• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Student stands to ask Keechiu question. :biggrin:

1643985280383.png

jw5

Loyal
KNN why kc must always be in the center while doing everything ? KNN stand at left or right can't hear the presentation? KNN

It seems like he wants to be the centre of attention. :biggrin:
But if I were him, I would stand where the cameraman is standing. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu believes in community philanthropy. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

3 hrs ·
Having benefited from community philanthropy during my schooling years, I strongly believe in its transformative impact.
Many thanks to Ngee Ang Kongsi for their generous donation of $25 million to Singapore Institute of Technology which comprises annual gifts of $2.5 million over 10 years. This will support the development of the newly-named Ngee Ann Kongsi library at SIT’s Dover campus, as well as a new and improved library at the upcoming Punggol campus. It will also fund an Emergence Fund to give our students more opportunities to work on innovative projects and develop soft skills.
Had the opportunity to tour the library at the Dover campus, which is equipped with interactive elements to support applied learning and collaboration. The new library at Punggol will build on these current offerings and will also be open to the public, offering more opportunities for the exchange of ideas with the community.
This is just a glimpse of what the future of learning can be. I hope that these new programmes and facilities will enable our students and community to embrace #LifelongLearning, and as importantly, to learn from one another.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants you to continue your education. :thumbsup::eek::biggrin:

Chan Chun Sing

1 hr ·
Education does not stop after we enter the workforce. Whether it is to pursue our interests or explore new career opportunities in emerging industries, #LifelongLearning is an important enabler for our professional fulfilment.
SkillsFuture SG released the results of their 2021 Year-in-Review today, and we are happy to share that 660,000 individuals have upskilled themselves through SSG-supported programmes in 2021. This is the highest annual number since SkillsFuture was launched
1f642.png
Almost 250,000 made use of SkillsFuture credit to subsidise their course fees. I am heartened to see many taking ownership of their self-development, and hope that these numbers continue to grow in the future.
To support workers to upskill and reskill even amidst the pandemic and secure new career opportunities,
— We extended support measures such as the SGUnited Skills Programme and SGUnited Mid-Career Pathways Programme – Company Training until 31 Mar 2022.
— Through the SkillsFuture Work-Study programmes, we provided opportunities for individuals to gain working experience and industry-recognised qualifications at the same time.
— The Enhanced Training Support Package was extended until 31 Dec 2021, to provide course fee subsidies and enhanced absentee payroll for companies that send their employees for training.
We will continue to review and refine initiatives to help everyone acquire skills and qualifications relevant to your needs, and support enterprises in developing their workforce. Together, we can look forward to a resilient and future-ready Singapore.
#SkillsFutureSG

No photo description available.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visited Queensway Secondary School. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing added 5 new photos.​

Yesterday at 08:22 ·
I have fond memories of outdoor cooking and camping
️
from my days as a Scout in Secondary School.
Was glad to see the students at Queensway Secondary School enjoying these activities as part of the Sports for Life and Outdoor Education (SOE) programme. And could not hold myself back from checking the tents and various knots out of habit….
1f606.png

Indeed, our schools offer a diverse range of programmes and Co-Curricular Activities (CCAs) that cater to the different talents of our students and nurture their holistic development. These include outdoor activities that enable them to appreciate nature in our city state and pick up important skills beyond the classroom.
May these fun and hands-on activities also help to forge stronger bonds between our students as they acquire important life skills together.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu spoke at the Straits Times Education Forum. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing added 4 new photos.​

5 hrs ·
3 major forces shape our long-term vision for education:
- Half-life of technology is shrinking and skills and knowledge will become obsolete faster than before.
- A more connected world creates more opportunities, but also greater inequality of opportunities and outcomes.
- We are seeing a world that risks becoming more fragmented and polarised geopolitically, ideologically, culturally and even technologically.
At the The Straits Times Education Forum today, I spoke on the importance of 3 Cs in determining Singapore’s continued success amidst these forces:
1️⃣
Continual Learning
We need to jettison the concept that education frontloading will prepare us for life. The pace of skills and knowledge acquisition must intensify to keep up with the pace of technology and evolving job demands. Instead of focusing on producing a cohort of 30k to 40k students each year, we should create opportunities for about half a million adult learners to learn, unlearn and relearn skill sets to remain current and relevant throughout their lives.
2️⃣
Connections and Collaboration for Value Creation
Our IHLs must continue providing opportunities for our young to deepen their connection with the world and our community, even as #COVID19 wears on, so that we may value add through our ability to bridge divergences. Having close ties with the industry will also allow faculty to have the necessary expertise to ensure that our students are ready for the future.
3️⃣
Confidence Building
In a world of contesting ideas, ideologies and values, we must have the confidence to chart our own destiny based on a pragmatic and disciplined search for what works best in context, for our people and ourselves. While we can learn from others, we must have the confidence to develop our own solutions to our own unique challenges, while recognising the need to never stop learning and improving. Our universities have a responsibility to nurture such values in our people - young and old.
As we forge ahead in an uncertain world, I hope that the lifelong pursuit of learning, wisdom and contributions to society beyond oneself will always be at the heart of our education system. May our young lead with conviction, excel with confidence and overcome challenges with tenacity and in unity.
[
1f4f8.png
: Singapore Management University]