• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Island wide DBAss / POSB ATM Down

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
really dun understand why ppl die die must use posb. Poor service, over crowded, fill with FTrashs. POSB may have the most ATMs but the times wasted waiting for your turn can be 10-15mins.

Every time, i will laugh at POSB/DBS customers for waiting in long lines at the ATMs while i withdraw from UOB ATM that is beside the POSB ATM inside the malls.

jw5

Loyal
It appears that most foreigners who come to SG open a DBS or POSB account.
I find it quite amusing sometimes in places with atms from multiple banks. There would be a long queue at the DBS/POSB atm whereas there would only be 1 or 2 people at the other bank's atm.
I wonder why some people don't realize that they should have another bank account or to use another bank if they only want 1 account.
No wonder that they claimed several weeks ago to be "flushed with deposits".

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember what the oldman said?

"THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE BANK IN SINGAPORE"

And WHAT happen if this total shutdown happen when there was only one bank?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAS (not Mas Selamat lah) must look into the DBS & POSB's banking license conditions, if a widespread failure of services such as this within the famiLEE LEEgime's Money Laundering Financial Hub is tolerable. Make them pay fine at least. Or like Old Dog Thief said revoke their license and order them to merge with their competitor bank. :p A failure like this surely violated banking license's term and conditions some where in the clauses, unless LEEgime over-looked.:eek:

Old Dog Thief LKy said SG should have just only one single bank.

We Singaporeans should then question : What if our only bank was Tat Lee Bank which was operated by LKy's brother and collapsed and he forced Kappel Bank to merge. Then are we to beg to be merged with Malaysian May Bank? Or what? :eek::rolleyes::oIo:

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, everybody talking about bank accounts - plus multiple foreign bank accounts some more.

Has anyone wondered why Sporeans are so lucky to have bank accounts? Ah, that's because of the PAP gahment. Without the PAP gahment, they may not even have a bank account - or may be a bank account with no money??

You go Indon country and ask how many of the 132 million people have bank account, and probably you appreciate the PAP gahment!

BTW how come no body ask for DBS FT CEO to step down? Why so kind to him?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has anyone wondered why Sporeans are so lucky to have bank accounts? Ah, that's because of the PAP gahment. Without the PAP gahment, they may not even have a bank account - or may be a bank account with no money??

Wah give too much credit to the PAP gov't. :rolleyes:

Foreign banks are attracted to Spore because of it's strategic location. Banks like Maybank has been in Spore since 1960 & the PAP had nothing to do with it. As for the PAP, we all know how they screwed POSB to bail out DBS :mad:

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAS (not Mas Selamat lah) must look into the DBS & POSB's banking license conditions, if a widespread failure of services such as this within the famiLEE LEEgime's Money Laundering Financial Hub is tolerable. Make them pay fine at least. Or like Old Dog Thief said revoke their license and order them to merge with their competitor bank. :p A failure like this surely violated banking license's term and conditions some where in the clauses, unless LEEgime over-looked.:eek:

Old Dog Thief LKy said SG should have just only one single bank.

We Singaporeans should then question : What if our only bank was Tat Lee Bank which was operated by LKy's brother and collapsed and he forced Kappel Bank to merge. Then are we to beg to be merged with Malaysian May Bank? Or what? :eek::rolleyes::oIo:

1-3.jpg

Ah...h Mr Yap, so far in my kingdom Sinkgapore, I dont paid fine. I dont pay anything at all in my kingdom.

So far only others pay fine to me and not I pay to them at all ah.

Like the Chee Soon Juan, he paid heavily to me ah. Which I am very happy as I used Mr Chee's money paid to me to go window shopping during X'mas period ah!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is what will happen if u have a ah bu neh neh CEO and a IT dept full of smelly ah nehs.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry it wasn't Tat Lee, it was Keppel Bank share that I lost money in.

Hmmm! Keppel Bank was the incorporation of a Shing Loong Finance, which was once locate along Keppel Road, just right outside the shipyard entrance; not far from present day harbour front, right?

Did old man's wife one of the shareholders? or something like that?

You must have been dazzled by the 'jewels' of the bank & bought at a high price.:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is what will happen if u have a ah bu neh neh CEO and a IT dept full of smelly ah nehs.

plus the backroom full of pinoy colodas...you have a receipe for 'caught off guard' with a breakdown...wonder where was the BACKUP???:rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You must have been dazzled by the 'jewels' of the bank & bought at a high price.:biggrin:

In those days the stock market was very hot, every student, taxi driver, ah peck, ah lian,..., was speculating. I held onto my shares too long & thats why I made losses instead of profits:eek:

Fortunately I hedged my bets by investing in other markets like Malaysia & US. Whereas I made losses in Spore, I made profits in Malaysian & US by investing long term.

Now of course everyone knows how crappy SGX is .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
plus the backroom full of pinoy colodas...you have a receipe for 'caught off guard' with a breakdown...wonder where was the BACKUP???:rolleyes:

Ultimate responsibility belongs to the management & it's obvious they are ALL MIA(missing in action) :rolleyes:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lidat mean wat??:confused: IBM fault??:biggrin::biggrin:

Glitch cripples largest ATM network

Tue, Jul 06, 2010
my paper

By Rachel Chan

SINGAPORE'S biggest bank has apologised for what is believed to be its biggest lapse in service so far.

DBS, which has over four million users and 81 branches, said yesterday that it detected "technical difficulties" at 3am yesterday, which disrupted its services for seven hours.

Mr David Gledhill, managing director and head of group technology and operations at DBS, said: "The bank has multiple levels of redundancy to protect against such occurrences and this is the first time a problem of this nature has occurred.

"We are now conducting a full-scale investigation with our main vendor, IBM. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused."

Customers could not withdraw money from over 1,000 POSB and DBS ATMs - the island's largest ATM network. All 230 cash-deposit machines were down, too.

Consumers could not pay for their purchases at shops with DBS or POSB ATM cards, and online users could not log on to their Internet banking accounts.

Fashion-design student Melvin Tan, 23, was unable to pay his $122 bill at the dentist's with his POSB ATM card.

"Thankfully, my sister had given me a Standard Chartered credit card, which I was to use only for emergencies," he said.

Long queues formed at branches at 8.30am, as customers had to withdraw money or deposit cash the oldschool way - over the counter.

The bank said that it honoured cash cheques not exceeding $500 on the spot between 8.30am and 10am yesterday.

Cash- and cheque-deposit and ATM machines were back in order at 10am, and all other systems were restored progressively by lunchtime, it said.

Additional manpower was deployed to its branches and call centre to assist with customer queries. Branches with regular opening hours stayed open for an extra two hours yesterday, from 4.30pm to 6.30pm.

DBS, which acquired POSB in 1998, has been plagued by service failures from time to time, though not of this scale and duration. For example, in 2001, its ATM network, Internet-banking services and cash-deposit machines were stalled for 45 minutes.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said that banks are required to rectify system failures, restore services and "strengthen the system and prevent future recurrence". As part of its supervision of banks, MAS "will take appropriate supervisory action where necessary".

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE'S biggest bank has apologised for what is believed to be its biggest lapse in service so far.:confused:

this 1 biggest lapse meh??

what about a few years ago in hong kong whereby dbs throw away safe deposit boxes which still contained their customers valuables/belongings :eek: