• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants you to bounce back. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Happy faces seen at our Junior Colleges. Well done to all who received your GCE A-Level results last week.
Reaching this milestone is a testament to your hard work, as well as the support of your teachers, peers and loved ones. Am sure it was quite the journey, so be proud
1f60a.png

As you contemplate your next steps, know that you have your own strengths and will find your calling in life. Keep an open mind, don’t be afraid to explore different fields and opportunities.
Perhaps most importantly, have the resilience to bounce back from setbacks in life and do better.
(Photos taken at St Andrew's Junior College)

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu shares a snippet. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Sharing a snippet of my conversation with the students at Shuqun Primary. Had visited them some time back. As part of their Purple Parade celebrations, students participated in different activities, including trying to button a shirt with just one hand to experience what it’s like living with disabilities. We took it one step further by brainstorming how we can ease the process for them.
It’s always a joy to see young minds thinking beyond themselves and considering different perspectives. It is the start of how we can build a more inclusive society together.
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants you to have gumption and ingenuity. :rolleyes::eek::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·
Looks like none of our students managed to invite Taylor Swift to visit their schools … although the challenge is not over yet as she will be here for the next week...
Maybe the holiday reward should go to MCCY and STB staff involved… hmm, let me check with Edwin Tong and Gan Kim Yong
Hope one day, some of our children and future MCCYers and STBers will have the gumption and ingenuity to attract future Taylor Swifts to drop by Singapore
1f4aa.png

429806035_957166922434723_5186896128762713010_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu cannot rely on yesterday's solutions. :o-o::confused::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Tomorrow’s challenges cannot rely on yesterday’s solutions. This is why our Public Service is forward-looking and continuously transforms itself to ensure it is future-ready.
In Parliament today, I shared how the Public Service and our public officers are organising, developing, and partnering differently to meet both present and future needs. Find out more here: https://go.gov.sg/psd-cos2024
PSD Singapore

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu meets Mdm Tutek. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Did you know schools have dedicated officers to serve children with added needs? These educators are called Special Educational Needs (SEN) Officers.
Mdm Tutek from Tampines Primary School shares a glimpse of what she does, what keeps her going, and what she hopes for!
#ourschoolstories

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants us to come together. :cautious::eek::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
More than a quarter of a million dollars.
That’s how much we are investing in every Singaporean child on average. To bring out their best, nurture their growth and prepare them for their first career.
I shared Ministry of Education, Singapore's efforts at the Committee of Supply Debates today.
Every student has unique strengths – and we will celebrate them – even in non-academic areas. Hence, we will increase the number of EAGLES and Edusave Skills Awards given to students who have demonstrated 21st Century Competencies like adaptive and inventive thinking, communication, and collaboration skills. We are committed to prepare our students more holistically for the future.
Those with added needs will receive help too. Special education (SPED) will become more affordable, and we will strengthen the professionalism of the special education sector. It is my hope that both mainstream and SPED educators will grow together and support each other.
Education doesn’t end in school. To stay ahead of a rapidly changing world, we must keep learning. Regular upskilling to expand our competencies, embracing new technologies to teach and learn, and being confident that we can seize new career opportunities – and do well.
We will make SkillsFuture a key part of our new social compact. What does that mean, in real terms? Significant investments to help our people deepen their skills throughout their lives, in the form of initiatives such as the SkillsFuture Level-up Programme, the ITE Progression Award and monthly training allowances. They will defray opportunity costs for Singaporeans who may be keen to boost their career resilience, but are juggling financial commitments and busy schedules.
Let us come together and choose what education means to all of us. This is how we will continue to do well, in the next 50 years and beyond.
Visit go.gov.sg/moecos-2024 to find out more details. My colleagues Dr Maliki Osman and Gan Siow Huang 颜晓芳 will speak more on 4 Mar, when the debates continue.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu hoped everyone had a great time. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Our Tanjong Pagar and Radin Mas residents crossed the Causeway for a weekend of shopping and dining.
My appreciation to our colleagues, grassroots leaders and volunteers for helping to organise this trip to Johor Bahru. Hope everyone had a great time!
✨

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keechiu shares a snippet. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·
Sharing a snippet of my conversation with the students at Shuqun Primary. Had visited them some time back. As part of their Purple Parade celebrations, students participated in different activities, including trying to button a shirt with just one hand to experience what it’s like living with disabilities. We took it one step further by brainstorming how we can ease the process for them.
It’s always a joy to see young minds thinking beyond themselves and considering different perspectives. It is the start of how we can build a more inclusive society together.
#ourschoolstories

真是为国为民

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks both sides of the House. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Our Character and Citizenship Education (CCE) lesson on the Israel-Hamas conflict has stirred strong emotions. Some of the key questions that have been raised by MPs, as well as members of public who have written to me:
Why did Ministry of Education, Singapore even conduct this lesson?
Can MOE teach such a complex and emotive issue effectively?
How can teachers be better supported, in facilitating this topic in class?
What are our learning points from this episode?
Building upon what I shared in my media interview last week, I addressed these questions in Parliament today.
Education is a serious responsibility and our educators are our most precious resource.
I thank both sides of the House for their support for our educators, who have taken on the challenge in navigating this topic with students.
When we look back in years to come, it is my hope that we can say that we have discharged our duty, done right by our students - and that our people are united with trust, able to respond as one, and able to manage differences and diversity respectfully and sensitively.
Full statement here: https://go.gov.sg/8rld9t

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu gives kudos to his own team. :rolleyes::eek::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
What’re the Committee of Supply (COS) Debates? It is like a report card, and workplan for all ministries in Singapore. It is a herculean effort for many civil servants. Many hours of preparation of materials, many hours of behind-the-scenes coordination – all leading up to the day when a ministry delivers its COS. So, when a ministry’s COS debates span two days, like Ministry of Education, Singapore’s, it’s double the work, double the effort
1f60a.png

Kudos to the entire MOE team! They have put together some easy-to-read infographics on what it is we’re hoping to do here in MOE. Please share them with your family and friends.
Remember that we don’t only get one chance in school to “make it in life”. We have a whole lifetime ahead of us to find our calling, discover new interests and pursue them in different seasons of life.
Life is full of possibilities.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wants to harness the potential of AI. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

6 d ·
Should we slow down the progress of AI?
This is a debate taking place not just in Singapore, but in the rest of the world too. AI has changed our economy, and will continue to do so. Some believe that the disruption is for the better, while others fear the disruption. Some choose to embrace it, while others reject it.
At Microsoft's Leading the Era of AI today, I spoke on the need for our Government, private sector, academia and individuals to organise ourselves well, and work together in a quadripartite, four-way partnership. To use and harness AI well in transforming our society, and pursuing our goal to be a global leader in niche areas - but also to ensure that no Singaporean will be left behind in this journey.
Microsoft, SkillsFuture SG, and NTUC LearningHub marked MOUs today to advance AI capabilities for businesses and emloyees through new skilling initiatives. I encourage more enterprises to similarly take the first step, no matter how small.
We can harness the potential of AI, ride the next S-curve of economic growth and transcend our old constraints of geography, manpower or resources together.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes all women Happy International Women's Day! :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

4 d ·
Today, we honour and celebrate every woman for her strength, resilience, and invaluable contributions to the world. You inspire us everyday.
Happy International Women's Day!
(With teachers and students from Cedar Girls' Secondary School)

430842116_961901445294604_190420957277243590_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes all his Muslim friends and family a blessed fasting month. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

2 h ·
As the holy month of Ramadan begins, I would like to wish all our Muslim friends and family a blessed fasting month. May your days be filled with peace, reflection, and spiritual growth. Let us come together in unity, compassion, and gratitude this #Ramadan2024
1f319.png

430824031_963960891755326_8184662290923201907_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates SUTD. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
SUTD Singapore University of Technology & Design turns 15 this year.
With its unique inter-disciplinary and design-centric curriculum, SUTD has distinguished itself as the frontier for technological designs, successfully equipping our students with skills and competencies for the workforce.
But our education system, especially our universities, must continue to evolve - to respond to developing trends and keep up with changing demands.
Today, SUTD announced SUTD Leap, a new strategic plan that will see more industry partners coming onboard to co-create curriculum and provide industry exposure to students and faculty. Prof Phoon Kok Kwang will also take over as President, and together with newly appointed Deputy President Prof Tai Lee Siang, they will lead SUTD to even greater heights. Thank you Prof Chong Tow Chong for your immense contributions and all the best in your future endeavours!
Congratulations, SUTD! May you continue to redefine design, education and research and make waves in our higher education space!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks residents. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

5 h ·
Kudos to more than 200 of My Buona Vista residents who laced up their sneakers for a fun Buona Vista Fitness Day!
‍♂️
1f4aa.png

A special shout-out to the organising committee for coordinating such an amazing event, complete with workouts, walks and cheerleading performances.
Many thanks for your efforts in promoting healthy living and strengthening our community spirit.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu hopes everyone has a good time. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
Primary 5 is a special year for many Singapore students. They have the chance to attend the National Education show, a full dressed rehearsal of the actual National Day parade. They get the full preview: the winged Red Lions, the marching contingents, local performances…and of course, everyone always looks forward to the fireworks!
Then COVID-19 struck, and due to restrictions back in 2020 and 2021, our Primary 5 students then missed out. But don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten about you
1f60a.png

I had asked the NDP Organising Committee to consider inviting these (now) Secondary 3 students to the NE Show in 2024 and 2025. I am grateful that they took up the suggestion, and for making the arrangements with our schools.
Hope everyone will have a good time with their friends!
What we have in Singapore is precious, and it is up to our youth to protect it.
#NDP24 #SG59 #NationalDay

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is confident. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

3 d ·
From how we manage our road pricings, to housing, to retirement systems, to helping our people to keep pace with rapid changes through SkillsFuture - these are just some examples of public policy approaches specific to Singapore. We have never been afraid to pioneer our own breakthrough solutions to tackle uniquely Singaporean challenges.
This morning marks a significant milestone for Social Science and Humanities (SSH) research community here, as we see the launch of the inaugural SSH Ideas Festival. The festival is a collaborative effort spearheaded by SSH researchers from the Autonomous Universities (AUs) to examine the complex challenges faced by Singapore in an age of disruptive change.
Though many challenges may lie ahead of us, with it comes many opportunities as well. If our SSH community can continue to punch above our weight, collaborate with like-minded peers, and strive to make impact with our research insights, I'm confident society will be all the better for it.
Ideas Festival events will take place from 22 March to 19 April 2024. You can find out more about the Ideas Festival at go.gov.sg/ideasfest

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates SIT. :wink:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
10 years ago, Singapore Institute of Technology operated out of a small office along North Bridge Road.
Today, SIT is our champion for applied learning, with many SITizens and alumni benefitting from SIT's unique applied learning and research pedagogy that effectively integrates work and study. Through work attachments and projects with industry partners, students are able to apply the skills learned in the classroom, and contribute to the working world.
Over the years, SIT has also blazed the trail in our adult learning landscape, piloting pathways for working adults to learn skills at work, and earn qualifications at the same time.
Later this year, SIT will move to its brand new home in Punggol, bringing the SIT family across its satellite campuses all together for the first time. Its proximity to the Punggol Digital District will no doubt foster more opportunities for collaborations with digital leaders, and allow our students to forge strong links with the community in Punggol and beyond. I look forward to the many partnerships and new heights that SIT will scale in years to come.
Congratulations, SIT!
With Lawrence Wong, Ong Ye Kung, Ng Eng Hen and Janil Puthucheary
1f4f7.png
: SIT/ Keng Photography

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu spoke with Diana Ser. :geek:

Chan Chun Sing

5 d ·
Earlier this year, I spoke with Diana Ser and several important voices in the education space
1f609.png
, on how we can best help our children discover their own successes beyond academic results. We also talked about examinations and stress, and why the confidence to overcome setbacks in life is perhaps what matters most.
Not the easiest conversations, but I appreciate the candid discussions and diverse perspectives.
Catch Regardless of Grades next week on CNA Insider
1f60a.png