• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Online users express anger towards Chan Chun Sing over his remarks of calling people “idiots” and “disgraceful”

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu extends his heartiest congratulations. :laugh:

Chan Chun Sing

13 May at 17:40 ·
Glad to join 4,800 like-minded individuals at the Public Hygiene Council’s largest SG Clean Day this morning, which broke the record for the “Most Number of Participants in a Single-Location Clean-Up”, in the Singapore Book of Records.
Keeping Singapore clean is our collective responsibility. We hope to imbue in Singaporeans a stronger sense of responsibility to take care of our public spaces.
I would also like to extend my heartiest congratulations to the winners of the Keep SG Clean Comic Strip Design Competition!
1f44f.png
1f44f.png

Seeing the creative comic designs of our youths only reinforces my belief that when we empower the young, they can shape the world we live in. You serve to remind us all of the stewardship we need to have to leave behind a better place for the next generation.
1f970.png
1f30d.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu had breakfast with love. :inlove:

Chan Chun Sing

14 May at 15:41 ·
1f495.png
Breakfast with Love
1f495.png
❤️

This kampong spirit on display will not be possible without the active participation and commitment of our volunteers from Buona Vista Commonwealth Close and Jelita Residents’ Networks, who are always looking out for our residents and one another.
Together with our partners, such as Tuan Mong High School Alumni and Beijing University Alumni, they have made My Buona Vista a better place to live in.
Thank you for organising this and I look forward to seeing all of you at our next event!
1f44b_1f3fb.png

347098223_169675635760081_5006507451561152285_n.jpg

347262461_4567419560048354_1341742274316625792_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu thanks Parkway Shenton, partners and volunteers. :notworthy:

Chan Chun Sing

5 h ·
Almost 300 residents participated in the free health screening provided by Parkway Shenton this morning at My Buona Vista.
Held in partnership with Buona Vista Active Ageing Committee and Senior Citizen Executive Committee, it aims to promote health awareness, with a focus on preventive care and chronic disease management.
Preventive care is the foundation of a healthy nation. We encourage everyone to take charge of their own health and manage their conditions pro-actively, so that it is sustainable in the long run.
Thank you to Parkway Shenton and our partners, as well as all our volunteers!
1f44f.png
1f4aa.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu joined the RI family for celebrations. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

3 h ·
Joined the Raffles Institution family for their bicentennial celebrations this morning.
Over its 200-year history, generations of Rafflesians have contributed to RI’s strong standing, be it in student leadership, academics, or service to Singapore.
May RI continue reaching for new heights in excellence, in and beyond RI.
But what does the pursuit of excellence really mean? We must move beyond personal accomplishments. Excellence is more, bigger than this. It is reflected in our actions to uplift the next generation of Singaporeans, and our commitment to embrace diverse strengths and talents, to stand in the gap - and guard against emerging fault lines, like race, socioeconomic status, or place of birth.
May RI fly the Singapore
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
flag high, and raise leaders who will help Singapore become a bright, vibrant land of opportunities in the years to come. I wish Rafflesians a happy 200 years.
Auspicium Melioris Aevi!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu looked ahead to 2040. :confused::eek::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

1 h ·
Glad to have joined over 500 pre-university students in Nanyang Technological University, Singapore today for a dialogue on Singapore’s development, identity and values.
We looked ahead to 2040 and imagined what SG75 would look like for all of us (I'll be in my 70s!). It was a very honest conversation,
about the challenges Singapore is up against. We talked about climate change, credentialism, meritocracy, international relations and how we can forge our place in the world amidst a new global order.
I had the privilege of hearing their ideas and hopes for the future. Our youths are our tomorrow, and they will be the ones who will take Singapore forward. I challenged them to #gofar, and more importantly, #gotogether.
If we can do that, stay focused on the common aspirations that unite us, we can overcome anything together, and Singapore will continue to defy the odds and make our mark in this world
‍
‍

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu has big goals. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing is at Nanyang Polytechnic.​

1 h · Singapore ·
To borrow a famous quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt: “We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.”
How meaningful, how true.
It is in this spirit that the Lee Kuan Yew Centennial Fund was established – not only to remember the contributions of Mr Lee and his fellow founding leaders, but to support our youth to become future visionary leaders for Singapore.
We have big goals for the Fund. We aim to inspire 1,000 IHL student leaders and uplift up to 1,000 ITE and polytechnic students from disadvantaged backgrounds, who demonstrate resilience and potential.
The Fund will support other education-related initiatives, including scholarships and the Singapore Young Leaders Programme (SYLP) launched today by Lawrence Wong . The SYLP will be the largest youth leadership programme across the IHLs!
This was only possible because of the generous donations from the private and people sectors, as well as the business leaders who came together and initiated the effort. A big thank you to them for their invaluable contributions! It will go a long way in raising future generations of leaders who embody a spirit of gumption, vision and service above self, and who will light a beacon of hope for others around them.
Tan See Leng Edwin Tong

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keechiu has big goals. :o-o::confused::laugh:

Chan Chun Sing is at Nanyang Polytechnic.​

1 h · Singapore ·
To borrow a famous quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt: “We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future.”
How meaningful, how true.
It is in this spirit that the Lee Kuan Yew Centennial Fund was established – not only to remember the contributions of Mr Lee and his fellow founding leaders, but to support our youth to become future visionary leaders for Singapore.
We have big goals for the Fund. We aim to inspire 1,000 IHL student leaders and uplift up to 1,000 ITE and polytechnic students from disadvantaged backgrounds, who demonstrate resilience and potential.
The Fund will support other education-related initiatives, including scholarships and the Singapore Young Leaders Programme (SYLP) launched today by Lawrence Wong . The SYLP will be the largest youth leadership programme across the IHLs!
This was only possible because of the generous donations from the private and people sectors, as well as the business leaders who came together and initiated the effort. A big thank you to them for their invaluable contributions! It will go a long way in raising future generations of leaders who embody a spirit of gumption, vision and service above self, and who will light a beacon of hope for others around them.
Tan See Leng Edwin Tong

为囯为民

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu harvested some nai bai. :barefoot::eek::roflmao:

Chan Chun Sing

1 h ·
Was shown how vegetables are grown at the rooftop 'garden' in Dunman Secondary School
1f331.png
Students from all classes across school work together with their teachers to seed, grow, and harvest these nai bai during their CCE lessons. This is their second batch that's ready for harvest! It is enjoyed by the whole Dunman school family
1f60b.png

Got to harvest some nai bai for my own salad lunch. Thanks Shermin for being my engaging teacher!
PS: If you find a missing nai bai
1f96c.png
, please let Shermin know
1f602.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu wishes all Buddhists and devotees a blessed Vesak Day. :thumbsup:

Chan Chun Sing

13 h ·
Wishing all Buddhists and devotees a blessed Vesak Day!
Mee Toh School celebrated Vesak Day and Founder’s Day as a community with hymns, prayers and the ritual of “Bathing of the Lord Buddha”. Buddhists perform this ritual amongst others as a reminder to always keep a pure mind.
Heartfelt performances were put up by the school's Chinese Orchestra, Diabolo, Choir and the Modern, Chinese and Malay Dance troupes.
May the joy and vibrancy of Mee Toh’s celebrations extend to all on this day as well!
#ourschoolstories
[Photography: Widevision Asia Pte Ltd/Mee Toh School]

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is confident that we will reach SG100 and far, far beyond. :cool:

Chan Chun Sing

2 h ·
In 2065, will Majulah Singapura still be our national anthem? Will Singapore as a nation still be around or will our people be called Singaporeans then? I have never assumed that we will get to SG100 effortlessly.
But I am confident that we will reach SG100 and far, far beyond. That is, if we remain united as one people, never be complacent but always striving to leave behind an even better Singapore
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
for our future generations.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu reminds us to give back. :rolleyes::o-o::tongue:

Chan Chun Sing

10 h ·
What are your plans after secondary school? Watch this video to see if it strikes a chord with you!
Grateful for these amazing connections and the lessons I learn along the way. Spending time with Ethan, Adilah, Enzo and Ezekeyle reminded me that determination comes from within and is fuelled by the supportive people around us.
Let us remember to always give back too.
Special thanks to Institute of Technical Education, Singapore Temasek Polytechnic Ngee Ann Polytechnic Jurong Pioneer Junior College
#learnwithCCS

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu congratulates student participants. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

6 d ·
A big congratulations to the student participants who represented Singapore at the Regeneron International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) 2023 in Dallas, Texas, USA.
This was the first time since the Covid pandemic that our student delegate has participated in person. Very proud of all of our students, who performed well at ISEF and clinched a total of seven awards.
But more important than the results, I'm glad to hear that they have made new friends and learnt about different cultures in the process. International events like the ISEF provides a very good opportunity for our students to learn and collaborate with other students globally, and I hope to one day see their science and engineering dreams turn into reality.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu is heartened. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

9 h ·
In tropical Singapore, air conditioners are a significant source of our emissions. So as we pursue our climate ambitions, how can we design efficient aircon systems that can reduce our carbon footprint?
This was a question I posed to Ngee Ann Polytechnic students recently during a dialogue. We exchanged thoughts about a wide range of topics, such as the meaning of success, other efforts to encourage sustainability and how our youth can frame tomorrow's challenges and seek their solutions ahead of time.
I am heartened to see the confidence, sense of curiosity and the spirit of lifelong learning in our young people. Looking forward to meeting with more of you in the coming months, as I visit our Institutes of Higher Learning!
Meanwhile, if you have good ideas on how we can live more sustainably, share them with us
1f642.png

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu happy to see everyone having a wonderful time. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

2 h ·
We want our children to better understand the challenges and also grasp the opportunities offered by technology.
My thanks to My Buona Vista volunteers and Central Singapore Community Development Council - CDC for organising ‘My Digital Bootcamp’ for our students.
Through the programme, they helped to equip our children with digital skills, such as building an informational mobile app for seniors and creating AR/VR game tech to encourage sustainable habits.
Happy to see everyone having a wonderful time today!

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu was happy to launch the Children's Festival 2023: Nature's Imaginarium today together with Gardens by the Bay. :smile:

Chan Chun Sing

5 h ·
School holidays are a good opportunity for us to shift focus and look beyond our textbooks.
So I was happy to launch the Children's Festival 2023: Nature's Imaginarium today together with Gardens by the Bay , where learning is an adventure amidst supersized flora and fauna, caterpillar trains, dinosaurs, and roving art trucks. Fun, educational and FOC - with many opportunities for our little ones to connect with nature in different ways
1f642.png
For this year's Children’s Festival, the Gardens is working with partners including @familiesforlife to hold various exciting activities as part of National Family Week. You can check out their other activities at https://go.gov.sg/nationalfamilyweek-2023.
I’m also encouraged by the Gardens' efforts to partner our education institutions and give our students practical, industry exposure. As part of these collaborations, Institute of Technical Education, Singapore students gain real-life experience on landscaping in the Gardens, and will lead tours during the Children's Festival 2023 to share more about horticulture with visitors. National Institute of Education (NIE) and Republic Polytechnic students also partner the Gardens in designing programmes, events and raise awareness together on sustainability and climate change. Thank you for stepping forward!
A garden in a city, our People’s Garden – in so many ways.

jw5

Loyal
Keechiu joined Assisi Hospice today for the Assisi Fun Day. :cool:

Chan Chun Sing

3 h ·
Joined Assisi Hospice today for the Assisi Fun Day, which is making its comeback after a 3-year hiatus. Most apt that this year’s theme is “Kampung United”. I was heartened to see many fellow Singaporeans and community partners come together for a good cause, to raise funds that will go a long way in providing palliative care to patients. My thanks to the volunteers and supporters.
Such kampung spirit in helping those around us tightens the bonds in our community, and fosters a more caring and compassionate society in Singapore.
1f4f8.png
: Assisi Hospice

347555313_812539430230807_8538364600970321187_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Chan Chun Sing

1 d ·

From left: Ms Choo Shiu Ling (CEO of Assisi Hospice), Mr Sherman Kwek (Group CEO of CDL), Mdm Ho Ching (Patron Assisi Hospice), Mr Thomas Teo (Chairman of Assisi Hospice), Mr Darryl David (CEO of SJII)

348285975_812539476897469_928764687427982024_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal

Chan Chun Sing

2 d ·

From left: Mdm Ho Ching (Patron Assisi Hospice), Ms Tjioe Ka In (Executive Director, Tung Lok Millenium Pte Ltd), Mr Sherman Kwek (Group CEO, City Developments Limited), Ms Choo Shiu Ling (CEO of Assisi Hospice), Mr Thomas Teo (Chairman of Assisi Hospice), Mr Darryl David (CEO of SJII), Mr Kwek Eik Sheng (Executive Director, Millennium Hotels and Resorts), Mr Roy Chiang (CEO and President, CBM Pte Ltd)

347238314_812539613564122_8790650637773074213_n.jpg