• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 6 hrs · Edited ·

Having a go at the AR experience myself!

1625578952331.png

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 8 hrs · Edited ·

The combined class of Sec 3 Benevolence & Charity at CHIJ St Joseph Convent enjoying an AR English Literature experience.

1625588715608.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visits Alexandra Primary School.

Chan Chun Sing

27 mins·

Elliot, a Primary 5 student, dreams of becoming a military historian. He spends his leisure time building Tamiya tank models. His schoolmate Kelly wants to be a zookeeper, whilst Nurelsyah hopes to be a professional footballer. Was struck by their passion and knowledge of these fields!
They were among the students I met this morning at Alexandra Primary School - SG. Also enjoyed interacting with the lower primary students who are back in school, after a week of home-based learning from 28 June. The return of Pri 1- Pri 3 cohorts to school marks the final phase of the progressive resumption of physical classes, which is part of the comprehensive suite of measures by Ministry of Education, Singapore to keep our students safe from #COVID19.
The average attendance for MOE schools yesterday was 97% -- this is similar to the attendance rate pre-COVID-19. Glad to see that our teachers and students are all back into the groove! With our students back in school, parents get some respite from juggling work and childcare as well .
Some of the Pri 1 students told me that it felt like the first day of school all over again, and indeed, the excitement among the lower primary school kids was palpable! Enjoy the rest of Term 3 – study hard and play hard!

1625656930782.png

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 3 hrs · Edited ·

To keep our students safe, the seats in classrooms are well-spaced as part of safe management measures.

1625669049058.png

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 4 hrs · Edited ·

Primary 1 students at Alexandra Primary School engaging in Recess Play at the Art Tinkering Corner.

1625671335648.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu sets a riddle.

Chan Chun Sing

6 hrs·

Saw this interesting road design when I was at CHIJ (Kellock) recently. Why is it half red, half black? Make a guess!
#ourschoolstories

1625747619375.png

Chan Chun Sing

Author
Chan Chun Sing Many of you guessed correctly! The red half is a running track that weaves through the school. Students use it for PE lessons and sports training when the school is closed to traffic. Creative use of space!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu promotes Skills Future Month.

Chan Chun Sing

3 hrs·

Ms Carol Goh, 50, used to work in the aviation industry, but her job role was made redundant due to the #COVID19 situation.
Although she did not have any background in healthcare, Carol was undeterred and enrolled in the HMI Institute Healthcare Assistant course under the SGUnited Skills Programme. Not only did she acquire new skills and knowledge, she was able to earn a monthly training allowance at the same time. After the programme, Carol received a job offer from the Singapore National Eye Centre / Singapore Eye Research Institute, where she is now working full-time as an Operating Theatre Technical Assistant.
Carol’s journey echoes the theme for #SkillsFutureMonth2021: “Open new possibilities when you upskill”. More than ever, it is imperative for us to continually upskill and reskill in order to capture new opportunities. The SkillsFuture movement is a critical enabler in this effort, supporting Singaporeans in our lifelong learning journey and pursuit of skills mastery.
The SkillsFuture Month kicks off today. Organised by SkillsFuture SG, there is something for every Singaporean at different stages of their learning journey, from fresh graduates and mid-career working adults, to mature workers in their 40s and 50s.

More information on the SkillsFuture Month and activities can be found at: myskillsfuture.gov.sg/skillsfuturemonth.

#SkillsFutureSG
#SGUnitedSkills

1625756286745.png

1625756302227.png

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most xiasuay are those who voted for this kind of people...
GRC the most treacherous scam from PAP.

Man propose God dispose. GRC created shit leaders and worse can only tap from military stocks jiakleowbee type to install into public sector jobs...

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu celebrates Public Service Week.

Chan Chun Sing

3 hrs ·

How much do you know about the Singapore Public Service? We ask our little ones.
We came together as One Public Service at an observance ceremony today to mark Public Service Week. Many thanks to all our public officers for their hard work, especially in the last 18 months helping us to get through the pandemic.
I shared with our colleagues three areas for the public service to evolve faster in a more volatile world. Read my speech here: https://bit.Iy/36oeCBR. CCS
PSD Singapore

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu bought lunch and dinner for his family from Bukit Merah View Market.

Chan Chun Sing

4 hrs·

Dropped by Bukit Merah View Market this morning with Joan Pereira. We checked in on our stallholders, and I bought lunch and dinner for my family.
While stallholders shared that business has been badly affected as customers stayed away because of fear, I was heartened to know that they were keeping in good spirits and looking forward to the return of customers. Let’s support our stallholders during this difficult time. CCS

1625922994676.png

jw5

Loyal
Riddler Keechiu sets another riddle.

Chan Chun Sing

11 hrs·

Came across this at a Redhill Market drink stall. Any guesses as to what the bottles are for? CCS
May be an image of bottle and indoor

Chan Chun Sing

microphone-karaoke_filled_12_fds-spectrum-blue-gray.png
Author
Chan Chun Sing Some really creative guesses! Yes, they are used for coffee/tea takeaways. The stall holders told me that they wash the bottles thoroughly before use.

I wonder if it’s a special feeling to drink kopi from beer bottles.

jw5

Loyal
Kee Chiu now no more go to airport to collect eggs ? Busy talking to students ?

It is Gan Kim Yong's turn to check unfertilized eggs.
Keechiu busy talking to fertilized eggs already hatched for several years.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu visits Redhill Market & Food Centre.

Chan Chun Sing

10 hrs·

Redhill Market & Food Centre was quieter than usual when I visited yesterday. Stallholders told me business was affected as customers generally stayed away from the entire 红山 (Bukit Merah/Redhill) area, even though the market was not affected by the recent Covid-19 clusters.
I hope more of us will return soon to enjoy the wonderful food and fresh produce on offer. CCS

jw5

Loyal

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu speaks at 通商中国 Business China’s FutureChina Global Forum.

Chan Chun Sing

56 mins·

Is closer ASEAN-China economic cooperation a matter of destiny or strategic choice?
This year marks the 30th anniversary of ASEAN-China dialogue relations, and it is timely for us to reflect on how we can continue to deepen cooperation going forward, amidst changing mega-trends and disruptive forces.
At 通商中国 Business China’s FutureChina Global Forum today, I spoke on 3 key determinants of success for ASEAN and China to jointly seize opportunities in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
— Adopting a long-term view in forging complementarities and trusted partnerships;
— Building an open and inclusive regional network of trade agreements to connect supply and value chains;
— Fostering interoperability of standards and regulations.
The history that we have forged did not come by chance. In fact, the future that we are striving towards is also not predestined. However, with mutual trust, and on the basis of a mutually-beneficial relationship, I am confident that the prospects for deepening ASEAN and China’s economic cooperation will remain bright.
历史并非偶然,未来不是必然。
秉持互信互惠,前景必定生机盎然。

Read my speech here:
https://www.moe.gov.sg/…/20210712-speech-by-mr-chan-chun-si…

1626103773078.png

jw5

Loyal
Tin Pei Ling looking good in pants suit with mask on.

Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 16 hrs · Edited ·

Thank you Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Chairman of Business China, and Ms Tin Pei Ling, CEO of Business China for the invitation to the FutureChina Global Forum.

(Photo credit: Business China)

1626159123944.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu encourages students to shape their own learning experiences.

Chan Chun Sing

45 mins·

When the students at Seng Kang Secondary School (Singapore) mooted the idea of doing tyre slams as part of a sports challenge, their PE teacher gamely secured 12 tyres and brought them to school for the students!
This is but one example of the enabling environment at the school, where students are encouraged to lead and proactively shape their own learning experiences.
In an Applied Learning Programme (ALP) lesson, the students engaged the elderly staff in the school to learn about the challenges they faced in their day-to-day lives. After understanding their target audience and problem statements, the students worked to come up with different solutions. From automatic pill dispensers to managing water demand, it was heartening to see the creativity sparked in these students as they worked to address real-life problems in the classroom.
The strong bond that the teachers and students have with the school was also evident. Sec 3 student Jesslyn, shared how her Math teacher Madam Kaur had patiently helped her to improve in Math, and her aspiration to pay it forward, by becoming a teacher at the school in the future. The strong camaraderie amongst the teachers came through in their candid conversations and exchange of playful jibes, as they passionately shared their thoughts on the education system and how we can collectively improve student learning outcomes and processes.

Indeed, the formative experience of our students in schools goes beyond academic learning. By igniting the students’ curiosity, nurturing a sense of belonging to the school and community, and purposefully providing the students with opportunities to succeed, we inculcate confidence, a sense of identity and problem-solving skills that will serve them well for life. CCS

1626183395222.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu interrogating students.

Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 2 hrs · Edited ·

Applied Learning Programme lessons equip students with critical thinking skills, and encourage them to work as a team to solve real-life problems.

1626188954107.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu meets the staff at Sengkang Secondary School.

Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 23 hrs · Edited ·

Enjoyed meeting Principal Mr Koh Yiak Kheng, Vice-Principal Mdm Nazimah Abdullah, and the lively teachers at Seng Kang Secondary School (Singapore) – amongst them are avid cooks, exercise enthusiasts and food experts.

1626266184499.png