• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Island wide DBAss / POSB ATM Down

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE'S biggest bank has apologised for what is believed to be its biggest lapse in service so far.:confused:

this 1 biggest lapse meh??

what about a few years ago in hong kong whereby dbs throw away safe deposit boxes which still contained their customers valuables/belongings :eek:
dey say biggest den biggest la ...

evry new lapse is ze biggest lapse ... break iz own record evry time ... goot wat! ...

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
dey say biggest den biggest la ...

evry new lapse is ze biggest lapse ... break iz own record evry time ... goot wat! ...

so the cockups just get bigger and bigger..:biggrin: and to quote lim sway sway : "biggerest" cockup will be coming soon.:biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this 1 biggest lapse meh??

what about a few years ago in hong kong whereby dbs throw away safe deposit boxes which still contained their customers valuables/belongings :eek:

Tat 1 no count...it's de sau thor kah auntie fault...day sack her on de spot liao...:biggrin::biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
ms...頂你唔住....who ask you to open account in dbass wan..??:mad:
you should keep your money with me...
the ever re'lie'able big sexy..:biggrin::biggrin:

....kknbccb! i open a dbass a/c to draw moni go geyland kio kway! Now all down how i draw moni?? CCB u xpect me 2 stay in Hotel 81 pcc izit??

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
last night when i watch news, they interviewed gupta, immediately i thought it was bad pr move on dbs. they put this shifty looking indian guy that look like the dodgy money changer who swear he give me best rates, i straight away didn't trust dbs' explanation!

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you put your money in sperm bang, blood bank, river bang..
also better than in bdass bang la...
so many bank you have to choose assbank
now you make rc laugh until pianz.. :biggrin::biggrin:

But day gib 1 xtra pkt of ang pao chua leh... other bang dun gib:mad: I mus admit...i abit cheapo...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

knn rc put all his moni on bang of prc...throw inside drain still got sound...:p:p

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
DBS moving it's operation to Changi Business Park .

Well DBS we thank you for losing all our hard earn money and colluding with USA .

And hiring those Indians who lost all our money !

jw5

Loyal
Wait a minute, I think I did own Tat Lee. The shares were then converted to Keppel Bank then I was forced to sell when OCBC acquired it :eek:
Keppel Bank took over Tat Lee Bank, it was then called KeppelTatLee Bank.
OCBC took over KeppelTatLee Bank, which ceased to exist.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
may be a bank account with no money??

U r damn right about this one. Indeed there r many ppl here with many bank accounts but without money or too little to skip the service charge.

So base on your points, Indon ppl r better off without a bank to exploit their money instead of safe keeping the money with interests.

Agree with u, we must thank the great PAP for that..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Keppel Bank took over Tat Lee Bank, it was then called KeppelTatLee Bank.
OCBC took over KeppelTatLee Bank, which ceased to exist.

Yes I owned a piece of banking history, at the end of it I lost money in that investment :(

I also had a KeppelTatLee Bank account when I took up a housing loan with them. However when OCBC took over I started having problems because of the periodic interest rate hikes. Caught me "off guard" & had to pay penalties because I didn't have enough funds in my OCBC account, OCBC never waived the penalties even though I topped up within days of being made aware of the error.

I got so fed up with receiving those notices of interest increases that I paid off the loan.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I owned a piece of banking history, at the end of it I lost money in that investment :(

I also had a KeppelTatLee Bank account when I took up a housing loan with them. However when OCBC took over I started having problems because of the periodic interest rate hikes. Caught me "off guard" & had to pay penalties because I didn't have enough funds in my OCBC account, OCBC never waived the penalties even though I topped up within days of being made aware of the error.

I got so fed up with receiving those notices of interest increases that I paid off the loan.

Isn't ocbc from the regime too?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now DBS play Tai Chi. Blame IBM server.
Almost all MNC use zIBM server but no problem. Even if trouble with server sure have back up.
Must be internal IT department human mistake.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Everyone take out all your money from POSB and DBS .
And put into UOB . The best Bank .
Let POSB and DBS go down and beg for forgiveness .
They hire those thousands of Indians who lose our money .
And they invested in India instead of Singapore.

They should have $5,000 minimum for bank account and
minimum withdrawal $300 . So idiots will not have to hoard
the damn teller . Stupid people add to human queue so long .

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
this type of cheapo thing you bery clever.
only you..can dooooo it.. :biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liXPRuU4Bt0
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/liXPRuU4Bt0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/liXPRuU4Bt0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

But day gib 1 xtra pkt of ang pao chua leh... other bang dun gib:mad: I mus admit...i abit cheapo...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this type of cheapo thing you bery clever.
only you..can dooooo it.. :biggrin::biggrin:

Dis 1 u can do better then me... Wat the heck is a system outrage? Of course it's system problem else wun b island wide... Dun day hab a outrage management system for a bang of dis size?? :confused::rolleyes::biggrin:

DBS-POSB ATM disruptions caused by systems outage: IBM
By S Ramesh | Posted: 06 July 2010 1735 hrs

SINGAPORE: Monday's islandwide DBS-POSB ATM disruptions were the result of a systems outage said the bank's vendor IBM.

Replying to queries from Channel News Asia, IBM said it worked with DBS immediately to restore services.

IBM added that it is committed to supporting DBS in continuing to provide high quality services to its customers.

Meanwhile a DBS spokesman told Channel News Asia that it is reviewing and revising its resilience and redundancy plans.

More than 1,000 ATM machines were down on Monday from as early as 3am following the technical glitch.

In its statement on Tuesday, DBS said that as of 10am on Monday, all branch and ATM had resumed normal services.

DBS said it is now conducting a full scale investigation.

DBS group chief executive, Piyush Gupta had on Monday night, ruled out any act of sabotage in this incident. - CNA/vm