• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sam Leong message for everyone

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sam, you certainly sound perturbed. Why don't you let us help? Set up a paypal donation account for us. With additional resources you can manage better.

I believe the forummers here are just anxious because you have been silent. Rule #1 of crisis management is to keep a communications channel open. Let the forum know you are working on the current problem and haven't "abandoned ship".

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can see that you are desperate to steal traffic but you always claim that you are not. :biggrin:

Inviting SaraLeck over will definitely buzz up and increase traffic. :biggrin:

Friend, I'm just trying to keep this community together, good, bad and ugly. I've enjoyed myself here with you guys. But the structure is falling apart, obvious for all to see. There's no profit in it for me to "steal traffic."

SaraLeck is a multi-spammer over at 3in1Kopitiam, that I know.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm writing this from my mobile because for some reason I've been stuck with the old server on my home access. Could anyone assist?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
How cum still cannot start new post har?!

I want to discuss about Elaine Low the $1million donor...

Because of the serious database corruption, I've decided to upgrade the whole forum with vbulletin4 while repairing the database.

It'll take a couple of days and everything should be back to normal by Sunday.:wink:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Because of the serious database corruption, I've decided to upgrade the whole forum with vbulletin4 while repairing the database.

It'll take a couple of days and everything should be back to normal by Sunday.:wink:

Why was there "serious database corruption", Leongsam?

Was it an honest mistake?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

altho sumtime ur mouth stinks, i would like to say thanks for your effort.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you, Mr Leong.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why was there "serious database corruption", Leongsam?

Was it an honest mistake?

I have no idea what went wrong. All I know is that when the previous host moved the site from one server to another, the database crashed.

There is supposed to be a backup to turn to but I didn't opt for the "failsafe" option where multiple copies of backups from different time frames a kept.

All I opted for was the standard backup where the data is copied from one hard drive to another every 24 hours.

The problem was that the issue was not caught early enough and the backup simply copied the corrupted database.

Is it an honest mistake? I don't know. I know it is my mistake for trying to save money. Call it what you will.

The vbulletin expert I've hired to fix the problem tells me that everything is salvageable. All I can do is wait till the fix is complete before I can tell whether everything is back to normal.