• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu interrogates a student. :biggrin:

1656602167827.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is still using his SAF BMT towel. :confused::eek::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

15 hrs ·
My trusty SAF towel from BMT, with my index number.
It has accompanied me through the years. Still in use today.
Happy SAF Day!
Thank you to generations of service personnel in uniform.
Without whom we will not have the right to be called Singaporeans.

1656688753529.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates ITE. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing added 4 new photos.​

Yesterday at 12:08 ·
Congratulations Institute of Technical Education, Singapore on your 30th anniversary! It was a pleasure to have SM Teo Chee Hean and our German and Swiss counterparts celebrate this key milestone with us.
With its strong network of industry partners and unique brand of hands-on learning, ITE has been a pivotal institution in our higher education landscape. The close collaboration with industry, and skills-based curriculum prepares students well for their careers, and has helped them to discover their best self and achieve their aspirations.
In a world where change is constant, lifelong learning and upskilling is no longer an “if”, but “when”. ITE’s been offering work-study diplomas which has workplace learning and on-the-job training as the curriculum's central features. Not only has this benefitted workers, but also their employers.
It is heartening that some of the staff in ITE were former students themselves —an ecosystem of talent that grooms the next generation.
I am proud of what ITE has achieved in the last 3 decades, and fully confident that it will continue to scale greater heights!
#ite30
[
1f4f8.png
: ITE]

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks St Joseph's Institution Junior for having him. :biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing added 8 new photos.​

Yesterday at 08:24 ·
It’s a Science lesson on the respiratory system, and the teacher was starting it with a discussion on the Sewol Ferry disaster.
Is this topic too heavy for 11-year-olds? I wondered. Vice Principal Ms Faith Yak shared that it’s a good opportunity to teach students how to manage their feelings about what they see online or on TV. We cannot choose to shield students from bad news, and students have access to such news outside of school anyway.
In class, teachers introduce the topic in a measured way, and facilitate students’ thinking and discussion. Students are not just learning Science, elements of Character & Citizenship Education are incorporated as they discussed values like responsibility.
Between using online tools and having students stand up and share their thoughts, everyone in class has a chance to voice their opinion. This is one of the benefits of technology.
Through tech, students can learn collaboratively and discover new knowledge more efficiently. Teachers can apply teaching methods like differentiated instruction more effectively too – a personal device offers flexibility, which allows each student to review topics at their own pace before attempting quiz games on their device. Even PE is not left out! Students record their peers in action, and in groups, they review and assess the skills they are learning.
Thanks for having me, St Joseph's Institution Junior!
#ourschoolstories