• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks alot!

Got this info from a blogger's site.

We lucked onto a really nice young guy from a very decent company who will move household stuff at a very reasonable cost from Singapore to your doorstep. Having checked with many others, I am sure their rates cannot be topped.

There are many considerations you may not know about: customs rules and regulations, complicated paperwork, the many counters and approvals required, timing at the causeways, reliable workers (a BIG consideration) and their working hours, and their break times … all sorts.

This company has wide experience and is very pleasant to deal with as well.

NOTE: You must specify if you need the stuff unloaded and placed in your house.

Daniel Siew (Marketing Executive)
Green Land Logistic Sdn Bhd (716062-X)
Mobile +6016 771 0912 <> Tel +607-557 8005 <> Fax +607-557 2005
No.11 & 11A, Jalan Impian Emas 5/5, Taman Impian Emas, 81300 Skudai, Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Got this info from a blogger's site.

We lucked onto a really nice young guy from a very decent company who will move household stuff at a very reasonable cost from Singapore to your doorstep. Having checked with many others, I am sure their rates cannot be topped.

There are many considerations you may not know about: customs rules and regulations, complicated paperwork, the many counters and approvals required, timing at the causeways, reliable workers (a BIG consideration) and their working hours, and their break times … all sorts.

This company has wide experience and is very pleasant to deal with as well.

NOTE: You must specify if you need the stuff unloaded and placed in your house.

Daniel Siew (Marketing Executive)
Green Land Logistic Sdn Bhd (716062-X)
Mobile +6016 771 0912 <> Tel +607-557 8005 <> Fax +607-557 2005
No.11 & 11A, Jalan Impian Emas 5/5, Taman Impian Emas, 81300 Skudai, Johor Darul Takzim, Malaysia.

Thank you so much for sharing this Captain, this is very useful! :smile:

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
Setting sun, casting lingering shadows upon the greying shores
Crashing waves from the tide, flowing in with discarded toys
People leaving, setting sail, some still waiting for that gale.

Sadly, some without a choice, their sorrow without a voice.
Cries unheard, tears unseen, leaving behind festering greed.
Vacating their place, tired of seeing another uncaring face.

Gleeful fly feeding on yet another, people rushing crestfallen.
Nary a smiling brow as they just staggered on with a frown.
Dying preferred to being ill, like a used battery dumped in the fields.

What have we become, where are we going?
Where the promised alpine land once stood, only ruins awaits the
ones that were lost.

The dream that once was is no more, press on, return not back
to the forsaken shore.

Very nice poem wuqi! Mind if I share on my facebook?

Also, does anyone knows if it's cheaper to buy tv in singapore or JB? If buy from Singapore bring to JB, will we kanna tax @ custom?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha Crystal! Ur news so fast yeah!!!

haha , understand the showhouse doesnt come with the fans ...
U may want to buy it from KDK though not much design .
I personally find that the pelangi branch prices is little cheaper than johor jaya ...
I bought 2 stand fans last yr , still working gd ....
I never been to your development before , JB is really so big with so many lands to build houses.

http://www.kdk.com.my/dealer2.asp?id=1

Last edited:

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha , understand the showhouse doesnt come with the fans ...
U may want to buy it from KDK though not much design .
I personally find that the pelangi branch prices is little cheaper than johor jaya ...
I bought 2 stand fans last yr , still working gd ....
I never been to your development before , JB is really so big with so many lands to build houses.

http://www.kdk.com.my/dealer2.asp?id=1

Thank you for the info!! Still have alot of things to ask from u all seniors. Esp u & wuqi!! hee.. :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for the info!! Still have alot of things to ask from u all seniors. Esp u & wuqi!! hee.. :biggrin:

yes , feel free to ask ...

So far for the banks , my preference is CIMB , Hong Leong Bank ....

Ah , if u open hong leong bank , can get the hello kitty debit card for Summer ! she will loves it .
I got one but not sure now still have or not...
Are u guys still driving hello kitty sticker car ?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
any movers to recommend?
shifting from Spore to JB.

Try chl movers, 9729 2720 Alex, he will come to your place to access yr items, I have used his service 5 times, he will wrap yr items, n send to Jb, don need any declaration documentation, paid only when items reach yr place. They will help with furniture placement too. Price negotiable.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try chl movers, 9729 2720 Alex, he will come to your place to access yr items, I have used his service 5 times, he will wrap yr items, n send to Jb, don need any declaration documentation, paid only when items reach yr place. They will help with furniture placement too. Price negotiable.

Hi Sis Sanur, they will come to do the packing and wrapping of the items to be moved? Spoke to Daniel from Grren land, he informed me that they only move NO PACKING OR WRAPPING of furniture items! Apparently have to get own cartons also for the packing.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sis Sanur, they will come to do the packing and wrapping of the items to be moved? Spoke to Daniel from Grren land, he informed me that they only move NO PACKING OR WRAPPING of furniture items! Apparently have to get own cartons also for the packing.

wow , u gg to move the whole house there ?
Uproot to JB ?
luckily for me , i just need to pack clothings, shoes and bags .... everything else buy in JB!

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh as pAcking of clothes n small items am not sure, u can check with them. The wrapping of furniture they did for me, ok mayb u need to check with them too. As they put protection n those strink wrap for me, is good to give Alex a call, he will have a look at yr items n advice you , no obligation..One of the reason I used him was, no need to do comPlicated documentation, just a list of items,

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Sanur. Will give Alex a call and work from there.
Not the "whole house" lah...:eek: Just some furniture that have collected over the years and also some Electrics. Have also bought some furniture here. My better halve not so like the furnishings in JB so getting some from here. Hopefully no get tax, better at all, BUT if kena , maybe not so much.......:p

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the "whole house" lah...:eek: Just some furniture that have collected over the years and also some Electrics. Have also bought some furniture here. My better halve not so like the furnishings in JB so getting some from here. Hopefully no get tax, better at all, BUT if kena , maybe not so much.......:p

ya jb furnishings not so nice , so prob i will make a trip to KL with my neighbour and order from there....

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Narmi,

In the end, was resolved as it turned out to be ok as there was some miscommunication.

Today was a good day, a good closure to a pretty bad couple of weeks. As i am still working through the cold of the night, my heart feels very warm. I am very glad and honoured to have good friends with me. People who called and offer assistance and company. People who tried to help in an unmarked envelope. Thank you so much, very grateful and very honoured.

Wuqi bro glad to hear its resolved and all is well. I knOw that familiar warm feeling it just fills u up in a way that cant be exPlained and i dunno abt u but i will sumhow break into a smile :smile:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

So far my furnitures r all brand new from Singapore n no tax le

Status
Not open for further replies.