• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Island wide DBAss / POSB ATM Down

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why lidat ar? DBAss pok kai leow izit?? :biggrin::biggrin:

World cup fever...too many bookies making withdrawals or deposits & DBass/Postbum....was caught "OFF GUARD"..it is another 4 years thing...

I thought it was only my area..all the POSB ATMs was down including the POSB Branch, hmmmm I think they were caught "off guard"...whole of SINgapore...damn!:p

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep ...my area as well.

Fucking BABOON running the bank...........lucky got UOB

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All ATM empty because need to take out cash pay bookie and all cash deposit also full because deposit to gambler acc if winning.

SQguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another world class news......turning in to a third world country the infrastructure is failing.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
All ATM empty because need to take out cash pay bookie and all cash deposit also full because deposit to gambler acc if winning.

Lousy excuse lah.

UOB, OCBC where got island wide breakdowns? EVER!

Sounds like a MUTINY is happening in the ASSbank.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maybe...sumbody will make a Hilter movie out of dis...
Furer...i m sad 2 inform u all ATM in sinkieland is down...
....can all those shoulder no flower pls leave the rm...
....kknbccb! i open a dbass a/c to draw moni go geyland kio kway! Now all down how i draw moni?? CCB u xpect me 2 stay in Hotel 81 pcc izit?? :oIo::biggrin::p

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore News

DBS, POSB ATMs islandwide are out of service
By Mustafa Shafawi | Posted: 05 July 2010 1022 hrs

SINGAPORE: Several callers to the MediaCorp news hotline said that DBS and POSB ATMs in different parts of the island are out of service.

These include machines at Ang Mo Kio Hub, Bras Basah and Tampines.

It seems that the bank's phone and internet banking services have also been affected.

When contacted, a customer service officer confirmed that ATMs islandwide and internet and phone banking have been affected.

The bank is carrying out maintenance work now. - CNA/vm

Maint work? Shd it not b rectification work? :confused:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
World cup fever...too many bookies making withdrawals or deposits & DBass/Postbum....was caught "OFF GUARD"..it is another 4 years thing...

I thought it was only my area..all the POSB ATMs was down including the POSB Branch, hmmmm I think they were caught "off guard"...whole of SINgapore...damn!:p

Preventive measure 2 stop us frm placing bet with bookie...i bet the system in spore pool is working fine...:biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
DBS/POSB banking services down

Mon, Jul 05, 2010
AsiaOne

POSB and DBS services, including the ATMs and iBanking, are down islandwide, many Singapore residents discovered to their dismay this morning.

At about 9am today, DBS sent out a tweet with the following message:

"#DBS / #POSB banking services are currently unavailable. Visit www.dbs.com for updates. Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused."

In reply to many enquiries from the public on their tweet, they replied "Apologies for the inconvenience. Do follow this account for the latest updates."

On the DBS website, a short message said "Our banking systems (ATM, iBanking, etc) are currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience."

At about 10.30am, DBS updated via their twitter account that the ATM services were up: "Services at most ATMs are now up, and rest are progressively being restored (ibanking, etc). Apologies again for the inconvenience."
In the meantime, netizens have reacted strongly, with Twitter and forums buzzing with reactions about the downtime.

ok case close let move on...happen once in 50 yrs tats y we caught off guard, let move on...btw ebery once a while u oso fall sick sick rite? i b worry if atm dun breakdown ebery now n then...tata:biggrin::biggrin:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
They will rectify the ATMs in tourist areas first. Followed by ATMs in high class areas where FTs normally use them.

HDB and heartlands will have their ATMs rectify LAST. Not a joke!

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why one must have money in more than 1 bank. I pity those who are loyal customers of POSB/DBS.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a long time I kept my POSB account because it has the best ATM coverage. Finally closed it because my current alternative bank has done a good job expanding its ATM & branch network. While POSB branches has gone downhill, always got long lines.

This incident reinforces the decision to close my POSB account because if Spore ever goes bankrupt or famiLee run road, POSB/DBS will be the first to run out of money:biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
HUH?? Now i heard MRT at east side oso down...:rolleyes: I let someone else go start a tread n...own time own target...open fire!! :biggrin::biggrin:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many of the 'state' owned companies are too complacent as they are too 'stable' and there is a lack of real competition within the country. It is also hard to get others to come in as Singapore is too small a market for them to make big money.

As long as there is little competition, Sinkies can forget about getting good service.

For a long time I kept my POSB account because it has the best ATM coverage. Finally closed it because my current alternative bank has done a good job expanding its ATM & branch network. While POSB branches has gone downhill, always got long lines.

This incident reinforces the decision to close my POSB account because if Spore ever goes bankrupt or famiLee run road, POSB/DBS will be the first to run out of money:biggrin: