• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Coast Plan unveiled

jw5

Loyal
HSK was happy to join clinicians, researchers, healthcare sector leaders and partners, as well as patients and caregivers at the Singapore Clinical Research Institute‘s (SCRI) inaugural Clinical Trials Symposium. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Singapore has invested in building strong biomedical capabilities since the early 2000s to provide better and more effective healthcare for our people. A key component of this has been clinical trials, which allow patients to access new treatment methods and also facilitate safe and credible healthcare innovations. During COVID-19, clinical trials enabled new therapies to reach vulnerable patients sooner, saving precious lives.
Happy to join clinicians, researchers, healthcare sector leaders and partners, as well as patients and caregivers at the Singapore Clinical Research Institute‘s (SCRI) inaugural Clinical Trials Symposium on Tuesday! Healthcare systems around the world must transform to be more innovative and accessible to meet rising demand due to ageing populations, climate change and other factors. We can extend lifespans and healthspans by investing more in trials centred on upstream prevention and early detection, leveraging new health-tech innovations, and tapping on clinical trials to advance more sustainable healthcare systems.
Collaboration is key to achieving impact and building a healthier future. Glad to see SCRI opening up new avenues for collaboration through its ClinicalTrials.SG platform. This is a comprehensive centralised portal that aims to make clinical trials more accessible by bringing together patients, caregivers, volunteers, research and healthcare professionals and industry sponsors.
I hope members of the public, including those with rare conditions, will make good use of the portal to access new methods of medical care. I also encourage doctors, clinicians and industry partners to tap on this one-stop portal to join and contribute to Singapore’s clinical research ecosystem. You can find out more at the link below!
https://clinicaltrials.sg/

jw5

Loyal
HSK looks forward to celebrating our nation’s 59th birthday with all of you! :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Let’s celebrate National Day together in the heartlands!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

There will be festivities taking place at five heartland locations across Singapore on Saturday, 10 August 2024, from 4pm to 9pm. Each event will be packed with fun activities for everyone, including static displays of The Singapore Army, Singapore Police Force and Singapore Civil Defence Force vehicles, drone shows and fireworks.
I invite all East Coast residents to join us at the National Day Heartland Celebrations 2024 at South East, which will be held at the open field next to Paya Lebar Quarter 1.
Residents can collect their free tickets at their nearest Community Clubs. More info: https://www.ndp.gov.sg/ndp-heartlands/
I will be there together with our East Coast advisers. I look forward to celebrating our nation’s 59th birthday with all of you!
#ndp2024 #VibrantEastCoast
May be an image of lighting, fireworks and text

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks Teochew leaders. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Witnessed the inauguration of the Teochew Federation’s 7th Council, and the inauguration of Chui Huay Lim Club 醉花林俱乐部’s 2024/2025 management committee recently!
Over the years, the leaders of the Teochew community have worked hard to serve the community, preserve and promote the Teochew culture and also contributed to Singapore’s success story. I am encouraged that the Teochew clan associations are playing an active role to strengthen our social fabric by organising cultural and community events for all Singaporeans, regardless of ethnic or dialect background.
I thank the Teochew leaders for their selfless service and contributions. I am certain they will continue to work closely together in the years to come!
很高兴受邀见证潮州总会第七届理事会和醉花林俱乐部新一届董事会的就职典礼。
多年来,潮社领袖为民服务,为保留和发扬潮州文化,以及新加坡发展作出了宝贵的贡献。潮州宗乡组织也积极举办各种文化和社区活动,让所有新加坡人参与,加强了我们的社会凝聚力。
我希望潮州社群能够继续汇集力量和精神,一起为社会、为国家做得更多。因为,”团结就是力量“。我相信,我们的潮社领袖们会继续同心协力,为潮州社群、和广大社会做得更多!

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes Singapore Happy 59th Birthday! :tongue:

Heng Swee Keat updated his cover photo.​

·
Happy 59th Birthday, Singapore! This beautiful artwork was drawn by my young and talented Bedok resident, Jonas. You might have noticed that we used it for our Bedok National Day Dinner poster too!
May be an illustration of text

jw5

Loyal
HSK congratulates all students who received the Bedok CCC Bursary Award. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Congratulations to all students who received the Bedok CCC Bursary Award today.
Glad to meet the award recipients and their proud parents at the presentation ceremony today. Some also shared their interests with me. We each have our unique strengths, and learn best in our own way, and at our own pace.
Well done, and keep up the good work. I hope you will keep growing, and enjoy the journey of discovery!

jw5

Loyal
HSK says a big thank you. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat is with East Coast Buzz and
4 others
.​

·
Kicking off National Day celebrations in East Coast!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

Joined families from various East Coast divisions at our National Day Dinners yesterday. Wonderful to see such a strong turnout on the weekend before Singapore’s 59th National Day!
Our students, schools, and residents put in a tremendous amount of effort to present a variety of performances for the residents. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did. A big thank you to our GRCs, organisers, and partners for bringing our community together. Let’s keep up this Singapore spirit!
#VibrantEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK was happy to give out Singapore flags to residents at Blk 16 Bedok South Market. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat is at Blk 16 Bedok South market n hawker centre.​

· Singapore ·
Happy to give out Singapore flags to residents at Blk 16 Bedok South Market yesterday morning.
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

It’s almost National Day, and many residents were decked out in red and white which added to the vibrant and festive atmosphere.
Glad to catch up with our hawkers as we continued the distribution of #OurHawkerCulture cashcards — a thoughtful gesture from the National Environment Agency (NEA) to appreciate our hawkers and celebrate hawker culture.

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks Bedok Women's Executive Committee. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Joined some of my Bedok residents for a visit to the 9th Singapore Garden Festival at Suntec City yesterday. We had a wonderful time immersing ourselves in the floral creations of award-winning international and local designers.
Kudos to the Singapore Botanic Gardens for putting together a stunning whimsical treehouse, flowers which are native to the region, and even 3D-printed animals like hornbills and pangolins!
Sustainability was a common theme throughout the festival, and the community gardening groups from the five districts showcased their creativity in their show gardens, including grasshoppers formed with straws and supersized animals crafted with upcycled metals.
My thanks to Bedok Women's Executive Committee for organising this for our residents, and to NParks for hosting us! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and left feeling inspired to cultivate their own green spaces at home. The festival runs until 11 Aug. You can get your tickets here: https://www.sistic.com.sg/events/sgf2024

jw5

Loyal
HSK felt wonderful. :tongue:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Get moving and get fit with the newly launched East Coast Workout!
We launched this workout as part of our Healthier East Coast initiative on Sunday. With Healthier East Coast, we will introduce a wide range of programmes for East Coast residents, including free workouts, health talks, and health checks over the next few years to complement the Ministry of Health’s HealthierSG movement.
The East Coast Workout involves simple steps which can be easily done in the comfort of your home, or as a group at our community spaces to encourage social interaction! I encourage everyone to give it a try!
We also held our Bedok National Day Observance Ceremony on Sunday, in conjunction with the PAssionArts Festival 2024. Saw many residents taking part in the activities and informative booths, to pick up new ways of making art and other useful tips. Wonderful to see the Singaporean spirit shining bright as we countdown to #NDP2024!

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks Music Director Adrian Chiang, Guest Concertmaster Lynnette Seah and ACSO musicians. :cool:

Heng Swee Keat

·
What would the sights and sounds of our Singapore towns sound like in a symphony?
Had a flavor of this at the Asian Cultural Symphony Orchestra’s (acso.sg) “Musical Mosaics: A Symphonic Portrait of Singapore’s Towns” on Sunday. It featured compositions by our homegrown composers that captured the essence of familiar estates such as Bedok, Geylang Serai, Tiong Bahru, Toa Payoh, and Queenstown, and celebrated the spirit of Singapore’s unique multicultural landscape.
My thanks to Music Director Adrian Chiang, Guest Concertmaster Lynnette Seah and ACSO musicians for commemorating our nation’s 59th birthday with this wonderful symphonic journey. Good music can speak to our hearts and unite Singaporeans from diverse neighbourhoods as one!
(Photos by Nathaniel Lim/ASCO)

jw5

Loyal
HSK wants to honour our past, celebrate our present, and work together towards a brighter future for generations to come! :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Visiting residents at their homes always brings me joy, especially when they share their cherished family photos.
Each picture tells a story of the lives we have built in Singapore. It's also a reminder of how far we’ve come as a country, made possible by the sheer determination and hard work of our founding generation, including many of my senior residents. Their dedication to build strong family units have laid the solid foundation of the thriving nation and vibrant community we live in today.
As we celebrate National Day, let us honour our past, celebrate our present, and work together towards a brighter future for generations to come!

jw5

Loyal
HSK joined colleagues at the National Day Observance Ceremonies held at the Istana and the Treasury. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Joined colleagues at the National Day Observance Ceremonies held at the Istana and the Treasury today. There was a mood of excitement as we celebrated our Nation’s birthday. For many of us, it was also an occasion to renew our commitment to our public service mission.
National Day is a good time to reflect on how far we have come. Indeed, we can overcome any obstacle Together, as One People. So let us continue to support one another, as we build a thriving Singapore that provides hope and opportunities for all Singaporeans.
Kudos to everyone for their outstanding performances today — from Lighthouse School, Bowen Secondary School to Singapore Management University, and the staff at the Treasury. Happy National Day!
#SG59
#NDP2024

jw5

Loyal
HSK explains where he got his shirt. :o-o::confused::roflmao:

Heng Swee Keat

3h ·
Ready for #NDP2024!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

My shirt this year is from The Singapore Shawl, a social enterprise founded by East Coast resident Shelley Siu. They create eco-friendly garments with motifs that highlight Singapore's rich flora, fauna, and culture, while at the same time supporting and empowering women. Always happy to see Singaporeans making a positive difference and caring for others.

454671714_1064501978368869_1446133702967691452_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK congratulates East Coast resident and Olympic bronze medalist Maximilian Maeder. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Congratulations to East Coast resident and Olympic bronze medalist Maximilian Maeder for clinching Singapore’s first medal at Paris 2024!
Despite difficult wind conditions and multiple delays, Max put up a brilliant performance at his maiden Olympic Games.
A big thank you to our Team Singapore athletes for flying our Singapore flag high on the international stage. Your indomitable spirit and sportsmanship are an inspiration to all of us this National Day. We are proud of you!
#OneTeamSG
(SNOC Photo by Sport Singapore Jeremy Lee)

454814402_1064612781691122_486775387261623448_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes Singapore Happy 59th Birthday. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

3h ·
Happy 59th Birthday, Singapore!
Great job to the performers and organisers for a wonderful #NDP2024. Thank you for your hard work over the past months.
Here are some photos from last night — I took two of them!

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks all performers. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

·
It was a sea of red and white at the Bedok National Day Dinner on Thursday, as more than 1,800 residents came together to celebrate Singapore’s birthday.
We enjoyed makan and wonderful stage performances put up by our preschoolers and students from schools in Bedok, as well as the Golden Microphone Language Centre, Caryn Wong and The JumpStart.
We also recognised our sponsors and grassroots leaders, who have contributed to a vibrant, caring and green East Coast with passion and dedication.
Thank you to all performers, and congratulations to our award winners!

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks PA. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat is with Tan Kiat How and
8 others
.​

5h ·
⚡
Lights Up, Power Up!
⚡

Residents truly lit up the celebrations at yesterday’s National Day Heartland Celebrations 2024 at South East. Good to see so many turning up at the open field at Paya Lebar Quarter 1, soaking up the happy atmosphere, joining the activities, and singing NDP songs.
I joined fellow grassroots advisers in a race to power up an LED wall through cycling, and also other residents in activities such as using upcycled cans to make lamps. The evening sky was illuminated by a drone show (I took some photos) and of course, a spectacular fireworks display!
My thanks to the People's Association for organising this vibrant event with the NDP executive committee and volunteers. A fun and meaningful way for all in the family and South East District to celebrate National Day together.

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks dedicated grassroots leaders, volunteers, and everyday Singaporeans. :confused::barefoot::tongue:

Heng Swee Keat

7h ·
The National Day celebrations continue with the annual National Day reception!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

Hosted by President Tharman Shanmugaratnam at the Istana, the reception is an expression of thanks to our dedicated grassroots leaders, volunteers, and everyday Singaporeans for their tireless efforts in supporting and uplifting our community — thank you for all the different things you do to make Singapore a better home for all!

jw5

Loyal
HSK sends a very warm welcome home to our Team Singapore athletes! :thumbsup::notworthy::smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
A very warm welcome home to our Team Singapore athletes!
Singaporeans came out in full force to cheer for our Olympians on the open-top bus parade.
It was most heartening to see our Singapore spirit on full display – thank you our athletes, for giving it your all and making us proud at the world’s largest sporting stage!
Next up, the Paralympic Games which open in just a few weeks – let’s show support for our para-athletes who will be flying the flag high once again in Paris!
#OneTeamSG
Sport Singapore
Singapore National Olympic Council
Singapore National Paralympic Council
(MDDI Photo by Kenneth Tan)

455731119_1067661451386255_7767123605147313978_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK was pleased to convene the inaugural Future Economy Advisory Panel (FEAP) meeting. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

is with Gan Kim Yong.​

1h ·
I was pleased to convene the inaugural Future Economy Advisory Panel (FEAP) meeting this morning.
FEAP members have extensive experience, networks and expertise across various fields. This was evident from our excellent discussion on how Singapore could build on our strengths to develop a globally competitive innovation ecosystem, and seize new growth opportunities. We also had a good exchange of ideas on how we could better align economic transformation with our investments in Research, Innovation & Enterprise (RIE) and lifelong learning for our people.
In the next bound of industry transformation, we must make good use of our strengths in science and technology, innovate to solve real world problems, and build deeper collaboration within and outside of Singapore. To be competitive, companies must learn to work together and learn from each other.
The FEAP will build on the work of the Future Economy Council (FEC). I paid tribute to members of the FEC for their contributions to our industry transformation journey over the past 8 years. In this time, the Singapore economy has outperformed most other small economies in value-added growth and labour productivity growth. Importantly, this has also led to higher wages and better lives for our people.
I look forward to partnering the FEAP to build the future Singapore economy together!