• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Facing heavy pressure at work

cheongsimon

Alfrescian
Loyal
A side question if anyone can help answer. During a bank run, depositors withdraw their deposits in hard cash and notes? Or some form of cashier's order?

Cash. nobody in the right mind will accept a cashier's order from a bank which is at risk of failing.

Side question - Can have Bank-run... then can have CPF-run anot?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
An advice, in fact for everyone, will be to start planning how to survive for the next 2 years with minimal or negligible income.

"Advice" is a non countable noun. You therefore cannot say "an advice".

The correct phrase should be "Some advice" or "A piece of advice".

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A side question if anyone can help answer. During a bank run, depositors withdraw their deposits in hard cash and notes? Or some form of cashier's order?

Can ask MAS, I also want to know. Must prepare for worst case scenario

I think if it happens you'll have lots of PAP promises but with their track record don't know who will believe :rolleyes:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, TS, to hear your plight. Hope you are not too steeped in loans and have substantial savings till the next job.

If you're their top salesman, then there's enough substance in you to seek a job with another company. I'm surprised that during tough times, a company will retrench good salesmen. This should be the time to retain the people who bring in the revenue, not dispose them.

In between jobs, get back the life which you obviously have lost recently. Review you needs as opposed to your wants. It'll serve you well in the long term whether in good times or bad.:smile:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Don't nit pick.

If I nit picked, I'd be correcting a lot more than just the understanding and usage of "advice" and "advise".

There are more than 500 thousand words in the English language. All I'm doing is trying to explain how to construct sentences with TWO out of 500,000. Is that asking too much?:rolleyes: I think not.

Why can't you simply be gracious and thank me for pointing out the error. The knowledge could be highly beneficial for you one day. You never know.