• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Altogether now! HUAT AH!
IMG_20200301_142634.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Last checked we had run over 94,500 tests, and we are looking at over 280K FWs.

The infection rate is greater than 4%. Every single study done so far points to this figure.

If there are a total of 280,000 foreign workers then the number infected is at least 11,200

But the far more pertinent question is "how many are actually sick?".

All the data is showing that for those under 50 the majority of cases are either mild or asymptomatic so why are we shutting down the whole country?

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
All the data is showing that for those under 50 the majority of cases are either mild or asymptomatic so why are we shutting down the whole country?
Because at this point it is a novel coronavirus, with no vaccine yet. Everyone feels threatened and exposed. It is a scary reality despite some positive numbers. Coupled with the fact that the world today has gone to shit, everyone wants to be politically correct.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
200K+, 300K+ or 600K+ FWs? I have seen these numbers from different articles. So which is which? :confused:

Yes can someone please tell me so that I can work out the actual positive cases in the Foreign Worker population.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
A big angry bird from No.69 told me our hospitals can cope.

Can ask big bird to look forward in time? My estimate is at least 200K FWs waiting to be tested, say baseline 5% tio cheng, that’s 10K patients in the pipeline, coming in slowly like 20 to 30 a day, sup sup water. 1300 to 1400 a day, all 10K in within the coming week. Can handle?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
But the far more pertinent question is "how many are actually sick?".

Stats indicates about 5% goes towards severe/critical phase. Not sure how easy is it for those with mild symptoms to deteriorate with little medical intervention.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
200K+, 300K+ or 600K+ FWs? I have seen these numbers from different articles. So which is which? :confused:

280K FWs figure is those construction workers in dorms, add another 250K FDW as helpers in households and some 50K FWs not living in dorms. Permutations of these 3 figures can achieve roughly those numbers you quoted.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Stats indicates about 5% goes towards severe/critical phase. Not sure how easy is it for those with mild symptoms to deteriorate with little medical intervention.

No that is 5% of case count not 5% of those infected.

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can ask big bird to look forward in time? My estimate is at least 200K FWs waiting to be tested, say baseline 5% tio cheng, that’s 10K patients in the pipeline, coming in slowly like 20 to 30 a day, sup sup water. 1300 to 1400 a day, all 10K in within the coming week. Can handle?

Due to a persistent cough, more likely due to the weather, I was isolated in Sgh Ward 66.
Only 3 in a room.
Done two swap tests.
Negative.

Fyi, Sgh already converted many rooms to standby.
I am sorry I did not have the stats.
But, based on personal experince being isolated there, they are truly professionals.
Their service and healthcare gave me great confidence in our healthcare system.

tanahcow

Alfrescian
Loyal
280K FWs figure is those construction workers in dorms, add another 250K FDW as helpers in households and some 50K FWs not living in dorms. Permutations of these 3 figures can achieve roughly those numbers you quoted.

Ai-Chai.
Steady steady
poon pee pee.

IMG_20200421_120847.jpg

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
@tanahcow , I have full confidence in Singapore’s healthcare system, our medical tourism status didn’t appear out of nowhere.

At this point I’m looking at raw numbers and making sense of things. Conversion of normal wards into COVID wards is certainly possible, which translate to say total of 14,000 plus beds. Not possible to chase all non-COVID patients out right?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tekong old BMT barracks still standing? The camp 1 and camp 3 are more inland. Perfect for quarantine centers. Both with cookhouse, medical centre and administration blocks. The only issue both no outer perimeter fences but where can the FWs go as only jetty control by saf. RPL one time can bring 500 across. I remember there were 3 in service before replaced by fast craft in 98. Even then RPL were still in service.

LaoTze

Alfrescian
Loyal
@tanahcow , I have full confidence in Singapore’s healthcare system, our medical tourism status didn’t appear out of nowhere.

At this point I’m looking at raw numbers and making sense of things. Conversion of normal wards into COVID wards is certainly possible, which translate to say total of 14,000 plus beds. Not possible to chase all non-COVID patients out right?

IF THOSE NON COVID PATIENTS ARE PEASANTS AND STINKAPOREANS, SURE CAN KICK THEM OUT
AFTER ALL, WE ALL KNOW THE FUCKING CHEEBYE MAGGOTS MAGGOTESS TREASURE FOREIGNERS MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE

ANGMOHS WILL BE GIVEN BEDS FIRST, FOLLOWED BY CECAs, ESPECIALLY THOSE WITH PAPERS FROM UPTRON ACL, THEN THE BANGLAS

STINKAPOREANS WILL BE LUCKY TO SLEEP IN THE CORRIDORS OF HOSPITALS

Laughing Emoji GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tekong old BMT barracks still standing? The camp 1 and camp 3 are more inland. Perfect for quarantine centers. Both with cookhouse, medical centre and administration blocks. The only issue both no outer perimeter fences but where can the FWs go as only jetty control by saf. RPL one time can bring 500 across. I remember there were 3 in service before replaced by fast craft in 98. Even then RPL were still in service.
believe the alert 1 oredi been activated, both camps should be ready by now... :geek:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Sinkies who are born here have to be given preference. :coffee:

I think they heard you, bro!

Credits to you, looks like hospital beds are reserved for Sinkies and the dorms converted to on-site COVID medical stations.

After reworking the numbers, I dare say we still have couple of thousand of beds reserved for us. Phew...

Our medical healthcare system very kuat! Huat ah!