• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thin ones may be whole wheat chapati (yes definitely the healthiest of the lot).

Prata too unhealthy for my not so healthy body size he he...

Mustafa got sell parathas (frozen type). I bought some to try, very thin pancakes, more healthy with whole wheat version...but i still prefer prata.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats sound advice.

Lots of information to gather and absorb. Quite a painful process that.

And yes lots of questions will follow...

Read up first, because there is a lot of info to absorb, check out the many possible developments personally and then ask all the questions you may still need to because many of us will be happy to try and assist.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mallow,

Seek your expert comments on the nightlife situation in JB (not the sleazy variety).

The one you can bring your wife to.... Good and decent pubs. Are there any?

I visit one O Reilly's at Taman Molek

O'REILLY'S Irish Tavern & Grill
54, Jalan Molek 2/2,
Taman Molek,
81100 Johor Bahru.

Quite a nice place. I especially like the group of 3 who sing there (can shame the singers at the Raffles Hotel Long Bar)

http://j-travel.blogspot.com/2010/12/oreillys-irish-tavern-grill-at-taman.html

Decent food as well (dun like their chicken wings though)

The salads are great.

Would you be kind enough to add to the list or comment?

This does not extend to bars, cafes, and many open areas.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear learned forumers I am new here even though I have been following the thread for a year as visitor and am amazed at the camarederie of this group. Keep it up!

I have a question and sincerely hope any of you could assist me with an answer. If I have booked a house from the developer and paid the 1k deposit, can I revert my decision not to proceed with the purchase? Any costs hidden or otherwise involved?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Signature Kitchen has a promotion for their Stello wardrobe. Was at their showroom at Taman Molek yesterday, and saw that the biggest size, 10 feet, is about RM3K plus... They will come measure and make to order to fit in exactly what you need in your room. Hope this helps..

http://www.signaturekitchen.com.my/stello.php

Matix, just one question, are their wardrobe standard colour? Or we can have a variety to chose from?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

You can consider the following contractors -

Mr Chan, hp : 012-721-8512
Did our front gate / wall (yes, we replaced the original gate and re-build the wall; quite common in Austin Heights). Reliable & trustworthy. His company does interior design and full reno for houses / retail shops both in Malaysia and Spore.

Mr Kenny Lee, hp : 019-733-3099
Recommended byour neighbour. Provided us with quotation for front gate / wall too, but we preferred Mr Chan's design. I was told he is the main contractor for at least few hundred units in Austin Heights (I am not sure if this is true). In any case, I am sure many owners living here know him as he greeted quite a number of them when he brought us around to look at units renovated by his company. Some owners even provide him with spare keys in case their house alarm goes off when no one is at home. We did get him to modify our water pipes to direct source and install water heater (storage tank type).

For water heater / pipes, direct contact is Mr Loke, hp : 014-619-6688. May be cheaper to contact him directly. Again, many owners here seem to know him...

Btw, those living in HH, ST, EL, ND ..etc, do you have a low water pressure issue? When we first moved in, we found out that low water pressure is normal because the water flows from the water tank placed in the ceiling. Only the kitchen tap gets direct water supply. Hence we spent about RM1300 to modify pipings so that water points receive direct water source. This is quite common, but some choose to install water pump. We also paid RM700 to change some pipes to stainless steel type that can withstand the strong water pressure from direct source. Now, we can have nice showers; and watering plants and washing cars become easier ...

My hubby bought the T joints and the Pipes from the shops at ST's Livistonia Square, then did the conversion to direct water source himself. Costed about RM$290 in total. Now water pressure is very good.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think i did not mention that this guy also told me that the dental treatment is Rm2. Just imagine in Singapore a Root Canal Treatment can set you back by a minimum of S$ 3000 (upwards) depending on where you do it, the material of the crown, expertise of doctor, location etc.

I never did any of my Root Canals here in Sg. I can buy a flight ticket out complete my root canal, come back and still sometimes have money to spare.

Professor, my hubby will be looking to do an implant soon. Any suggestions?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thin ones may be whole wheat chapati (yes definitely the healthiest of the lot).

Prata too unhealthy for my not so healthy body size he he...

Actually, you can cook pratas without oils for instants ones selling at giant or ntuc. You just need to on medium to low heat and let it fluff up on its own. Turning occasionally. Takes a bit of patience. But I do it cause I find it more healthy. Outside selling use a lot of oil because its faster to cook and less easy to get burnt.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid Rm 350.

The pressure at Setia Tropika after conversion quite good right?

Every toilet and everywhere else as well pressure is fantastic.

Question is why dun they offer it direct then?

There must be an explanation for this right?

My hubby bought the T joints and the Pipes from the shops at ST's Livistonia Square, then did the conversion to direct water source himself. Costed about RM$290 in total. Now water pressure is very good.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what i heard was definitely true after all.

Just imagine Rm 1 and then Rm 20....

Phew and we pay a lot more than that (S$65--old rate) and still dun get warded!!!

Lots of govt hospitals and reasonably good treatment.

Lotsa A & E for me last year. The subsidised rate was S$99 on consultation and more for medication. So imagine how much we can save on medical cost if we have an elderly who needs medical attentions regularly. I wonder how much their A & E charges?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid Rm 350.

The pressure at Setia Tropika after conversion quite good right?

Every toilet and everywhere else as well pressure is fantastic.

Question is why dun they offer it direct then?

There must be an explanation for this right?

I remember Aaron was the one providing the photos images of the plan for the conversion right? My hubby just followed it exactly and the water pressure was fastastic after that.

I think its easier for them to connect it to the water tank instead of directly. Cost more to do it too. But sinces house have become more expensive, I hope this will be done for in the future precinct. Same as the TNB cables, all future precinct will be underground.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Implants?

Then implantologist is a must.

Suggestions if in Spore no choice NDC is the best IMHO.

If overseas depends on which country you wanna fly to and do it.

Couple of dentists in Johor but i cant vouch for their service/quality.

Professor, my hubby will be looking to do an implant soon. Any suggestions?

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah it was Aaron who posted the wonderful sketches on conversions.

For me.... I am no good at DIY.

So no choice .... called an indonesian worker to do it for me.

I remember Aaron was the one providing the photos images of the plan for the conversion right? My hubby just followed it exactly and the water pressure was fastastic after that.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah it was Aaron who posted the wonderful sketches on conversions.

For me.... I am no good at DIY.

So no choice .... called an indonesian worker to do it for me.

yeah. My hubby a DIY man. Just like Aaron, can save a lot of money doing it yourself. But I think money not an issue for you lah.....But it is for me. Was suggesting him to pickup carpentry as well, but he said he is not good at wood work. LOL!

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mallow, Seek your expert comments on the nightlife situation in JB (not the sleazy variety). The one you can bring your wife to.... Good and decent pubs. Are there any?
Would you be kind enough to add to the list or comment?

Hi AP - much as I would like to, right now I cannot as I'm not a nightlife kinda gal. Will certainly begin immediately to find out and let you know soon. The good thing I have rediscovered in Johor, after missing it for literally decades in Singapore, is that people are keen to attend home parties when it is not a birthday or festival like Christmas or CNY, and actually have the time to do this. All sorts of parties: bbqs, full dinners, everyone-bring-a-dish buffets, celebrations of everything, going somewhere or coming back from somewhere, or for no real reason at all. Sometimes it's called "fellowship", a Rotary term, borrowed without excuse for a rave up. Music and singing with real guitars and piano, sometimes even a jam. These sorts of friendly things happened in Singapore before the 1970s and anti-Yellow Culture was proclaimed, which banned live music in nightclubs and a host of other 'hippie' things.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi AP - much as I would like to, right now I cannot as I'm not a nightlife kinda gal. Will certainly begin immediately to find out and let you know soon. The good thing I have rediscovered in Johor, after missing it for literally decades in Singapore, is that people are keen to attend home parties when it is not a birthday or festival like Christmas or CNY, and actually have the time to do this. All sorts of parties: bbqs, full dinners, everyone-bring-a-dish buffets, celebrations of everything, going somewhere or coming back from somewhere, or for no real reason at all. Sometimes it's called "fellowship", a Rotary term, borrowed without excuse for a rave up. Music and singing with real guitars and piano, sometimes even a jam. These sorts of friendly things happened in Singapore before the 1970s and anti-Yellow Culture was proclaimed, which banned live music in nightclubs and a host of other 'hippie' things.

Is it true? I haven't got to go to one of these parties yet. Those that we have in Singapore always comes with either Tupperware or MLM sales pitch. Always done with a motive. Sian liao. For me....

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://findarticles.com/p/news-artic.../ai_n57323666/

July launch for exclusive condos in Danga Bay
by Ravi Nambiar

AZEA Properties, the Singapore consortium behind Johor's latest high-end condominium project in Danga Bay, is targeting to hold its first sales launch in July this year.

To be called Azea Properties @ Danga Bay (APDA), the exclusive development on 4.15 acres of prime waterfront land will comprise four luxury serviced apartment blocks, each 40 storeys high.

Its main proponent and brainchild Tan Yang Po said she anticipates no problems with sales as "the first block of 200 units has already been fully booked".

"In fact, response has been so overwhelming we have now started taking bookings for the second block," she said.

Tan, through her Singapore incorporated company, Imperial Marina Pte Ltd, is partnering two companies linked to local property and construction tycoon Datuk Lim Kang Hoo to spearhead the development.

The Singaporean will hold a 30 per cent equity in the development while the local joint-venture partners - Danga Bay Sdn Bhd and Pembinaan Sahabatjaya Sdn Bhd - will have a 37 per cent and 33 per cent share respectively.

Tan said the first block has been booked mainly by Singaporeans, Japanese, South Koreans, Taiwanese and Indonesians.
"They are attracted by the development's design and features which are comparable to some of the best in Singapore but without the same price tag.

"They are also confident that we, as the Singapore partner, will ensure that the development will be meticulously planned, executed and delivered to purchasers as promised."

APDA's expected gross development value of RM500 million will be derived from the sale of 800 residential units as well as shops that will be integrated into the development.

Initially, the units will be tagged from RM698psf - a benchmark for Johor Baru - with a typical one-room studio going for RM315,000 and a penthouse for over RM1 million each.

Subsequently, Tan said, prices will be revised upwards to RM750psf due to public response and the long waiting list for units in the second block.

Purchasers can expect their investment to come with top quality features such as extensively landscaped parks, seven floors of car- parking, observation lifts, infinity pools as well as world-class security systems.

Work on APDA, which will be along the former Lido Beach and involving major land reclamation works, will commence later this year with completion scheduled for 2014.

Danga Bay's joint venture with Imperial Marina is the second land deal it has done - in August, its subsidiary Iskandar Waterfront entered into a 60:40 partnership with Dijaya Corp Bhd for a high- end condominium and retail units on 37 acres.

The company owns 250 acres of prime waterfront land fronting the Straits of Johor and overlooking Singapore.

Copyright 2011
Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning Company. All rights Reserved.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Cathy, if you read my posts you will notice i would love to find good bargains all the time.
Regarding DIY i am really no good at it. I am so scared to DIY cause im worried what if i end up damaging the surface instead. In that scenario i would have lost more. Hence i just pay for it.

You are right... Its a lot of money down the drain. Can be better spent on good massages instead.

yeah. My hubby a DIY man. Just like Aaron, can save a lot of money doing it yourself. But I think money not an issue for you lah.....But it is for me. Was suggesting him to pickup carpentry as well, but he said he is not good at wood work. LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.