• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good place to eat for supper

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seng kee is the one with the famous pig kidney mee sua right?

talking about hainanese curry rice for supper, i loved the curry rice at upper serangoon road (around house number 960+) after Simon Road. they also served excellent congee with liver and intestine.

however the last time i ate at this place was 10 years ago when the kovan mrt was non-existent. not sure where they moved to.

Last edited:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro
the Geylang Or luah is very good but you should try the one at whampoe food centre called Ah Hock...
I think its truly the best in Spore..there s also a lot of good food there to compliment the oyster egg

Ah Hock or-luak vendor in Whampao is a blardy chum-chai-tow!

Once I ordered a plate of fucked-up Korean style fried oysters and he charged me $30!

Tasted like shit!

His fucking face looks damn sulky!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lizzert said:
Bro
the Geylang Or luah is very good but you should try the one at whampoe food centre called Ah Hock...
I think its truly the best in Spore..there s also a lot of good food there to compliment the oyster egg

The Prawn Mee Soup is quite good.

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bedok North Block 511 HC opposite the yeo chi mee suay
one hokkien sotong mee not bad.
The yeo chi mee suay main stall at Frankel, now mostly
selling sea food now, operating until 4am

bugeyed

Alfrescian
Loyal
bedok north blk 511.

the yeochee meesua only one stall, on its left is a clay pot stall, their steamed fish also good.

3 other stalls worth eating

- chinese rojak
- free kway diao, same row as meesua stall
- fishball noodle stall facing the road. Has another stall selling fish porridge also nice

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blk, 511 seemed to be selling many good foods,
before that i only go for yeochi mee suay and BBQ sting ray.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Hock or-luak vendor in Whampao is a blardy chum-chai-tow!

Once I ordered a plate of fucked-up Korean style fried oysters and he charged me $30!

Tasted like shit!

His fucking face looks damn sulky!

Wow $30 for a plate is crazy..I have only ordered normal oh luar..$8.00 which is enough for 2 persons and I eat there regularly.
Guess I would be pissed too if kena charged like u ..but there are prices posted on on their signage...

DoctorDrip

Alfrescian
Loyal
My nite clubbing and suppering days were well over but I remember my favourite being Oasis Taiwanese porridge. Me and my old gang preferred porridge dishes over rice dishes for supper since it'd be easier on the stomach before sleep. Oasis was a good place to have that, authentic food, clean and nice ambience, aircon restaurant charging only slightly above coffeeshop supptertime prices. That said, we used to love the Beach Road scissors-cut curry rice too. Yes, the original pushcart parked at Beach Road junction with Rochor Road, complemented by a soya bean drink pushcart. They opened between 1 to 2 a.m. only and closed between 4 to 5 a.m., i.e. just a few hours of business for supper only. Unlke today with wide varieties to choose from, the scissors-cut then had 4 choices only - pork chop, braised pork, fried egg and cabbage. In fact, it was no choice as most customers simply took a set plate. It was more than good enough though.

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My nite clubbing and suppering days were well over but I remember my favourite being Oasis Taiwanese porridge. Me and my old gang preferred porridge dishes over rice dishes for supper since it'd be easier on the stomach before sleep. Oasis was a good place to have that, authentic food, clean and nice ambience, aircon restaurant charging only slightly above coffeeshop supptertime prices. That said, we used to love the Beach Road scissors-cut curry rice too. Yes, the original pushcart parked at Beach Road junction with Rochor Road, complemented by a soya bean drink pushcart. They opened between 1 to 2 a.m. only and closed between 4 to 5 a.m., i.e. just a few hours of business for supper only. Unlke today with wide varieties to choose from, the scissors-cut then had 4 choices only - pork chop, braised pork, fried egg and cabbage. In fact, it was no choice as most customers simply took a set plate. It was more than good enough though.

the oasis Taiwanese porridge now shifted to Toa Payoh Park. but never try so dont know the standard.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Later days no signboard seafood also open shop next to oasis and Thai shark fins.
There was even a horror theme restaurant....cannot remember name.
Favorite dish of Taiwan porridge was the hum.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seng kee is the one with the famous pig kidney mee sua right?

talking about hainanese curry rice for supper, i loved the curry rice at upper serangoon road (around house number 960+) after Simon Road. they also served excellent congee with liver and intestine.

however the last time i ate at this place was 10 years ago when the kovan mrt was non-existent. not sure where they moved to.

bro zhihua said they moved further up the road. Opposite the Esso station at the junction of lim ah pin road and upper serangoon road.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
c51334c3.jpg

Live

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
moolightaffairs said:
the oasis Taiwanese porridge now shifted to Toa Payoh Park. but never try so dont know the standard.

Not the usual type of Taiwanese porridge where you order several small dishes to go with the porridge. The dishes are now larger in size and as a result you cannot order a large variety. More like a normal restaurant, but selling porridge instead of rice.

Last edited: