• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Coast Plan unveiled

jw5

Loyal
HSK looks forward to welcoming His Royal Highness and his family to Singapore for the next YLP later this year. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat is in Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei.​

·
During my audience with His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah yesterday, His Majesty and I reflected on the years of close cooperation and friendship between our countries. This special relationship was first forged between Mr Lee Kuan Yew and His Majesty’s father, the Seri Begawan, some 40 years ago.
I conveyed to His Majesty well-wishes and greetings from Singapore and our leaders on this joyous occasion, and reaffirmed our commitment to strengthening ties and deepening collaborations in the years to come. Singapore-Brunei ties have flourished with His Majesty’s support, and we hope to have him visit us again in future.
I also had the opportunity to call on His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince of Brunei Darussalam. His Royal Highness co-chairs the Young Leaders’ Programme (YLP) with PM Lawrence Wong — an important platform to foster strong ties between the next generation of leaders on both sides. We look forward to welcoming His Royal Highness and his family to Singapore for the next YLP later this year.

jw5

Loyal
HSK was glad to have several fruitful and interesting engagements with Bruneian Ministers and business leaders. :smile:

·
Glad to have several fruitful and interesting engagements with Bruneian Ministers and business leaders in the past couple of days.
Had a lively discussion with several Bruneian Ministers over dinner yesterday. As two small and open economies in ASEAN, Singapore and Brunei face similar challenges in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. We had a good exchange on how we should navigate these shared challenges together, and improve the lives of our people. Such mutual learning is invaluable to build trust and camaraderie.
This morning, I met Pehin Badaruddin, Minister of Religious Affairs and Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs Dato Tashim. We reaffirmed the excellent bilateral relations Singapore and Brunei share, and discussed how we could preserve our heritage and values as well as harness technology for economic transformation.
I also met a group of Bruneian business leaders today, and was encouraged by their enthusiasm for mutually beneficial business cooperation to seize new opportunities in Asia and beyond.

jw5

Loyal
HSK attended the royal banquet celebrating His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah’s 78th birthday. :cool:

·
Attended the royal banquet celebrating His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu’izzaddin Waddaulah’s 78th birthday last night – which was certainly a highlight of the birthday celebrations.
His Majesty’s contributions to Islamic knowledge and heritage is well documented at the Balai Khazanah Islam Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, which I visited earlier in the day. The Balai Khazanah is both a museum of precious artefacts, and also an academic research center for Islamic knowledge and heritage.
Singapore and Brunei both place emphasis on conserving, preserving, and promoting our respective unique cultural heritage. This mutual understanding of our histories and culture underpins the warm relationship our peoples enjoy.
Thank you, Brunei, for the warm and gracious hospitality! Heading home now!
✈️

jw5

Loyal
HSK had a taste of Ambuyat, the national dish of Brunei, and a local specialty in the Malaysian states of Sarawak and Sabah. :cool:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Had a taste of Ambuyat, the national dish of Brunei, and a local specialty in the Malaysian states of Sarawak and Sabah.
Derived from the interior trunk of the sago palm, it has a starchy texture, similar to tapioca starch. It is often served with many side dishes together with a main dish. Give it a try when you’re in Brunei.

jw5

Loyal
HSK visited Barramundi Group’s Aquaculture Farm to learn more about their operations and research efforts in Brunei. :coffee:

·
During my visit to Brunei, I visited Barramundi Group’s Aquaculture Farm to learn more about their operations and research efforts in Brunei. I am happy to hear that they have recently been accredited with Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certification for their end-to-end responsible production of fishes. Sustainably farmed fishes will help us to meet the growing global demand for food, while reducing the impact on the environment.
I was also at the Universiti Brunei Darussalam, which collaborates closely with our universities and polytechnics on a diverse range of research and education such as biodiversity and environment science. Such partnerships enable us to exchange ideas and learn from one another to jointly tackle shared challenges. I look forward to even more collaborations in the future!

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks residents from Bedok Bougainvillea RC and Bedok Bunga Merah RC. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
As our population ages, it is important that our living environments encourage all of us to lead healthier and more active lives.
The Community Improvement Walk (CIW) programme in Bedok is a platform for our seniors to provide feedback to enhance neighbourhood accessibility and promote healthy living. It is part of our efforts to transform Bedok into a more aged-friendly neighbourhood. I was happy to see our students from Temasek Junior College accompanying our seniors on the CIW and documenting the feedback and suggestions.
Our partners from HealthierSG and Housing & Development Board were also present to share useful tips on healthier living with residents and explain how the EASE (Enhancement for Active Seniors) programme can make their homes safer and elderly-friendly.
My thanks to residents from Bedok Bougainvillea RC and Bedok Bunga Merah RC for your feedback and suggestions!
We Love Bedok
#VibrantEastCoast
#CaringEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK congratulates The Purple Symphony. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat is with Josephine Teo and
2 others
.​

·
Congratulations to The Purple Symphony on your 10th anniversary! The Purple Symphony is an inclusive orchestra comprising talented musicians with and without disabilities, and its members play a range of Asian and Western instruments.
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, the orchestra put up a wonderful performance featuring a repertoire of classics and contemporary melodies. Since their debut, the orchestra has performed at both local and international events, and the musicians have bonded through their shared passion for music and performance. This is testament to the incredible music we can produce together, regardless of our backgrounds or abilities, as we build a more inclusive Singapore.
My thanks to Mayor Denise Phua Lay Peng and the team from Central Singapore Community Development Council - CDC, conductor Mr Quek Ling Kiong, supporters, sponsors and all the wonderful musicians for being an inspiration to all of us!

jw5

Loyal
HSK celebrated Racial Harmony Day in Bedok. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat is with New Life Preschool Services.​

·
Celebrated Racial Harmony Day in Bedok yesterday with various activities showcasing our wonderful diversity of culture and food among the different races and religions in Singapore.
We have come a long way in building a multi-racial and multi-religious society. On 21 July 1964, the worst and most prolonged racial riots in our post-war history broke out.
We commemorate this each year on Racial Harmony Day, as a somber reminder to future generations about the importance of racial and religious harmony.
Amidst the fun and celebrations, let us never take the peace and harmony we enjoy today for granted. This was hard-earned by our pioneer leaders and early generations. We must continue working together to ensure Singapore always has a place for all, regardless of race, language, or religion.

jw5

Loyal
HSK joined fellow East Coast Advisers and residents at the Health & Sports Fiesta at HeartbeatBedok on Saturday. :cool:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Joined fellow East Coast Advisers and residents at the Health & Sports Fiesta at HeartbeatBedok on Saturday. It is important to care for our holistic wellness, paying attention to our physical and mental health in our daily activities, such as exercising regularly, eating and sleeping well.
Residents also had fun at the sports tryouts — from drone soccer and Zumba exercises, to floor curling and the board game Carrom, and picked up healthier cooking tips from Chef Syahir and team!
Some residents signed up for a study by the National University of Singapore to support our healthcare institutions to better understand the health and lifestyle behaviour in the community. I encourage more people to sign up for this meaningful study, as your participation will go a long way to enhance our preventive care for Singaporeans. More info here: https://for.sg/reset-landing
My thanks to the Our Kampong Chai Chee Malay Activity Executive Committee (MAEC) and Community Sports Network (CSN), and partners and volunteers for organising this engaging event. I hope everyone continues to adopt a healthier lifestyle, to keep our bodies active and our minds sharp!
#VibrantEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK distributed #OurHawkerCulture cashcards by National Environment Agency (NEA) at the Blk 58 New Upper Changi Road market. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat is at Blk 58 Bedok South Hawker Centre.​

·
Our hawker culture is an integral part of daily life in Singapore, and is recognised by UNESCO as an Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity. People from all walks of life gather at our hawker centers to enjoy and bond over their favorite dishes.
Our hawkers are the heroes at the heart of our hawker culture. They are artisans who often work long hours in the kitchen heat to perfect their craft.
As a small gesture of appreciation to our hawkers, I distributed #OurHawkerCulture cashcards by National Environment Agency (NEA) at the Blk 58 New Upper Changi Road market.
May Singapore’s hawker culture continue to flourish, and unite successive generations of Singaporeans through the shared bonds of community and the common comfort of good food!
#OurHawkerCulture #ThankYouHawkers

jw5

Loyal
HSK says well done to all students, teachers, school staff and community partners! :tongue:

Heng Swee Keat is at Bedok Green Primary School.​

· Singapore ·
Happy to be part of Bedok Green Primary School Community Day! This meaningful event connects the teachers, students, and parents of BGPS with the wider Bedok community.
Mental wellness and caring for the environment are priorities for the school this year, and featured in many of the well-being activities on display. These activities help us better cope with our emotions and mental health, and provide an avenue for us to care for one another as a community.
Well done to all students, teachers, school staff and community partners! I hope you picked up useful tips to care for your friends and loved ones.
#CaringEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK continues his house visits. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Continuing my house visits in Bedok to catch up with residents and gather feedback and ideas to enhance our estate! The support networks here are strong and closely interconnected, with community partners, volunteers, and good neighbours who care for one another.
If your neighbour has made Bedok a more caring, green and vibrant home, do nominate him or her for the Bedok Good Neighbours Award! The closing date for nominations is 31 August: go.gov.sg/bgna
Good chatting with everyone. Hope to see you again soon!

jw5

Loyal
HSK spent a delightful afternoon. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Spent a delightful afternoon with the residents of Bedok Sunflower RC over the rich taste and aroma of durians! Glad to see many folks in high spirits as they belted out their favourite karaoke songs.
Also visited the street bazaar organised by Lucky Clover residents. There was an array of booths featuring kokedama-making, temporary tattoo sticker designs with uniquely local icons, fund-raising for Hair for Hope, as well as a Singapore Edition of board game “Let’s Go” which was designed and illustrated in Singapore with children in mind. Residents’ entrepreneurial spirit was on full display!
Looking forward to the next session and getting to know more of you!
#VibrantEastCoast
#CaringEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes all the best to our Singapore athletes at the Paris 2024 Olympics Games! :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat is with Singapore National Olympic Council.​

·
All the best to our Singapore athletes at the Paris 2024 Olympics Games!
#TeamSingapore will proudly be represented by 23 athletes across 11 sports, including our own East Coast GRC athletes Shanti and Max. Let's show our support and cheer them on!
You can catch all the Team Singapore action at the Paris 2024 Olympic Games LIVE from 26 July to 11 August on MeWatch.
(Featured: Team Singapore athletes from South East CDC - Your Social Broker)

452998847_1055473875938346_6336978714886305605_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK hopes these stories inspire. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat shared a video from the playlist Together, for Better: A Forward SG Film Anthology.​

·
Life in a modern and fast-paced society will inherently bring stresses. We will inevitably encounter challenges at school, at work, and at home with childcare and eldercare responsibilities. While the road ahead may seem daunting, we can overcome any challenges that come our way if we support each other and work together.
This is why we need a strong social compact where individuals, businesses, community organisations and the Government work hand-in-hand. Forward SG initiatives, such as the Majulah Package, ITE Progression Award, ComLink+ and SkillsFuture Level-Up Programme reflect this spirit of supporting Singaporeans from all walks of life.
The Forward SG (FSG) short film anthology by gov.sg shares more about these initiatives through stories of our fellow Singaporeans. I hope these stories inspire us all to work together as one people, towards a better shared future.
You can watch the films here: go.gov.sg/tgtforbettershortfilms
Our SG – Home of Forward SG

gov.sg posted a video to the playlist Together, for Better: A Forward SG Film Anthology.​

·
When more pathways open, where do we go from here? Let these stories of hope, resilience and determination guide us forward. Together, for better.
The new Forward SG film anthology. Watch now at go.gov.sg/tgtforbettershortfilms-fb
#ForwardSG #Togetherforbetter

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks NParks. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
These bright orange fruits of the foxtail palm tree caught my eye during my morning walk in Bedok.
These trees are native to Australia, and grow well in our hot and tropical climate. Thanks NParks for enriching our neighborhoods with such a diverse array of trees and plants!
(Photo by me)

452911801_1056314449187622_8376609053265007354_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK was heartened. :redface::x3::inlove:

Heng Swee Keat is with Jessica Tan Soon Neo and
2 others
.​

·
Launched “Project 200=100 @ East Coast” with my fellow advisers at Fengshan Community Club today!
“Project 200=100 @ East Coast” helps eligible residents stretch their dollar on daily essentials, by providing a 50% discount on up to $200 of groceries. The programme will run over the next two years and aims to benefit about 6,000 households.
I am heartened to see this programme come to fruition, as a result of the collaboration between Heartwarmers Volunteer, corporate partners DHL Singapore and Standard Chartered Singapore, and community organisations. My thanks to all volunteers for spending a meaningful Sunday morning with us. Together, we can build an even more inclusive and caring community for our East Coast residents!
#VibrantEastCoast
#CaringEastCoast
East Coast Buzz

jw5

Loyal
HSK had a lovely afternoon. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Had a lovely afternoon catching up with residents over durians.
To add to the mood, budding musicians Daniel and Yee Jiun got everyone clapping and singing along to a delightful medley of English, Mandarin and Hokkien songs.
A big thank you to our grassroots volunteers for organising this gathering for residents!
#VibrantEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK joined residents for a rousing evening of traditional Hokkien opera at Bedok CC. :cool:

Heng Swee Keat is at Bedok Community Centre.​

·
Joined residents for a rousing evening of traditional Hokkien opera at Bedok CC last Sunday!
Jade Opera Group 秀玉剧团 put up a wonderful performance of《薛丁山三请樊梨花》, a classic tale with themes of romance, perseverance, and even comedy, that captivated our residents. Subtitles were also provided so that everyone could enjoy the performance.
My thanks to the Bedok Community Arts and Culture Club (CACC) for making arts and culture more accessible for our residents. Hope everyone enjoyed the show — keep a lookout for more events at We Love Bedok!
#VibrantEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes nurses Happy Nurses' Day! :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

·
Happy Nurses' Day!
Nurses are a vital part of our healthcare system. When I was hospitalised due to a stroke eight years ago, the care and compassion from nurses left an indelible mark on me. I could not have recovered as well as I did without them.
More recently, we also witnessed the courage and sacrifices of our nurses, along with other healthcare professionals, when they stood at the frontline in our fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
To our angels in white, we are deeply grateful for everything you do. Thank you for your unwavering dedication and the sacrifices you make every day. Your work makes a world of difference to the lives of so many!
(Speaking to nurses at Changi General Hospital (CGH). / MDDI Photo by Liu Ying)

453500248_1059482522204148_1728736201309131467_n.jpg