• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Island wide DBAss / POSB ATM Down

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rebellion has started!

Led by AhTiongs versus the Ahnehs.

Ah Tiongs really have BALLS!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many of the 'state' owned companies are too complacent as they are too 'stable' and there is a lack of real competition within the country. It is also hard to get others to come in as Singapore is too small a market for them to make big money.

As long as there is little competition, Sinkies can forget about getting good service.

DBS has always had "problems". In its early days I was told that the bank limited the number of ATM cards issued because their system couldn't handle too many concurrent transactions :biggrin:

That's why it's got the reputation for Damn Bloody Slow.

I'm still getting mail sent to my old address even though I have informed DBS numerous times of my new address. I moved 10 years ago:eek:

Still remember the incident in HK when DBS threw away the safety boxes. No one noticed those boxes still had people's valuables in them:biggrin:

Don't expect DBS to improve since it's owned by the local mafia :smile:

The FamiLee is unlikey to relinquish their monopolies because they are making alot of $$$. Fortunately there are alternative in the banking sector May Bank, Citibank,...

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DBS has always had "problems". In its early days I was told that the bank limited the number of ATM cards issued because their system couldn't handle too many concurrent transactions :biggrin:

That's why it's got the reputation for Damn Bloody Slow.

I'm still getting mail sent to my old address even though I have informed DBS numerous times of my new address. I moved 10 years ago:eek:

Still remember the incident in HK when DBS threw away the safety boxes. No one noticed those boxes still had people's valuables in them:biggrin:

Don't expect DBS to improve since it's owned by the local mafia :smile:

The FamiLee is unlikey to relinquish their monopolies because they are making alot of $$$. Fortunately there are alternative in the banking sector May Bank, Citibank,...

No, I used to call them DAMN BLOODY STUPID BANK....the only account I have with them till this day, the rest CLOSED; is my CPFIS Account...

ok ok ok....for convenience I opened the CPFIS account, when in those years they were just opposite my office...and the broking houses were also just nearby..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is the maintenance work done by Foreign Trash?

No by SINgaporeans, & they will point fingers at them, calling them inefficient & unproductive, demanding high salaries & propose that they employ Foreign Talents, who will work at a fraction of their salaries, put in long hours & quality work...and ensure that the servers run 25hrs, 366 days without a breakdown...

:p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, I used to call them DAMN BLOODY STUPID BANK....the only account I have with them till this day, the rest CLOSED; is my CPFIS Account...

ok ok ok....for convenience I opened the CPFIS account, when in those years they were just opposite my office...and the broking houses were also just nearby..

I'd originally gone to Standard Charter to open up my CPF investmet account but there was some kind of mixup with the paperwork. I found out that foreign banks like Maybank, Citi are not allowed to handle CPF investments. One can open an account through them but only local banks can handle CPF investments.
otherwise I would close & move my account:(

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'd originally gone to Standard Charter to open up my CPF investmet account but there was some kind of mixup with the paperwork. I found out that foreign banks like Maybank, Citi are not allowed to handle CPF investments. One can open an account through them but only local banks can handle CPF investments.
otherwise I would close & move my account:(

Mine originally with Overseas Union Bank...we donot have much choices, it was either OUB, UOB or DBS....or OCBC...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tat Lee no more....some 'connection' there, that they gave Tat Lee the banking licence but not Hong Leong; who at that time applied for it too...

I believe OCBC took over, or bailed them out?
I had some Tat Lee shares but forced to sell them to OCBC at a loss:mad:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe OCBC took over, or bailed them out?
I had some Tat Lee shares but forced to sell them to OCBC at a loss:mad:

It was rumoured that Tat Lee had Indon conncetions & Hong Leong supported the oppositions...

OCBC have the blessings....!! OCBC was the comnination of Sze Hai Tong Bank ( Four Seas Communications Bank) I use to tease the name as .sze hai, bu tung" & Bank of Singapore!

You had Tat Lee shares?:wink:

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a long time I kept my POSB account because it has the best ATM coverage. Finally closed it because my current alternative bank has done a good job expanding its ATM & branch network. While POSB branches has gone downhill, always got long lines.

This incident reinforces the decision to close my POSB account because if Spore ever goes bankrupt or famiLee run road, POSB/DBS will be the first to run out of money:biggrin:

Yes, like you have said, even though it has most number of ATMs, they are always long queues. I have changed to UOB many years ago and never looked back.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Posted on 05 Jul 2010
DBS online banking and ATMs down all over S'pore: Why no warning?

both_dbs_online_banking_and_atms_down-thumbnail.jpg

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript src="http://static.ak.connect.facebook.com/js/api_lib/v0.4/FeatureLoader.js.php/en_US"></SCRIPT><IFRAME class=FB_SERVER_IFRAME src="http://www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6&extern=0&channel=http%3A%2F%2Fsingaporeseen.stomp.com.sg%2Fxd_receiver.htm&locale=en_US" frameBorder=0 name=loginStatus scrolling=no></IFRAME>
<OBJECT id=flashXdComm name=flashXdComm classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000 width=1 height=1 type=application/x-shockwave-flash>

</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> FB.init("94647dc2aba553f149d6f1f12f85ecc6", "/xd_receiver.htm"); function callPublish(title, articleLink, description, thumbnailLink, myemotion) { var message = "is '" + myemotion + "' about this STOMP story: "; var attachment = { 'name': title, 'href': articleLink, 'description': description, 'media': [{ 'type': 'image', 'src': thumbnailLink, 'href': articleLink}] }; FB.Connect.streamPublish(message, attachment); } function shortenURL(articleLink){ shortURLLink = ""; $.getJSON("http://json-tinyurI.appspot.com/?&callback=?", {url: articleLink}, function(data) { shortURLLink = eval(data).tinyurI; }); } </SCRIPT>
Enraged
82%

<!-- end mm_moodcontainer div -->
Shiok!
4%

LOL!
5%

So sad
3%

Sure or not?
2%

Bochup
4%

<!-- end mm_body div -->
<!-- end moodResultItem div -->
STOMPers have reported that both online banking and ATM services for DBS and POSBank are down this morning.

STOMPer Rachel said:

"DBS/POSB ATM and internet banking down since this morning."

STOMPer N said:

"All the DBS ATMs are down islandwide. Even the NETS machines everywhere are not working!

"They have have issued an apology on their website. First class services? More like Sg-fail!"

atm3-data.jpg

Click on thumbnails for larger image

Keywords: breakdown , faulty , bank

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no warning....I was caught off guard this morning...went to all the POSB ATM around my area , all with "This ATM is temporarily out of service", as with many otherS...

CAUGHT OFF GUARD