done. I for one recall the day you came forward to shut Mrs Leong up on soc.culture.singapore.

So it is not surprising we are distressed about being unable to post new threads. But you are also right to want to keep the non-political character of the coffee shop forum.

May I suggest this solution? First, open up the Politics forum for posting. This will naturally cause those with a political bend to start posting there. Soon, they'd get use to it. When that is established, reopen this thread for all things weird and wonderful.

Cheers.
Bro HTOLAS

Who is Mrs Leong? :confused:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away was a forum / bulletin site called soc.culture.singapore. Like the current coffee shop, it was a 'place' where people posted things weird and wonderful, including politics.

The whole of 96 was filled with election talk, and scs blossomed. The PAPzsis then had a hit squad online with net 'commandos' like Pok Vik Tor and Nicholas Lazarus to state the PAPzi's stand. Naturally, they got whacked every which way.

Then, quite out of the blue, a 'Mrs Leong Siew May' started posting ultra pro-PAPzi propaganda. 'Mrs Leong' also started threatening anyone who posted nasty rebuttals to her with legal action. She also claimed that her husband was a major in the reserves and had some authority. This went on for much of the later half of 96.

In late 96, the 'husband' whose name was Sam, started posting. Instead of backing LSM up, Sam claimed that he had been embarrassed by his wife's antics online, and was going to 'send her back'. Sam also said that he was only LCP and not a MAJ. And LSM disappeared.

Not long after Sam Leong also started to fade in and out. And there were also technical problems with scs - it initially wasn't browser based. Sam went on to set up fora elsewhere, including the current one.

And except for a brief period in Jam 97, LSM was never heard from again.

Bro HTOLAS

Who is Mrs Leong? :confused:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away was a forum / bulletin site called soc.culture.singapore. Like the current coffee shop, it was a 'place' where people posted things weird and wonderful, including politics.

Thanks for sharing the history. I've heard of soc.culture.singapore but I've never used it. I heard it's used through Outlook Express newsgroup function. My first encounter with internet forumming was CNA.

May I have your permission to cut-and-paste your very good summary of Sammyboy forumming history in the backup forum?

A

Admiral Motti

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away

300px-Opening_crawl.jpg

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing the history. I've heard of soc.culture.singapore but I've never used it. I heard it's used through Outlook Express newsgroup function. My first encounter with internet forumming was CNA.

May I have your permission to cut-and-paste your very good summary of Sammyboy forumming history in the backup forum?

Where you come from ar? Just join few months ago then now so noisy??

hmmmm

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where you come from ar? Just join few months ago then now so noisy??

hmmmm

I'm from CNA forum (under different nick). I came here 6 months ago. You can check.

I'm still posting normally as in the past. I and even you and we may sound noisy because of those disappeared and so few of us left. :(

Last edited:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm from CNA forum (under different nick). I came here 6 months ago. You can check.

I'm still posting normally as in the past. I and even you and we may sound noisy because of those disappeared and so few of us left. :(

Let's all disappear together and join in your plan B .

I am sick of the site already . 10 members login in only. the rest are MIW watching us..

see you guys there . :wink:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sure but check for accuracy first. Memories might have faded.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hope they(sam and scroobal) did not abandon this place. :( then those pap mole succeed in their intention to destroy this forum! :(

this forum is like zion in the matrix and is out of reach of pap. this forum provide a level playing ground for pap supporters and deserter to fight it out and free of fear of prosecution by the pap gov. hope both change their mind and come back.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't mean to snatch Forvendet business but think bros might prefer a forum version.

I made one - http://newsammyboy.forumotions.com/

suggest all bros go to Forvendet or mine, I also very sick and bored of this site now. :(

Sure. This is no business. Just keeping the guys in touch so that we all know we each other is for a good chat of everything under the sun. Actually I'd prefer this Sammyboy forum here, but as days and weeks go by like that, future looks bleaker and bleaker. :(