• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knew it early, but chose to continue to help but finding myself getting frustrated over this and realizing that it's all not worth while. So gonna change the way I see and do things

and there is another kind , considered regular as in regular in asking questions but never help to other ppl , this type ignore too !!!....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ops, sorry to have gotten u agitated this early morning. Seems like you suffered a lot of pain hehe

oh , not agitated la , its a sunny Friday !
jus that i really cant tahan all this SUPER SELFISH PPL !! they dun deserve to live in JB and create a bad name for singaporeans!

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used Daniel's services. His workers helped to wrap up furniture and electrical appliances. No boxes provided though. Got to get your own. His driver is quite helpful. Though it only allow one for each kind of electrical appliances, the driver is willing to take more than the item listed in the inventory list. He is even willing to help you bring in your liquor if you conceal them in boxes. But this is between you and the driver. For bulky items like piano, you got to take extra care, make sure they secure it properly. I got some damage to my tv console and piano. Generally, if you have electrical items to bring over, it is good to hire a mover as they will apply import permit for you which is tax free.
From what I noticed during my move, the custom officer always ask if I have any electrical appliances. So to avoid paying taxes to them, use a mover.

Movers n import taxes,

Not sure about using other movers about import taxes, before I use Chl movers, I have enquiries from afew other movers, most of them were either very expensive, sounds calculative, asked for invoices ( even for used items) photocopied of ic, passport etc and told me that if custom were to tax, i neec to pay, some claimed that they would only delivery till your car porch, so it's still better to check,

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree bro.

Anyway regarding your last sentence, don't even feel like providing any more info to these group of people, especially newbies with less than 50 posts. Got numerous PMs also but so many just take info and run. Like we are the info machine and like we don't have better use of our time than to attend to them. Not creating an anti sentiments but these are all factual observations and experiences.

Sometimes I really don't know how bro wuqi puts up with all these but he certainly has my top respects.

Wa, good morning!! Saw yr post, about min 50 posts... Got worried n checked if mine is min 50 posts, phew!!! More than that.. Heng heng...

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
at LF, not HH, so just for reference. walk around your neighborhood, look for a small green color junction box, usually found on top ofa low concrete block. It has TM stickers on the surface. The box is where the external fiber optic cables ended and it contains a junction block with a connection to each house covered by the particular box. Only when the house owner subscribes to unifi thent TM technician will pay a visit to add a cable from the said box to the house. You have to provide 4 power points for the 4 gadgets that come with the installation--a modem, a router, a TV top box, and a phone charger.

If you are installing Unifi to surf the internet, then I think it is not so worthwhile. I have subscribe to their basic plan which is for a internet, internet phone line and basic Hypp TV channels costing M$149 and is for a 2 year plan. The basic TV channels basically nothing interesting unless you subscribe to more channels and pay more. I am just looking to the day when the plan stops as it is quite ex for internet which is the reason why I signed up to Unifi then and for TV programs, those from Sg is good enough.

For TV channels, the better choice is Astro as most locals recommend this but I have not subscribe yet.

I have also got a Yes 4G subscription which allows you to bring the portable modem anywhere throughout Msia (except some remote places) and the price plan is M$68 for 3 Gb of data per month plus the price of the portable modem. his modem can let a few computers or smart phone to hook up and surf together.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you are installing Unifi to surf the internet, then I think it is not so worthwhile. I have subscribe to their basic plan which is for a internet, internet phone line and basic Hypp TV channels costing M$149 and is for a 2 year plan. The basic TV channels basically nothing interesting unless you subscribe to more channels and pay more. I am just looking to the day when the plan stops as it is quite ex for internet which is the reason why I signed up to Unifi then and for TV programs, those from Sg is good enough.

For TV channels, the better choice is Astro as most locals recommend this but I have not subscribe yet.

I have also got a Yes 4G subscription which allows you to bring the portable modem anywhere throughout Msia (except some remote places) and the price plan is M$68 for 3 Gb of data per month plus the price of the portable modem. his modem can let a few computers or smart phone to hook up and surf together.

All bros here , got a 4G yes - hot spot modem , going off at half price for RM200 , ( shop sell at rm399 ) . Any one interested can PM me . Thanks

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's right, the junction box is outside. Have to pull the cable in and mount a small terminal block outside the house and then pull it into the unit.

This is a query for those who had Unifi broadband installed. I am told that the fibre optics cable has to the "pulled" from junction box outside the house to the connection point inside the house!!! I thought that houses in HH have fiber optics cables already installed and need only to be activated when the lines are connected!!! Can someone who has had Unifi installed clarifying this confusion that I am facing. Thanks very much.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have something to share, my in-laws using the portable modem by P1 and it doesn't allow multiple users to login together.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have something to share, my in-laws using the portable modem by P1 and it doesn't allow multiple users to login together.

The Yes plan is different from the telco P1 and the plan also have a internet phone number.

It is good reception along the N-S highway and in KL too but could not get reception at Kota Tinggi area.

Once my Unifi plan ends, I would just use this Yes 4G subscription as it is also fast cos 4G as well as cheaper with no plan to tied you down.

angelgemini

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes 4G plan for limited data only. Still need unifi if downloading right?
Astro is very expensive. My family also stop Astro already and just download using streamyx and watch at TV.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Astro is great for sports channels but their (basic + sports package) is around RM 100 leh.....not exactly cheap for JB stds. Gd thing is unlike SG, their sports channel is not a rip-off.... haha......

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
and there is another kind , considered regular as in regular in asking questions but never help to other ppl , this type ignore too !!!....

Who are you referring? Luckily, I am a regular who have answered your question before - in details - not one sentence type of answer. You cannot be referring to me, right?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
View from KSL resort buffet restaurant.
713d149c.jpg

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are you referring? Luckily, I am a regular who have answered your question before - in details - not one sentence type of answer. You cannot be referring to me, right?

In all honesty, I am a newbie. The reason I came on board this forum is because I am a newbie with many question marks on my head.

I am sure all newbies who came onto this forum came here with thousands of question marks and would be grateful if anyone here could provide some suggestions or solutions to their enquiries.

I mean, the thread reads "A Singaporean's guide to Living In JB" So naturally everyone thinks this is the place where they can ask questions. Which I think is a very very good place because of all the helpful bros and sis over here! :smile:

As the saying goes, a good deed goes a long way! You never know how grateful a newbie will be when his/her questions have been answer. I for 1 is very grateful for all the answers that have been provided by each and everyone. Thank you! =)

On the other hand, I am sure, if the seniors here have any questions that they have and the newbies know how to answer, I believe they will repay back by answering.

So, the "lao jiao"s here must take care of us new birds lehz.... hee... :smile:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well it's not only for the "fast" Internet BUT also the TV. Yes I will upgrade the TV package, hopefully there will be a package that includes the Chinese serials. Wife likes the Taiwan series!!! Kids the cartoon, me I'm going o play GOLF:biggrin:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Diffinately not you lo, thousand over post, got reputation n power,

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Diffinately not you lo, thousand over post, got reputation n power,

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In all honesty, I am a newbie. The reason I came on board this forum is because I am a newbie with many question marks on my head.

I am sure all newbies who came onto this forum came here with thousands of question marks and would be grateful if anyone here could provide some suggestions or solutions to their enquiries.

I mean, the thread reads "A Singaporean's guide to Living In JB" So naturally everyone thinks this is the place where they can ask questions. Which I think is a very very good place because of all the helpful bros and sis over here! :smile:

As the saying goes, a good deed goes a long way! You never know how grateful a newbie will be when his/her questions have been answer. I for 1 is very grateful for all the answers that have been provided by each and everyone. Thank you! =)

On the other hand, I am sure, if the seniors here have any questions that they have and the newbies know how to answer, I believe they will repay back by answering.

So, the "lao jiao"s here must take care of us new birds lehz.... hee... :smile:

Seriously, everyone here started as a newbie. I was one too back in Nov 2010. What I did was to read up the entire thread before asking question, even then I also have the eperience of people dont answer me too before.

But now that the thread is so long, I can understand it is also difficult to read in entirety, on the other hand people sometimes ask questions that have been answered before. Not sure what is the solution, may be the thread has become too long or may be people who have the knowledge and want to answer can answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.