• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam Leong message for everyone

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because of the serious database corruption, I've decided to upgrade the whole forum with vbulletin4 while repairing the database.

It'll take a couple of days and everything should be back to normal by Sunday.:wink:

Thank you for responding. I think it'd be fair that we should give you till Monday morning. Do it carefully and a good stable one. Don't double crash again like past two weeks.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sam, you certainly sound perturbed. Why don't you let us help? Set up a paypal donation account for us. With additional resources you can manage better.

I believe the forummers here are just anxious because you have been silent. Rule #1 of crisis management is to keep a communications channel open. Let the forum know you are working on the current problem and haven't "abandoned ship".

Money isn't the issue. This site isn't run on a commercial basis so "abandoning" is not an option. http://www.sammyboy.com will always exist in some form or another. :p

I haven't said anything for a couple of days simply because I've had nothing worthwhile saying.

I'm not treating the problem as a "crisis" simply because at the end of the day, this forum is not a commercial entity. It's a non essential community service. If this forum doesn't work, members have plenty of other choices.. eg fuckwarezone, blogs etc where they can discuss issues.

The traffic will drop while the problems persist as nobody wants to use a broken forum but once everything is fixed, members will eventually trickle back simply because they like the fact that there is very little moderation or censorship here.:biggrin:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is it an honest mistake? I don't know. I know it is my mistake for trying to save money. Call it what you will.

The vbulletin expert I've hired to fix the problem tells me that everything is salvageable. All I can do is wait till the fix is complete before I can tell whether everything is back to normal.

If something ain't broke, why fix it?

In your attempt to "save money" (as u claim), you have incurred more cost.

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it an honest mistake? I don't know. I know it is my mistake for trying to save money. Call it what you will.

The vbulletin expert I've hired to fix the problem tells me that everything is salvageable. All I can do is wait till the fix is complete before I can tell whether everything is back to normal.

Sam,

We know you have been trying your best to fix the problem. Hope that the person you hired can get the forum up and running without anymore hiccups on Monday. :smile:

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yalah yalah...trying to sound non-chalant about it. We get the idea lah. :rolleyes:

Who can upz me points now b4 normal services resume by Sunday? I will reciprocate! :wink:

Edit: Wah piang...now I on 497 points...upz >150 points...jin power siah! Thank you to whoever upz me! :smile:

Money isn't the issue. This site isn't run on a commercial basis so "abandoning" is not an option. http://www.sammyboy.com will always exist in some form or another. :p

I haven't said anything for a couple of days simply because I've had nothing worthwhile saying.

I'm not treating the problem as a "crisis" simply because at the end of the day, this forum is not a commercial entity. It's a non essential community service. If this forum doesn't work, members have plenty of other choices.. eg fuckwarezone, blogs etc where they can discuss issues.

The traffic will drop while the problems persist as nobody wants to use a broken forum but once everything is fixed, members will eventually trickle back simply because they like the fact that there is very little moderation or censorship here.:biggrin:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
It'll take a couple of days and everything should be back to normal by Sunday.:wink:

hahaha....Sunday is just a day, it does not mean this coming Sunday (20/3/2011) or next Sunday (27/3/2011) or next next Sunday (3/4/2011) or................

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Yalah yalah...trying to sound non-chalant about it. We get the idea lah. :rolleyes:

I didn't intend to sound nonchalant. I have been working to fix the problem. All I'm trying to convey is the message that the problems need to be viewed in the right perspective.

Nobody is losing anything as a result of the forum problems except the banner advertiser whom I will compensate accordingly.

The rest of the members here have loads of choices if they want to hang out in cyberspace.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If something ain't broke, why fix it?

In your attempt to "save money" (as u claim), you have incurred more cost.

The server move wasn't at my request. It was a result of hostican being swallowed up by a bigger company.

I have never changed servers or hosts when everything is running well.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
arh...Mr leong..finally u speak....dun be like Tokyo Electric Company..no sound no picture...:biggrin:

aiyah..ok ok, so we noe you are trying hard to contain the nuclear crisis...but hor..please let us know mah...

like what you have done today...update us here will do good even if back end...nothing is solved for the moment.

ok ok...appreciate ... look forward to Sun...kum sia

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....Sunday is just a day, it does not mean this coming Sunday (20/3/2011) or next Sunday (27/3/2011) or next next Sunday (3/4/2011) or................

whetehr dis sun or next sun so wat? u also will be busy porlumpar ur pappy master rightr? or else u be busy re-reading ur ah gong book since u boughrt several copies at one go.. :rolleyes::oIo: KNNBPCB PAPPY RUNNING DOG MOLE!

images

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
whetehr dis sun or next sun so wat? u also will be busy porlumpar ur pappy master rightr? or else u be busy re-reading ur ah gong book since u boughrt several copies at one go.. :rolleyes::oIo: KNNBPCB PAPPY RUNNING DOG MOLE!

images

knnbccb to you.
you fucking dog like to smell my fart.
i got no patience for idiots like u.
since i cannot ignore u now......i quit the fucking forum.
no point going down to your level........Phui...:oIo::oIo::oIo:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
knnbccb to you.
you fucking dog like to smell my fart.
i got no patience for idiots like u.
since i cannot ignore u now......i quit the fucking forum.
no point going down to your level........Phui...:oIo::oIo::oIo:

relek lah... kukubird... this busno64 just got disturbed by ah nehs...

lai lai lai... lim kopi ... :biggrin: