• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
It still overstretched.
Thousands of beds reserved for us?

My estimate for current number of empty beds to be around 2500-3000 tops in the various hospitals.

Community spread should be on downward trend until the FDW cases pop out every now and then, with nuclear families, and enforced CB, it would be sporadic and not all happening at one shot.

Dorms side going by the thousands, they will be treated on-site by the FAST team if I read it correctly.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The figures are dynamic, the occupancy rate fluctuates, influx of 20-30 COVID cases a day shouldn’t flood our hospitals, 25% of the total number of beds is over 3500 beds? I pared it down to about 2000 beds on the conservative end and 20-30 local cases a day, it takes close to 3 months to fill up.

The dorms already have the FAST teams deployed right, unless they turn severe, they’ll be kept in the dorms.

Once those in EXPO recovered, those from hospital and recovering can be “downgraded” to EXPO awaiting discharge. Tio boh?
Don't know how u get the numbers.
But anyway it doesn't matter.
I hoping neither of us and or anyone here needs to use it.
Let hope for the best and 加油 together.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The way I look at it, those COVID patients on the road to recovery will be pushed to those “recovery centres”, e.g. EXPO hall 10.

Assuming there’s sudden influx of local COVID transmissions, I believe the other EXPO halls can also be converted into “recovery centres”.

This should effectively free up more bed spaces for severe/critical COVID patients. This also allows critical non COVID patients to receive the required medical attention in a timely manner.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I look at it, those COVID patients on the road to recovery will be pushed to those “recovery centres”, e.g. EXPO hall 10.

Assuming there’s sudden influx of local COVID transmissions, I believe the other EXPO halls can also be converted into “recovery centres”.

This should effectively free up more bed spaces for severe/critical COVID patients. This also allows critical non COVID patients to receive the required medical attention in a timely manner.
Being patient jin cham .
Closely monitored.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
And we outdone ourselves yet again- 20 April 2020, we are looking at 8014 cases with 11 deaths.
It is actually 14 deaths or some would say 11 + 3 or others would pretend the 3 are from other causes. :o-o:

21st April and we continue create miracles- 9125 cases, with 11 official deaths, 3 unofficial.

We are set to cross the 5 digit mark tomorrow. Are we able to hold out and maintain the 0.15% (inclusive of unofficial counts) mortality rate?

jw5

Loyal
The key is to ensure that the healthcare system is not overwhelmed. This would include availability of hospital beds, availability of ICU beds, well being of healthcare professionals, availability of personal protective equipment, continuous testing and sensible quarantine/isolation locations for suspected/confirmed cases. :cool:

21st April and we continue create miracles- 9125 cases, with 11 official deaths, 3 unofficial.

We are set to cross the 5 digit mark tomorrow. Are we able to hold out and maintain the 0.15% (inclusive of unofficial counts) mortality rate?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
@zhihau
Hossan leong joke ???

Need to slowly find you know?

1C1CC8C5-FDB1-49BA-A8A6-F6FB51870CB5.png

75B86248-0C69-4BF5-BE6F-35352A96820C.png

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The key is to ensure that the healthcare system is not overwhelmed.

By the looks of it, only critical cases from the dorms will be sent to hospitals. The few thousands COVID numbers uncovered daily would be treated on-site by the FAST teams, or so it seems.

@tanahcow in depth info on ward 66 at SGH gives the impression only 3 out of 6 beds filled. I peg it around 25% to be more conservative, so looking at around 2500-3500 beds currently available.

should be ok for 3 months if the local cases hover around 20-30 daily, assuming there are no patients discharged.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I believe that the main issue and the real reason for the extended CB is the average of 20 UNLINKED cases a day. It would be ok if there were 20 cases a day which can be traced and linked to clusters. :cool:

By the looks of it, only critical cases from the dorms will be sent to hospitals. The few thousands COVID numbers uncovered daily would be treated on-site by the FAST teams, or so it seems.

@tanahcow in depth info on ward 66 at SGH gives the impression only 3 out of 6 beds filled. I peg it around 25% to be more conservative, so looking at around 2500-3500 beds currently available.

should be ok for 3 months if the local cases hover around 20-30 daily, assuming there are no patients discharged.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I believe that the main issue and the real reason for the extended CB is the average of 20 UNLINKED cases a day. It would be ok if there were 20 cases a day which can be traced and linked to clusters. :cool:

Mdm: Where you go?
Leticia: Lucky Plaza Mam.
Mdm: Where else did you go?
Leticia: Only Lucky Plaza Mam, it the troob. You mast belib me, Mam.