• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
FERGUSON HAILS UNITED`S ATTITUDE

Sir Alex Ferguson has praised the attitude of Manchester United's squad for adapting to his rotation policy.

United boss Ferguson has regularly changed his team around this season due to injuries and the number of games the club have played.

The alterations have not affected the team's bid for honours, with the Club World Cup and Carling Cup already won, and the Red Devils in a promising position in the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League.

Ferguson concedes it is difficult to leave a player out after an impressive performance, but has hailed the manner in which his players accept the changes.

"The attitude of the players has been marvellous, especially when it comes to the business of being left out," said Ferguson. "There have been no dummies flying out of the pram.

"I hate telling a player that, although he has perhaps just delivered a top-class performance, I will not be using him in the next match.

"It's not nice, but it helps that the players understand."

The United chief also praised the form of John O'Shea, with the versatile Republic of Ireland international having started regularly at right-back in recent weeks.

Ferguson added: "I feel blessed that we have players like John O'Shea, who has stepped in to play out of his skin.

"John has thrived on playing regularly and I'm sure that if I asked him to play at centre-forward he would get us a goal.

"It's great to have such adaptable players and it's one of our strengths as we enter the last lap of the title race."

Yes Fergie. O Shea is one of the better performers this season. The others are Giggsy,Park and Vidic. The two seniors Ferdinand and Scholes need to step up to the plate and please drop Evra n Carrick.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FERGUSON HAILS UNITED`S ATTITUDE...Ferguson added: "I feel blessed that we have players like John O'Shea, who has stepped in to play out of his skin.
"John has thrived on playing regularly and I'm sure that if I asked him to play at centre-forward he would get us a goal.
Yes Fergie. O Shea is one of the better performers this season. The others are Giggsy,Park and Vidic. The two seniors Ferdinand and Scholes need to step up to the plate and please drop Evra n Carrick.
Nah, irish eyes is utility player.. sometime goalie too! Evra's not to bad over lapping. And Carrick's distribution doesn't alter fact he's a softie:p

PS: Aren't we over spat yet? Next epl weekend's almost here, and still gloating (either way)?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah, irish eyes is utility player.. sometime goalie too! Evra's not to bad over lapping. And Carrick's distribution doesn't alter fact he's a softie:p

PS: Aren't we over spat yet? Next epl weekend's almost here, and still gloating (either way)?

Wat spat? I'm lovin it.

Seriously, Evra's confidence is at an all time low since the MM Cup. He's more trouble than help.As for Carrick, his form has taken a knock five games ago. O'Shea can play left and have Neville, Rafael, Fletcher or one of the juniors play right back. I dun think Fabio is ready to play just yet if his recent reserve performance is anything to go by.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curious why you chaps never mentioned Darren Fletcher? I was watching ManU TV last night on starhub, "The Paddy Crerrand Show", where alot of ManU callers/supporters questioned why Fletcher was left out against the Reds and whether he may have made a difference in midfield as compared to Carrick or Anderson. The consensus seems to have been just a "bad day at the office" and things should return to normal service this Saturday against Fulham.:p Oh and Paddy said he would not be surprised if ManU drew Liverpool on Friday for the CL quarterfinal tie:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Curious why you chaps never mentioned Darren Fletcher? I was watching ManU TV last night on starhub, "The Paddy Crerrand Show", where alot of ManU callers/supporters questioned why Fletcher was left out against the Reds and whether he may have made a difference in midfield as compared to Carrick or Anderson. The consensus seems to have been just a "bad day at the office" and things should return to normal service this Saturday against Fulham.:p Oh and Paddy said he would not be surprised if ManU drew Liverpool on Friday for the CL quarterfinal tie:biggrin:

Those Man U callers were probably shell shocked and deluded I might add or they were just trying to look for an excuse for the embarassing defeat. Man Utd has never been and can never be a one man team.

The problems were across the board-from players who have inexplicably lost their form, confidence to those who are just plain inconsistent. They have had a tough two weeks of league and cup competition and going into the game with Pool, I feel Fletcher would have been a better choice but I am not going to kid myself into believing that the scoreline would have been any different.

Pool were well rested, focus and look really sharp. The strategy of soak and strike was well executed and I just love it when a plan comes together.

Bro, I hope we get u guys in CL draw.:eek::smile:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal

remember how the hungarians lost to w germany in the 1958 world cup...remember hor

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps, but I think the Fletcher issue was raised because on balance United appeared to have lost out in the middle of the park. Paddy seemed to say as much, he did not think Ronny, Rooney and Tevez were more accountable.

Those Man U callers were probably shell shocked and deluded I might add or they were just trying to look for an excuse for the embarassing defeat. Man Utd has never been and can never be a one man team.

The problems were across the board-from players who have inexplicably lost their form, confidence to those who are just plain inconsistent. They have had a tough two weeks of league and cup competition and going into the game with Pool, I feel Fletcher would have been a better choice but I am not going to kid myself into believing that the scoreline would have been any different.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
So?...Yes Puskas and the rest of the Magyars were great, however close but no cigar. Same could be said for total football of Le Orange led by the great Cruyff in 74' and once again beaten by none other than the Germans.

remember how the hungarians lost to w germany in the 1958 world cup...remember hor

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
So?...Yes Puskas and the rest of the Magyars were great, however close but no cigar. Same could be said for total football of Le Orange led by the great Cruyff in 74' and once again beaten by none other than the Germans.

ok little noob, if you are trying to impress uncle with your knowledge of world cup history, uncle will have to fail you because you are out of point...uncle is just trying to re-teach you the lesson of 1958..... u understand anot? u want tme to go thru again?

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here's why I want United to meet Pool in CL-QTF,SF or Final. If I were Benitez, I'd shut my mouth and stop acting like I've won CL or EPL. PLEASE,PLEASE give us Pool.:mad:

Benitez Hails Liverpool As 'Best In Europe'
The Spaniard believes that recent giant-killing results, together with his side's track-record in the Champions League, prove that Liverpool are the best of the best...
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is not fazed by the fact that the Premier League crown, Champions League trophy, and FIFA World Club championship are all proudly on display in Manchester United's trophy cabinet.

The FIFA World Player of the Year and individual accolade accumulator - Cristiano Ronaldo - is also on the books there, yet Benitez believes his Liverpool side are the "best in Europe" following his club's 4-1 mauling of United at Old Trafford on Saturday.

Liverpool Boss Benitez Urges Teams To Attack Manchester United
The shrewd Spaniard feels that others have been shown the way by his side's perfromance at Old Trafford yesterday...

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez thinks that his side's 4-1 mauling of Manchester United at Old Trafford yesterday has given a guiding a light for the rest of the Premier League to follow. Benitez says his team have shown that the Red Devils are vulnerable and can be unsettled.

He argues that if sides attack United, as Liverpool did yesterday, then they will enjoy more success than they thought possible. United's defenders, he states, are rarely put under serious pressure but when they are, Ferdinand and Vidic do have a tendancy to wobble.

"We have shown the way," the Reds manager told The Manchester Evening News.

"United have been playing with so much confidence. At least people will now see that they can lose.

"The message is there for everyone. In attack they are fantastic. You can see the quality they have. But, in defence, they have some weaknesses and we tried to exploit them."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
One good week and they're saying every other team is afraid of them.What a load of bull!!:(

Steven Gerrard: Teams Fear Liverpool Now
The Reds skipper claims that potential opponents have far more to fear from his side than vice versa...

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is in confident mood ahead of the draw for the Champions League quarter-finals, claiming that the Merseysiders are now the team that everyone else would like to avoid.

The Reds certainly made the rest of the continent sit up and take notice of them when they destroyed Real Madrid 5-0 over two legs, including a 4-0 battering at Anfield, and Gerrard believes that Rafa Benitez's men now have a sharp psychological edge over everyone else in the tournament.

"We are not running scared of anybody, we will take who we get and believe that we are going to go through," the England international told Setanta Sports News.

"If you are asking me about a fear factor in the Champions League, then I think it is the other seven teams in the draw who are going to have concerns about coming up against us after that Real Madrid result.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
United have a great chance of defending their title. Playing Porto or Villareal would be better as this will give them some breathing room to consolidate their league position. There is a good chance they will meet Arsenal 4 times this season but seriously Porto is no pushover.
If United were to play the way they did against Inter, even the lesser teams like Porto can beat them. My money is on a repeat of last year's final. Vidic and Ron to score.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't believe these grown up men are arguing over expenses. Haiz.... Benitez should not forget United won close to 50 million pounds by winning league and CL. In so many words Man U spent money that they earned and that exludes merchandizing.:eek:

Ferguson: Liverpool Boss Benitez Has Spent More Than Manchester United
Rival Premier League managers Sir Alex Ferguson and Rafa Benitez have found something else to disagree about...

Rafael Benitez might have got the better of Sir Alex Ferguson last weekend, when Liverpool went t oOld Trafford and resoundingly beat Manchester United 4-1, but the Scot has taken a snipe at the Spaniard by refuting Benitez's claim that Ferguson has spent more on transfers.

Benitez said last week that Ferguson had spent £100million more on players than he had, but the United boss was far from convinced and instructed his staff to calculate each manager's spending since Benitez took charge at Anfield five years ago.

According to United's figures, Benitez has spent £24 million more than Ferguson - and the Scot expects his Liverpool adversary to outspend him again significantly this summer.

Ferguson is quoted by ITV Sport as saying, "I was amazed at that one. I got some of the people in the sports technology department to check that out.

"He's well ahead of us in spending in the last five years.

"He said our spending power is more than theirs but he has spent £24 million more than we have.

"I think you will see Rafa producing an absolute spending spree [this summer], I think that's an absolute certainty now he has signed a new contract.

"There's talk about a recession but I don't think there will be one at Liverpool this year."

ITV Sport calculate that in terms of net spending - taking into account income from player sales - the clubs are roughly equal. Liverpool's net spending on players over the last five years is £82.5 million, while United's has been £85.5 million. Chelsea spent £154.8 million net on players over the same period, while Arsenal splashed just £3.4 million in net terms.

Ferguson also claimed that while his policy involved developing home-grown talent through United's youth system, as well as signing established stars, Benitez was more focused on bringing in established players.

He said: "There's a balance - we have signed 18 players in the last five years and eight of those have been young players. There's a balance, it's about doing the thing correctly."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fulham 2 Man Utd 0

Wat backlash,whiplash or whatever. United is in crisis. 2 red card and automatic suspensions. What a game!! As usual Fergie farked this up badly when Rooney was left on the bench. :eek:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello, fulham played with 11 men plus the ref. did u even watch the build up to their 2nd goal? one of their guys stuck a high boot in evra's face, the bugger ref let play go on. no card, not even a foul? then they scored. seems it had to be murder of any utd player for him to stop the game, considering how ronaldo was continuously kicked off the pitch and none of the got so much as a card. on the other hand, rooney just throws the ball back to restart the game, and he gets his marching orders. Haha i'd think shamsul maidin or one of the sleague refs could have done better.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
hello, fulham played with 11 men plus the ref. did u even watch the build up to their 2nd goal? one of their guys stuck a high boot in evra's face, the bugger ref let play go on. no card, not even a foul? then they scored. seems it had to be murder of any utd player for him to stop the game, considering how ronaldo was continuously kicked off the pitch and none of the got so much as a card. on the other hand, rooney just throws the ball back to restart the game, and he gets his marching orders. Haha i'd think shamsul maidin or one of the sleague refs could have done better.

You just can't take things for granted when u play in London. Craven Cottage is not one of their favorite grounds. You can only build confidence by playing your strongest 11 especially after losing heavily @home.

I felt Roon and Scholes deserve their marching orders. It doesn't matter whether we lose 2-0 or 1-0. The fact of the matter is we couldn't even get on the scoresheet. Troubled times ahead.

I am glad Chelsea lost tonite. Let's cheer on Aston Villa tomorrow. C'mon VILLA!!!!!!!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..fact of the matter is we couldn't even get on the scoresheet. Troubled times ahead.
I am glad Chelsea lost tonite. Let's cheer on Aston Villa tomorrow. C'mon VILLA!!!!!!!!!
Not sorry I missed watching game. Dismayed by alerts though, more so by 2 red cards (kns, makes 3 on 2 consecutive weekends). Scousers must be over the moon

Always statistical probability we cannot expect not to flounder. But 2 sequential bummers (and way we undid ourselves) hard to swallow.:o

Saving grace was blues koyak too, and yeah... hope villains are true to their name tmrw:p

Last edited:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Calling Wayne Piew, calling Wayne Piew...perhaps "The Times They Are a-Changin"?:smile:

Btw was Scholes trying out for VDS' job?:biggrin:...Sorry mate just could not resist the dig:p "Squeaky Bum Time" Bro, not just for Unted but for all possible contenders. Chelsea gave United a pass, now I wonder what shall happen tonight at Anfield?:confused: