• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu encourages support for local hawkers.

Chan Chun Sing

26 June at 21:34·

Lunch for the whole family from ABC Market & Food Centre. Support our neighbourhood hawkers. Not an easy time for them. CCS
#dabao #singaporefood #sgfood #sghawker #supportlocal #TPGRC

1624864348022.png

jw5

Loyal
So touching, Keechiu prepares his son's uniform.

Chan Chun Sing

21 hrs·

Ready for Term 3
My son's uniform laid out for tomorrow morning, and schoolbag packed.
Wishing all our students (and their parents) a wonderful first day at school! CCS

1624882960432.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu welcomes all students back to school.

Chan Chun Sing

4 hrs·

Welcome back to school!
Our students have started returning for in-person classes progressively:
— Students in Pri 4 to 6, Sec 3 to 5, JC and Millennia Institute are back in school today.
— Sec 1 and 2 students are on Home-Based Learning (HBL) till Wednesday and will return to school from 1 July.
— Pri 1 to 3 students are on HBL this week, and will return from 6 July.
The safety of our students, educators and staff remains our top priority. Ministry of Education, Singapore will continue to work with schools to ensure safe management measures are in place, as we ease into the school term. In addition to the wearing of masks, fixed seating, staggered recess etc., staff and students are also carefully screened.
A big thank you to our teachers and school staff for your efforts in ensuring that schools reopened smoothly today for both in-school students and HBL students. And to parents, we are grateful for your strong partnership and understanding in helping to ensure that our schools remain safe places for our children.

Wishing our teachers and students a safe and fulfilling Term 3!

#OurSchoolStories

1624884742222.png

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 5 hrs · Edited ·

Ms Lisa Zhang welcomes her Sec 4 class at Springfield Secondary back for Term 3!

[Photo credit: Springfield Secondary School]

1624890971157.png

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 7 hrs · Edited ·

Primary 4 student Maisarah at Kranji Primary School doing a wipe down of the canteen table after dining.

By encouraging our students to maintain cleanliness of shared premises and good personal hygiene, we can strengthen our collective resilience against #COVID19

[Photo credit: Kranji Primary School]

1624897456728.png

jw5

Loyal
Chan Chun Sing

Like This Page · 7 hrs · Edited ·

Secondary 3 student Qhalifah Qistina walking in to school with her schoolmates.

[Photo credit: Springfield Secondary School]

1624898420308.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu prepares parents for primary 1 registration.

Chan Chun Sing

1 hr·

Different parents will have different considerations in their choice of a primary school for their children.
Some prioritise proximity to home and caregivers, some consider co-curricular activity offerings, while others aim for that popular school.
Perhaps the most important consideration should be from the child’s perspective - will he/she enjoy going to school? To learn, to discover their talents and do justice to their blessings.
Indeed it takes a village to raise a child. At Ministry of Education, Singapore, our educators and staff are fully committed to working with our parents to create the optimal environment to nurture our children according to their different gifts.
(More info on the Primary 1 registration exercise which starts tomorrow: https://www.moe.gov.sg/…/20210520-2021-primary-one-registra…)

1624976989099.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu enjoys re-imagining Singapore.

Chan Chun Sing

6 mins·

Enjoyed being a part of the “Re-imagining Singapore Series: Education” dialogue with Alvin Tan 陈圣辉 and Fahima Farha.
It was heartening to hear the ideas and perspectives of students, and those from the Merdeka and Pioneer generations. Each brought their unique take on the current and future issues faced by Singapore. From the challenges that the new economy presents to our younger generation to how Singapore can continue to be an open and inclusive society, the dialogue was a good platform to hear the views and suggestions from different segments of our society.
There are growing economic and geopolitical uncertainties in the international landscape, and the global and local challenges faced by a small city state like Singapore will continue to evolve. But if all of us take ownership and collectively meet these challenges together, we can continue to make Singapore a thriving city, and a place we are proud to call home.
#SGTogether

1625029380970.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu chats with Dasmond Koh.

Chan Chun Sing

2 hrs·

‘Get Fit With Me’《健康那些事》host Dasmond Koh 许振荣 invited me to his programme. We chatted on the urgency to help our seniors get vaccinated. Vaccination not only helps to protect oneself, but also keeps our families and the community safe.
On the other hand, even for those who are vaccinated, we must not let our guard down. All of us must continue to maintain good personal hygiene and observe safe management measures for the sake of all our loved ones. We can only be safe when everyone is safe. CCS
https://bit.Iy/3qyskLS

1625072575316.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu remembers his boots are meant for walking.

Chan Chun Sing

11 hrs·

I have worn many pairs over the years but each pair has its unique memories. They took me through swamps, jungles and even to the Istana. They took me just about everywhere.
My time in the army raised me as a boy, and taught me to be the man, father, husband, brother and son that I am today.
To my brothers and sisters in uniform who were part of my journey then, and who continue that journey today, I’d like to thank you for walking by the side of every Singaporean, all boots on the ground.
Each year that passes peacefully is yet another year of your contributions and sacrifices. Your tireless work ensures that our nation’s safety and security are not things that the rest of us have to worry about daily. You have allowed the generations before to keep away our boots safely, but always ready.
To our younger ‘siblings’ in the National Cadet Corps, I’m glad you have a chance to experience the family that I found in the SAF.
Happy SAF Day and NCC Day! CCS

1625138162742.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu trying to tell a joke.

Chan Chun Sing

5 hrs·

Why did the cross the road?……Because the behind it didn’t know how to social distance properly!
This was one of the many good jokes that the vivacious 9-year-old Ropheka shared with me, Connor, Marleen and Steven Chia - CNA on the set of CNA’s ‘Talking Point’, as we chatted about #COVID19 school life.
Due to the pandemic, Marleen’s school had to cancel a trip to Malaysia last year, which she was greatly looking forward to. Connor sees some upsides to home-based learning, but misses band practice and his friends.
Indeed, school is not just a place for our students to acquire knowledge and learn new skills, but also for them to make friends, grow together and gain new experiences. This is why it is important that we do our best to keep our schools open, even as we address the challenges that the pandemic brings.
Find out more about how we’re working with parents to keep our students safe in school on ‘Talking Point’ tonight at 9.30pm. CCS

1625147615941.png

jw5

Loyal
Beware of Keechiu cycling around "checking on residents".

Chan Chun Sing

7 hrs·

Cycled round the constituency to the “four corners” of My Buona Vista this morning. Checking in on our residents and getting some exercise along the way. CCS

1625311632126.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu compares face masks to art.

Chan Chun Sing

5 hrs·

Face masks are now a part of our daily lives, but what if they can be elevated to pieces of art?
That is exactly what Gabriel, Kheng Suen, Junia, Lee Naun, Kaien and Jiarong at GYPS - Guangyang Primary School have done. In the Singapore Youth Festival - SYF artwork “Anything is Possible”, they designed beautiful masks and then used augmented reality (AR) to allow users to wear them virtually. I like how the students have injected fun, novelty and beauty in an everyday object, inviting us to see it in a different light.
Check out more interesting art pieces and performances by our students at https://youtube.com/playlist…
#syfgoesonline
#syf2021artexhibition
#syf2021ap

1625316232685.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wonders if today's youths are like strawberries.

Chan Chun Sing

1 hr·

Strawberries?
We should never underestimate the abilities of our youths.
Each generation faces its own challenges and every generation will rise to them in their own ways, with their unique abilities.
Few Singaporean in the Pioneer and Merdeka generations had the opportunity to complete their secondary school education. In fact, many started to work in their teens.
The post-independence generations saw many more opportunities as our country grew from strength to strength. They built the strong foundation that led Singapore to make the transition towards manufacturing and services, and established us as a key regional hub.
Our youths today have the world as their oyster. Yet they also have to confront the challenges and competition at a global level. #COVID19 has further complicated all of our lives, and it will not be the final public health threat that we face.
I am confident that the current young generation will also in time rise to the challenges of their time and take Singapore forward to SG100 and beyond.

Enjoy the Youth Day holiday! And may youth not be defined by age but by our forever young mindset as individuals and as a nation.

1625464624898.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu promotes Augmented Reality.

Chan Chun Sing

4 hrs·

Have you ever wished that we could make stories come “alive” for our children?
At CHIJ St Joseph Convent, students are able to virtually enter the world of “Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl” and “Here and Beyond: 12 Stories”!
Inspired by school workshops on augmented reality (AR) possibilities in lesson design, the English Department experimented and crafted AR lessons to encourage reluctant readers by tapping into their interests as digital natives. They started by weaving AR English Literature experience into the Sec 5 Level Camp last year, and since then, some of the Sec 1 and 3 classes have also experienced AR lessons. I was not surprised to hear that the students have taken swimmingly to the AR literary forays
This team of educators has shared their approach at the recent Ministry of Education, Singapore Teachers' Conference and invited other schools which are interested to collaborate on resource-building to build greater appreciation for reading. The team also hopes to teach students how to use the software to create student-initiated AR literary trails so that they can introduce their favourite books or short stories to their peers.
I am proud of our educators for embracing new possibilities and nurturing the love of learning in our students through igniting their curiosity and passion.

#ourschoolstories

1625574741859.png