• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
200000 thousand ppl die from the flu each year. Tat is definitely more than the 700 per day of wuhan virus. Singkieland has 5million ppl...700 die per day is no biggie. Death is part of life. Deal with it

https://www.health.com/condition/cold-flu-sinus/how-many-people-die-of-the-flu-every-year

As I told Sam. If you want to say things like Death is a part of life. Deal with it. Then what the fuck do you need healthcare system for at all?

Just let people die lah.

You have no loved ones? Imagine doctors say eh your child is gonna die. Death is part of life. Deal with it.

Cold. Heartless. Uncaring.

All because? Money is more important correct?

I am glad most of the people where I live do NOT think like you.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flu death rate is 0.1%. Covid19 with a normal health care system is 0.5% 5 times more.

With an overwhelmed system it is 3-5% 30 to 50 times more.

The key is the healthcare system.

I understand that most of you will not be able to comprehend the disaster and chaos an overwhelmed health care system will be for the healthcare workers and people needing medical help during the period of being overwhelmed. I can see it. It will be horrible horrible horrible! Many health care workers will get sick also and many will die.

My perspective is different from the man on the street.

As I said you stay at home at night and will never believe it is crazy busy at the A&E. But it is! It is already like going to a battle zone when you go to work at the A&E.

Overwhelmed? That is really jia lat.

Most health care systems are overwhelmed n it's made worse bcos ppl queue at hospitals etc. B4 wuhan virus heaps of these old n infirmed take up huge medical resources just to be kept alive. Now with wuhan it has helped them moved on n b less of a burden to their families n society as a whole which is a good thing. N most places ar ed overwhelmed due to flu season too. How is that different to wuhan virus?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Most health care systems are overwhelmed n it's made worse bcos ppl queue at hospitals etc. B4 wuhan virus heaps of these old n infirmed take up huge medical resources just to be kept alive. Now with wuhan it has helped them moved on n b less of a burden to their families n society as a whole which is a good thing. N most places ar ed overwhelmed due to flu season too. How is that different to wuhan virus?
Anyway you are in good hands. Your government will not shut down.

And for your sake I hope that Singapore never shuts down even if the hospitals get overwhelmed.

As you say death is a part of life. Deal with it.

You are in the best place in the world right now.

You should love and praise the PAP.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flu death rate is 0.1%. Covid19 with a normal health care system is 0.5% 5 times more.

With an overwhelmed system it is 3-5% 30 to 50 times more.

The key is the healthcare system.

I understand that most of you will not be able to comprehend the disaster and chaos an overwhelmed health care system will be for the healthcare workers and people needing medical help during the period of being overwhelmed. I can see it. It will be horrible horrible horrible! Many health care workers will get sick also and many will die.

My perspective is different from the man on the street.

As I said you stay at home at night and will never believe it is crazy busy at the A&E. But it is! It is already like going to a battle zone when you go to work at the A&E.

Overwhelmed? That is really jia lat.
if doctors and nurses in these special wards get sick it’s like special forces kena depleted to single digits. other docs and nurses in family practice and gp clinics cannot simply suka suka replace them. and then it spirals downwards as 6.9 docs and 16.9 nurses on their feet cannot tahan a deluge of 699 fresh new patients. it’s so serious now just in ny alone that white house is briefing everyone 6.9 days a week every morning from 6.9am to 9.6am. i’m amazed at trump’s high energy in sitting and standing thru’ a total of 6.9 hours of internal meetings and press briefings 6.9 days a week.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
if doctors and nurses in these special wards get sick it’s like special forces kena depleted to single digits. other docs and nurses in family practice and gp clinics cannot simply suka suka replace them. and then it spirals downwards as 6.9 docs and 16.9 nurses on their feet cannot tahan a deluge of 699 fresh new patients. it’s so serious now just in ny alone that white house is briefing everyone 6.9 days a week every morning from 6.9am to 9.6am.
The average man on the street has no clue how healthcare system works.

This is why when they go to hospital they bang table want to be seen now operated on now.

Anyway good luck to Singapore.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Do I sense a change in tone Sam?

What happens if most people decide to lock down? Government should say no no no dont do that! Come out and party and spend and work!

Frankly I think what you are really saying is there is no need for government to lockdown when the situation is mild and minor.

Only shutdown if needed when it is very very very bad!

Well that's exactly what Italy did.

No change in my tone whatsoever. I said the same thing here. https://www.sammyboy.com/threads/lo...-island-what-say-u.281838/page-2#post-3070435

How each person wants to react will be dictated by how they perceive the situation. I would go about my life normally as I know there are other things far more likely to kill me so why sweat over a virus that is relatively harmless. I go cycling on the streets for goodness sake. Here's a list of the ones that have not been as lucky as I have:

https://can.org.nz/article/new-zealand-cycling-deaths

I cycle because I enjoy it and I accept the risks. The last thing I would want is for the government to ban cycling because of the dangers.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Over the past few years there's been an average of 9 deaths per year - down from 30 in the 1970s. The list includes deaths involving a cyclist only (e.g. lost control, hit object).

3 February, Brent Norriss, 65, SH2 near BP station between Wellington and Petone News report

2019 - 16 deaths recorded
3 December, unnamed man, 39, Don Buck Road, Massey, West Auckland News report
29 November, unnamed man, 59. The crash happened on August 28 on Prebensen Dr, Napier, news report
26 November, unnamed person, Panmure, Auckland, news report
3 November, Peter Allen Jenkins, 54, SH1 Manakau, news report
30 October, Fyfa Dawson, 19, Springs Rd, Halswell, Christchurch news report
8 October, Tangiwai Lyola Cotter, 80, Marine Parade, Napier news report
27 September, Jonathan Michael Woollaston, 2, Pioneer Highway shared path, Palmerston North RNZ report
26 May, Geoffrey Arthur Burridge, 59, Auckland, news report
18 May, Hamish Peter Cameron Grant, 50, Christchurch, news report
30 April, David Liebenberg, 30, State Highway 27, Matamata news report
9 April, Dennis Malcom Hills, 66, SH2 Te Puke Highway, Bay of Plenty, news report
5 April, Elizabeth Ann Rigg, 65, Wakapuaka, SH6 near Nelson, news report
17 March, Margaret Joan Lilley, 71, of West Melton, at Mangapurua Track, news report (not in official stats as was not on the road)
4 February, John Douglas Roberts, 80, Kohimarama, Auckland, news report
29 January, Joshua Mou, 13, Railway Rd, Hastings news report
14 January, Max Kerrison, 69, from Ōhope news report

2018 - 7

10 November, Antoni Robert Langtry, 52, from Feilding, at Rameka Valley, Golden Bay news report (not in official stats as was not on the road)
12 August, Jane Elizabeth Walsh, 37, Timaru (cycle-only crash)
3 August, unnamed man, 49, State Highway 2 in Maramarua, news report not clear if killed while riding or walking
7 July, Sohael Balochzadah, 14, Te Atatu, Auckland
27 May, Michael John Stewart, 42, Washdyke Flat Rd, near Timaru, news report
18 May, Nathan Kraatskow, 15, Oteha Valley Rd offramp on Auckland's North Shore news report
10 January, Ted Tamai, 70, SH50A near Omahu Rd, Hastings news report

2017 - 19
7 December, John Bonner, 51, Te Atatu, Auckland news report
21 November, James (Jim) Redmond Whittle, 63, of Canada, at Haast Pass (cycle-only crash)
23 October, Gladys Irene Hanna, 81, Rangiora, news report
27 September, Emma Warren, 7, SH3, Inglewood, news report
27 September, 70 year old man, Mangawhai, news report, crash was on 20 Sept
24 September, John Roger Collett, 48, from Lower Hutt, on Western Lake Rd, Wairarapa, news report
23 September, Te Paina Herewini Tahitahi, 9, Houhora, Northland, news report
28 August, Desmond Young, 46, Featherston St, Palmerston North, news report
12 August, Bruce Hall (uni-cyclist), 53, Onehunga, NZ Herald report
8 July, Ronald Lindsay Sheppard, 66, Cashmere Rd, Christchurch News report (bike v bike crash)
3 July, Thunder Meshuck Heta, 22, SH1 north of Whangarei near Ruapekapeka Rd NZ Herald report
21 April, Benjamin Den Ouden, 30, Georges Drive, Napier, news report
6 April, Helmut Gromer, 54, Brookfields Rd, Pakowhai, Hawkes Bay, News report
5 April, Mike Leach, 67, Te Rapa Rd, Hamilton News report
15 March, Mitsuaki Inagaki of Japan, 61, State Highway 8 (Tekapo-Twizel Rd) near the Mt Cook, News report Sentencing report
20 February, Thomas John Alton, 33, Huntsbury, Christchurch
7 February, John Mitchell Warren, about 60, Te Mata Peak, Hawkes Bay, news report (not in official stats as was not on the road)
20 January, Jason Duncan Houia, 42, SH35, Gisborne news report
7 January, Nick Calavrias, 67, near Taupo News report

2016 - 5
22 November, Carol Ann MacMillan, 71, Tauranga: News report
24 August, River Caldwell, 16, SH6 near Hokitika Stuff report
17 June, Phillip Eden, 60, of Ohoka. The crash was near the old Waimakariri Bridge, north of Christchurch. News report
6 April, Shinia Matehaere, 5, Matapihi Rd, Tauranga. News report (small child's cycle - classed as a wheeled pedestrian)
11 February, Richard Chandler, 52, Fendalton Rd, Christchurch (cycle-train crash) Stuff report

2015 - 5

28 November, Darrel Raniera Thomas, 50, Hagley Park, Christchurch Stuff report (not in official stats as was not on the road)
28 November, Bill Higgins, 76, Nelson, Stuff report
4 November, Ross Strange, 48, Hamilton, Stuff report
8 October, Richard Brent Caldwell, 59, Evans Pass Rd, Christchurch NZ Herald
30 September, Murray Anthony Reid, 75, intersection of SH2b and Meeanee Quay, Napier, NZ Herald (not in official stats as was pushing bike across the road)
19 March, David John Caldwell, 50, Universal Drive, Henderson, Auckland Stuff
13 January, Ronald George Martin, 77, was riding on SH6 near Gentle Annie Hill Nelson and appeared to collapse due to a heart attack (not counted in road toll)

2014 - 11

29 September, Ming Chih Hsieh, 33, corner of Carmen and Waterloo Rd, Hornby, Christchurch Stuff
23 September, Arthur Ross, 77, intersection of State Highway 2 and Johnston Street in Waihi Stuff
20 September, Nicole Sharp, 27, Brooklyn Rd, Wellington,
28 July, Thomas Patrick McCarthy, known as Colin, 52, Brooklyn Valley Rd, near Motueka, Police report Nelson Mail
7 July, Margaret Mary (Maggie) Pouw, 53, cnr SH26 and Matangi Rd, Hamilton NZ Herald
7 May, Andrew Clubley, 49, Whangarei BMX track at Pohe Island, NZ Herald (cycle-only crash)
6 April, Jocelyn Lee Goodwin, 51, Summerhill Drive, Palmerston North, Stuff
2 April, Sharla Phyllis Haerewa, 22, Lincoln Rd, Christchurch, The Press
27 January, Kenneth Keenan, Howick
18 January, William Bayliss, 54, Bay of Islands The Herald
7 January, John Tangiia, 37, Stanley Street, Auckland, The Herald.

2013 - 10

11 August, Ford Neil McGrath, 11, Westport Stuff report
16 July, Colin Alexander, 76, Hills Road, Christchurch, The Press.
3 July, Craig Goulsbro, 49, Puketaha Rd, Waikato Stuff
15 June, Alan Cecil Robieson, 65, Miramar, Wellington Stuff
28 March, Stephen John Kirkcaldie, 55, Temuka, The Press
27 March, Joanne Marjorie Drummond, 54, Aranui, Christchurch, The Press NZ Herald story
25 March, Carl Taylor, 31, Christchurch The Press story
16 March, Jane Farrelly, from Auckland, 50, on Poihipi Rd, Taupo Waikato Times story ODT NZ Herald
21 January, Paige Lagahetau, 13, Papakura, Auckland. Herald story (cycle-only crash)
5 January, Doug Mabey, 56, Ohariu Valley, Wellington

2012 - 12

12 December, Nevill Reginald Palmer, 93, Tamamutu St, Taupo
19 November, Dr Li Hong "Chris" He, 34, Cumberland St, Dunedin, NZ Herald report ODT, ODT2
12 Nov, Brian Benedict Flanagan, 71, SH6 Greymouth (cycle-only crash)
14 October, Lambros Theodosiou, 14, SH1, Moerewa, Northland
7 October, Francis Harold Pinson, 66, SH1, Ruakaka, Northland. NZ Herald report
21 July, Clifford Steven Tuhi-Thompson, 36, Weymouth Drive, Auckland
14 July, Zelius Venter, 14, Cannon's Point, Upper Hutt (not in official stats as off public road)
3 July, Dave Ernest Allanson, 65, Grenada, Wellington (cycle-only crash)
June, Dion Felton, 15 (cycle-only crash on BMX track) Stuff
29 May, James Robert Todd, 34, Victoria St, Hamilton (cycle-only crash)
3 March, Ian Grant Scott, 72, Brighton, Dunedin
8 January, David Peter Armstrong, 50, SH36, Pyes Pa, Western Bay of Plenty

2011 - 15

6 January, Ariana Inano Kokaua, aged 10, Papakowhai, near Porirua. (not in official stats as not on a road)
7 January, Rex Stewart Dalzell, 75, near Bunnythorpe, Manawatu
22 January, Ben Patrick Thomas Lawless, aged 22, Karori, Wellington
26 January, Graham Nigel Townley, 40, Leeston, Canterbury
12 February, Brennan Lee Sharp, 43, Port Hills, Christchurch (cycle-only crash)
9 March, Joshua Paul Bennie, 12, Taradale, Napier
12 April, Antony David Chapman, 48, Whitford-Maraetai Rd (cycle-only crash)
19 May, John William Mayer, 60, SH1, Spring Creek, Marlborough
30 May, Jack Eric Fergusson, 77, SH1 Belfast, Christchurch
1 June, Thomas William Briggs, 57, intersection of Wairere Drive and River Road, Hamilton
8 September, Diana Jane Perriton-Millward, 50, Gladstone St Wharf, Westport (cycle-only crash)
20 September, Donna Vivienne Guy, 61, St Johns Hill, Wanganui (cycle-pedestrian crash)
7 October, Melvin Sidney Longworth, 69, Hills Rd, Mairehau, Christchurch
6 Nov, Rutene Terea Cooper, 66, Awamate Road, around 15 kilometres west of Wairoa (cycle-only crash)
14 Nov, Peter James Wells, 55, Castle St outside Dunedin Railway Station

2010 - 13

5 January, Mia Susanne Pusch, 19, SH3 near Bulls
25 March, Johan Auton Edge, 34, Pakuranga Rd, Auckland
1 April, Douglas William Cater, 65, Glover Rd, St Heliers, Auckland (cycle-only crash)
3 April, Cathryn May Carr, 51, Old West Coast Rd, Yaldhurst, Canterbury
20 April, Kumiko Wakamiya Goodhall, 55, Matapihi Rd, Mt Maunganui (cycle-train crash)
15 May, Qin Long Tang, 82, Rosebank Rd, Avondale, Auckland
26 May, Rochelle Margaret Roozen, 42, Christchurch
5 November 2010, Josephine Margaret Holmes, 54, Christchurch
13 November, Patricia Anne Veronica Fraser, 34, SH3 near Sanson
14 November, Mark Andrew Ferguson, 46, near Morrinsville
14 November, Wilhelm Muller, 71, near Morrinsville
14 November, Kay Wolfe, 45, near Morrinsville
17 November, Jane Mary Bishop, 27, Tamaki Drive, Auckland

2009 - 9

12 March, Stephan Stoermer, 38, SH2, Paengaroa, Western Bay of Plenty
17 March, David Edward John Hall, 29, Barr St, Dunedin (cycle-only crash)
20 March, Raukura Pryor, 7, SH46 near Turangi
29 May, Gerrit Bram Bergveld, 28, SH2, Tauranga
30 June, Alan Richard Kerr, 66, SH1. East Taieri, Dunedin
23 July, Matthew James Rhind, 19, Awatea Rd, Wigram, Christchurch
6 August, Jens Richardon, 34, Leeston Rd, Springston, Canterbury Sentencing
18 September, Francis (Frank) Johannes van Kampen, 46, SH1 Te Horo, Kapiti Coast
14 October, Ian Graham Robinson, 63, Peak Rd, Helensville, Auckland

2008 - 10

15 January, Arun Raghunath Sabnis, 71, Mt Smart Rd, Penrose, Auckland
30 January, Kathryn Jane Barnett, 49, SH1, Taupo
19 June, Desmond Leonard Eyre, 61, Silverstream, Upper Hutt
19 June, Steve Fitzgerald, 57, Petone, Wellington
3 August, Eunice Margaret Bain, 68, Awamoa Rd, Oamaru
11 August, Hayden Ivan Pope, 17, Liddel St, Invercargill
16 August, Frederick Joseph Ogle, 48, SH14 near Maungatapere, Northland
23 September, Lynley Marie Macdonald, 34, Pipiwai Rd, Ruatangata, Whangarei
19 October, Alice Swainson Baker, 24, SH8, Levels, South Canterbury
17 November, Noel Arthur Joseph Eade, 61, SH1, Invercargill

2007 - 12

2 February, Jared Martin Tungane Tearoa, 5, Bridge Lane, Tokoroa
5 February, John David McKay, 52, SH50A near Hastings
2 March, Gerrardus Sturkenboom, 74, SH27, Matamata
3 March, Hilary Evelyn Haward, 57, Spa Rd, Taupo
24 March, James Louis Forrest, 64, Featherston St, Palmerston North
24 April, Robin Thorin, 26, SH10, Mangonui, Northland
29 May, Shamrock Gerald Culshaw, 17, SH2, Wairoa
10 August, Antonio Auta, 74, Botanical Rd, Palmerston North
8 September, Graham Thomas Condon, 58, Lower Styx Rd, Spencerville, Christchurch
26 November, Zion Wayne McCreadie, 6, Wallacetown, Southland
5 December, Dick Martin Wiremu, 79, SH74, Casebrook, Christchurch
21 December, Joseph William Carnovale, 24, Norfolk Rd, Carterton

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
What the list above does not capture is the number of cyclists who have been maimed for life. I see the after effects because I have friends who have been hit by cars and have never been the same again.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
What the list above does not capture is the number of cyclists who have been maimed for life. I see the after effects because I have friends who have been hit by cars and have never been the same again.
With the covid19 we still dont know yet.

There is some reports that overall lung function decreases after covid19 infection

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I told Sam. If you want to say things like Death is a part of life. Deal with it. Then what the fuck do you need healthcare system for at all?

Just let people die lah.

You have no loved ones? Imagine doctors say eh your child is gonna die. Death is part of life. Deal with it.

If my child is critically ill n often the treatment just extends my child's suffering. I will personally pull the plug because my child will never have a fulfilling life growing up. Will forever go through the pain of treatment n its just suffering all the way. I will not want my kids to suffer like that . I rather they go n move on. Its because the world is made up of a majority of the likes of u. More heart than brains n no common sense that irresponsible breeding had increased, suffering n poverty has increased bcos breeding is a right, ppl getting older but living poorer quality of life all due to the obsession of life span n not quality of life that is why the world has gone down the dumps. Yes u r attacking me now bcos u r a dr. If the world follows my ideas u would be out of a job n on the street bcos u would not have patients to suck dry. Health care n preventative medicine is to ensure that ppl remain healthy n lead healthy fulfilling lives n not drag out their agony. The healthcare n age care industry is the biggest in the world. If the flu n wuhan virus did its job n get rid of the old n Infirmed heaps of these old folks homes n cancer specialists will be out of business. These wuhan virus etc is big business n like any parasite the gravy train must continue. This is no different to the paps greed. And as a medical dr u claim u are...Grow up.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Over the past few years there's been an average of 9 deaths per year - down from 30 in the 1970s. The list includes deaths involving a cyclist only (e.g. lost control, hit object).

3 February, Brent Norriss, 65, SH2 near BP station between Wellington and Petone News report

2019 - 16 deaths recorded
3 December, unnamed man, 39, Don Buck Road, Massey, West Auckland News report
29 November, unnamed man, 59. The crash happened on August 28 on Prebensen Dr, Napier, news report
26 November, unnamed person, Panmure, Auckland, news report
3 November, Peter Allen Jenkins, 54, SH1 Manakau, news report
30 October, Fyfa Dawson, 19, Springs Rd, Halswell, Christchurch news report
8 October, Tangiwai Lyola Cotter, 80, Marine Parade, Napier news report
27 September, Jonathan Michael Woollaston, 2, Pioneer Highway shared path, Palmerston North RNZ report
26 May, Geoffrey Arthur Burridge, 59, Auckland, news report
18 May, Hamish Peter Cameron Grant, 50, Christchurch, news report
30 April, David Liebenberg, 30, State Highway 27, Matamata news report
9 April, Dennis Malcom Hills, 66, SH2 Te Puke Highway, Bay of Plenty, news report
5 April, Elizabeth Ann Rigg, 65, Wakapuaka, SH6 near Nelson, news report
17 March, Margaret Joan Lilley, 71, of West Melton, at Mangapurua Track, news report (not in official stats as was not on the road)
4 February, John Douglas Roberts, 80, Kohimarama, Auckland, news report
29 January, Joshua Mou, 13, Railway Rd, Hastings news report
14 January, Max Kerrison, 69, from Ōhope news report

2018 - 7

10 November, Antoni Robert Langtry, 52, from Feilding, at Rameka Valley, Golden Bay news report (not in official stats as was not on the road)
12 August, Jane Elizabeth Walsh, 37, Timaru (cycle-only crash)
3 August, unnamed man, 49, State Highway 2 in Maramarua, news report not clear if killed while riding or walking
7 July, Sohael Balochzadah, 14, Te Atatu, Auckland
27 May, Michael John Stewart, 42, Washdyke Flat Rd, near Timaru, news report
18 May, Nathan Kraatskow, 15, Oteha Valley Rd offramp on Auckland's North Shore news report
10 January, Ted Tamai, 70, SH50A near Omahu Rd, Hastings news report

2017 - 19
7 December, John Bonner, 51, Te Atatu, Auckland news report
21 November, James (Jim) Redmond Whittle, 63, of Canada, at Haast Pass (cycle-only crash)
23 October, Gladys Irene Hanna, 81, Rangiora, news report
27 September, Emma Warren, 7, SH3, Inglewood, news report
27 September, 70 year old man, Mangawhai, news report, crash was on 20 Sept
24 September, John Roger Collett, 48, from Lower Hutt, on Western Lake Rd, Wairarapa, news report
23 September, Te Paina Herewini Tahitahi, 9, Houhora, Northland, news report
28 August, Desmond Young, 46, Featherston St, Palmerston North, news report
12 August, Bruce Hall (uni-cyclist), 53, Onehunga, NZ Herald report
8 July, Ronald Lindsay Sheppard, 66, Cashmere Rd, Christchurch News report (bike v bike crash)
3 July, Thunder Meshuck Heta, 22, SH1 north of Whangarei near Ruapekapeka Rd NZ Herald report
21 April, Benjamin Den Ouden, 30, Georges Drive, Napier, news report
6 April, Helmut Gromer, 54, Brookfields Rd, Pakowhai, Hawkes Bay, News report
5 April, Mike Leach, 67, Te Rapa Rd, Hamilton News report
15 March, Mitsuaki Inagaki of Japan, 61, State Highway 8 (Tekapo-Twizel Rd) near the Mt Cook, News report Sentencing report
20 February, Thomas John Alton, 33, Huntsbury, Christchurch
7 February, John Mitchell Warren, about 60, Te Mata Peak, Hawkes Bay, news report (not in official stats as was not on the road)
20 January, Jason Duncan Houia, 42, SH35, Gisborne news report
7 January, Nick Calavrias, 67, near Taupo News report

2016 - 5
22 November, Carol Ann MacMillan, 71, Tauranga: News report
24 August, River Caldwell, 16, SH6 near Hokitika Stuff report
17 June, Phillip Eden, 60, of Ohoka. The crash was near the old Waimakariri Bridge, north of Christchurch. News report
6 April, Shinia Matehaere, 5, Matapihi Rd, Tauranga. News report (small child's cycle - classed as a wheeled pedestrian)
11 February, Richard Chandler, 52, Fendalton Rd, Christchurch (cycle-train crash) Stuff report

2015 - 5

28 November, Darrel Raniera Thomas, 50, Hagley Park, Christchurch Stuff report (not in official stats as was not on the road)
28 November, Bill Higgins, 76, Nelson, Stuff report
4 November, Ross Strange, 48, Hamilton, Stuff report
8 October, Richard Brent Caldwell, 59, Evans Pass Rd, Christchurch NZ Herald
30 September, Murray Anthony Reid, 75, intersection of SH2b and Meeanee Quay, Napier, NZ Herald (not in official stats as was pushing bike across the road)
19 March, David John Caldwell, 50, Universal Drive, Henderson, Auckland Stuff
13 January, Ronald George Martin, 77, was riding on SH6 near Gentle Annie Hill Nelson and appeared to collapse due to a heart attack (not counted in road toll)

2014 - 11

29 September, Ming Chih Hsieh, 33, corner of Carmen and Waterloo Rd, Hornby, Christchurch Stuff
23 September, Arthur Ross, 77, intersection of State Highway 2 and Johnston Street in Waihi Stuff
20 September, Nicole Sharp, 27, Brooklyn Rd, Wellington,
28 July, Thomas Patrick McCarthy, known as Colin, 52, Brooklyn Valley Rd, near Motueka, Police report Nelson Mail
7 July, Margaret Mary (Maggie) Pouw, 53, cnr SH26 and Matangi Rd, Hamilton NZ Herald
7 May, Andrew Clubley, 49, Whangarei BMX track at Pohe Island, NZ Herald (cycle-only crash)
6 April, Jocelyn Lee Goodwin, 51, Summerhill Drive, Palmerston North, Stuff
2 April, Sharla Phyllis Haerewa, 22, Lincoln Rd, Christchurch, The Press
27 January, Kenneth Keenan, Howick
18 January, William Bayliss, 54, Bay of Islands The Herald
7 January, John Tangiia, 37, Stanley Street, Auckland, The Herald.

2013 - 10

11 August, Ford Neil McGrath, 11, Westport Stuff report
16 July, Colin Alexander, 76, Hills Road, Christchurch, The Press.
3 July, Craig Goulsbro, 49, Puketaha Rd, Waikato Stuff
15 June, Alan Cecil Robieson, 65, Miramar, Wellington Stuff
28 March, Stephen John Kirkcaldie, 55, Temuka, The Press
27 March, Joanne Marjorie Drummond, 54, Aranui, Christchurch, The Press NZ Herald story
25 March, Carl Taylor, 31, Christchurch The Press story
16 March, Jane Farrelly, from Auckland, 50, on Poihipi Rd, Taupo Waikato Times story ODT NZ Herald
21 January, Paige Lagahetau, 13, Papakura, Auckland. Herald story (cycle-only crash)
5 January, Doug Mabey, 56, Ohariu Valley, Wellington

2012 - 12

12 December, Nevill Reginald Palmer, 93, Tamamutu St, Taupo
19 November, Dr Li Hong "Chris" He, 34, Cumberland St, Dunedin, NZ Herald report ODT, ODT2
12 Nov, Brian Benedict Flanagan, 71, SH6 Greymouth (cycle-only crash)
14 October, Lambros Theodosiou, 14, SH1, Moerewa, Northland
7 October, Francis Harold Pinson, 66, SH1, Ruakaka, Northland. NZ Herald report
21 July, Clifford Steven Tuhi-Thompson, 36, Weymouth Drive, Auckland
14 July, Zelius Venter, 14, Cannon's Point, Upper Hutt (not in official stats as off public road)
3 July, Dave Ernest Allanson, 65, Grenada, Wellington (cycle-only crash)
June, Dion Felton, 15 (cycle-only crash on BMX track) Stuff
29 May, James Robert Todd, 34, Victoria St, Hamilton (cycle-only crash)
3 March, Ian Grant Scott, 72, Brighton, Dunedin
8 January, David Peter Armstrong, 50, SH36, Pyes Pa, Western Bay of Plenty

2011 - 15

6 January, Ariana Inano Kokaua, aged 10, Papakowhai, near Porirua. (not in official stats as not on a road)
7 January, Rex Stewart Dalzell, 75, near Bunnythorpe, Manawatu
22 January, Ben Patrick Thomas Lawless, aged 22, Karori, Wellington
26 January, Graham Nigel Townley, 40, Leeston, Canterbury
12 February, Brennan Lee Sharp, 43, Port Hills, Christchurch (cycle-only crash)
9 March, Joshua Paul Bennie, 12, Taradale, Napier
12 April, Antony David Chapman, 48, Whitford-Maraetai Rd (cycle-only crash)
19 May, John William Mayer, 60, SH1, Spring Creek, Marlborough
30 May, Jack Eric Fergusson, 77, SH1 Belfast, Christchurch
1 June, Thomas William Briggs, 57, intersection of Wairere Drive and River Road, Hamilton
8 September, Diana Jane Perriton-Millward, 50, Gladstone St Wharf, Westport (cycle-only crash)
20 September, Donna Vivienne Guy, 61, St Johns Hill, Wanganui (cycle-pedestrian crash)
7 October, Melvin Sidney Longworth, 69, Hills Rd, Mairehau, Christchurch
6 Nov, Rutene Terea Cooper, 66, Awamate Road, around 15 kilometres west of Wairoa (cycle-only crash)
14 Nov, Peter James Wells, 55, Castle St outside Dunedin Railway Station

2010 - 13

5 January, Mia Susanne Pusch, 19, SH3 near Bulls
25 March, Johan Auton Edge, 34, Pakuranga Rd, Auckland
1 April, Douglas William Cater, 65, Glover Rd, St Heliers, Auckland (cycle-only crash)
3 April, Cathryn May Carr, 51, Old West Coast Rd, Yaldhurst, Canterbury
20 April, Kumiko Wakamiya Goodhall, 55, Matapihi Rd, Mt Maunganui (cycle-train crash)
15 May, Qin Long Tang, 82, Rosebank Rd, Avondale, Auckland
26 May, Rochelle Margaret Roozen, 42, Christchurch
5 November 2010, Josephine Margaret Holmes, 54, Christchurch
13 November, Patricia Anne Veronica Fraser, 34, SH3 near Sanson
14 November, Mark Andrew Ferguson, 46, near Morrinsville
14 November, Wilhelm Muller, 71, near Morrinsville
14 November, Kay Wolfe, 45, near Morrinsville
17 November, Jane Mary Bishop, 27, Tamaki Drive, Auckland

2009 - 9

12 March, Stephan Stoermer, 38, SH2, Paengaroa, Western Bay of Plenty
17 March, David Edward John Hall, 29, Barr St, Dunedin (cycle-only crash)
20 March, Raukura Pryor, 7, SH46 near Turangi
29 May, Gerrit Bram Bergveld, 28, SH2, Tauranga
30 June, Alan Richard Kerr, 66, SH1. East Taieri, Dunedin
23 July, Matthew James Rhind, 19, Awatea Rd, Wigram, Christchurch
6 August, Jens Richardon, 34, Leeston Rd, Springston, Canterbury Sentencing
18 September, Francis (Frank) Johannes van Kampen, 46, SH1 Te Horo, Kapiti Coast
14 October, Ian Graham Robinson, 63, Peak Rd, Helensville, Auckland

2008 - 10

15 January, Arun Raghunath Sabnis, 71, Mt Smart Rd, Penrose, Auckland
30 January, Kathryn Jane Barnett, 49, SH1, Taupo
19 June, Desmond Leonard Eyre, 61, Silverstream, Upper Hutt
19 June, Steve Fitzgerald, 57, Petone, Wellington
3 August, Eunice Margaret Bain, 68, Awamoa Rd, Oamaru
11 August, Hayden Ivan Pope, 17, Liddel St, Invercargill
16 August, Frederick Joseph Ogle, 48, SH14 near Maungatapere, Northland
23 September, Lynley Marie Macdonald, 34, Pipiwai Rd, Ruatangata, Whangarei
19 October, Alice Swainson Baker, 24, SH8, Levels, South Canterbury
17 November, Noel Arthur Joseph Eade, 61, SH1, Invercargill

2007 - 12

2 February, Jared Martin Tungane Tearoa, 5, Bridge Lane, Tokoroa
5 February, John David McKay, 52, SH50A near Hastings
2 March, Gerrardus Sturkenboom, 74, SH27, Matamata
3 March, Hilary Evelyn Haward, 57, Spa Rd, Taupo
24 March, James Louis Forrest, 64, Featherston St, Palmerston North
24 April, Robin Thorin, 26, SH10, Mangonui, Northland
29 May, Shamrock Gerald Culshaw, 17, SH2, Wairoa
10 August, Antonio Auta, 74, Botanical Rd, Palmerston North
8 September, Graham Thomas Condon, 58, Lower Styx Rd, Spencerville, Christchurch
26 November, Zion Wayne McCreadie, 6, Wallacetown, Southland
5 December, Dick Martin Wiremu, 79, SH74, Casebrook, Christchurch
21 December, Joseph William Carnovale, 24, Norfolk Rd, Carterton

U forgot one thing.....
1970s everybody was riding bikes....today it's just a recreation pastime.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
With the covid19 we still dont know yet.

There is some reports that overall lung function decreases after covid19 infection

With the flu my lung function took 6 months to return to normal. I was a lot younger then.

I know a gym instructor who had pneumonia who took a year before he got his stamina back.

There are various factors involved and I'm sure there are some who lose lung function permanently.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If my child is critically ill n often the treatment just extends my child's suffering. I will personally pull the plug because my child will never have a fulfilling life growing up. Will forever go through the pain of treatment n its just suffering all the way. I will not want my kids to suffer like that . I rather they go n move on. Its because the world is made up of a majority of the likes of u. More heart than brains n no common sense that irresponsible breeding had increased, suffering n poverty has increased bcos breeding is a right, ppl getting older but living poorer quality of life all due to the obsession of life span n not quality of life that is why the world has gone down the dumps. Yes u r attacking me now bcos u r a dr. If the world follows my ideas u would be out of a job n on the street bcos u would not have patients to suck dry. Health care n preventative medicine is to ensure that ppl remain healthy n lead healthy fulfilling lives n not drag out their agony. The healthcare n age care industry is the biggest in the world. If the flu n wuhan virus did its job n get rid of the old n Infirmed heaps of these old folks homes n cancer specialists will be out of business. These wuhan virus etc is big business n like any parasite the gravy train must continue. This is no different to the paps greed. And as a medical dr u claim u are...Grow up.

You dont believe in medical care.

We do treat and save people. Not everyone.

For example in acute myocardial infarction millions of lives have been saved. And people do go back to work and normal lives.

I didnr know that you hate doctors. But that explains it.

I wish you all the best and will no longer discuss with you.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
With the flu my lung function took 6 months to return to normal. I was a lot younger then.

I know a gym instructor who had pneumonia who took a year before he got his stamina back.

There are various factors involved and I'm sure there are some who lose lung function permanently.
Sam do you believe in medicine? That there is a role at all for the healthcare system? Or do you think it is a hoax?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Just let people die lah.

Societies have developed this concept called the "greater good". It means that individuals sometimes have to suffer for the overall benefit of society.

I can think of no better example than the transport system of today.

Traffic related deaths kill 120 per year in Singapore and 1.4 million worldwide. Millions more suffer life changing injuries.

Imagine if the governments of the world said "This figure is simply not acceptable". Let's ban motorised transport till we can come up with something a lot safer to get around in. It would save probably at least a million lives a year.

We don't do it because society needs cars, trucks and buses in order to function.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
You dont believe in medical care.

We do treat and save people. Not everyone.

For example in acute myocardial infarction millions of lives have been saved. And people do go back to work and normal lives.

I didnr know that you hate doctors. But that explains it.

I wish you all the best and will no longer discuss with you.
If the treatment leads to the patient leading normal n fulfilling lives.. that is wat medical treatment is about. However u are just whinging about locking down the country to protect some old n infirmed who will die of the flu anyway n destroying the ppls livelihood and basically get nothing in return..that is what I have an issue with. Heaps of data have been presented to u by boss sam n yet u just harp about the same thing over again. For wat? To prove u are a great humanitarian? Or to prevent yr rice bowl from bring broken?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
U forgot one thing.....
1970s everybody was riding bikes....today it's just a recreation pastime.

Not in NZ. There are a lot of commutes by bike and the number is rising because of the advent of the ebike.

Half of those in my recreation group also commute to work by bike.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Auckland commuter adjusting to switch from car to bike
Felicity Reid14:53, Aug 01 2017

Wendy Hay is using an e-bike for her daily 9km commute on Auckland's North Shore.

FELICITY REID/STUFF
Wendy Hay is using an e-bike for her daily 9km commute on Auckland's North Shore.
With the onset of winter, teacher Wendy Hay chose a tough time to modify her commuting habits.
Challenged by the weather and road conditions, Hay has made a slow start to the transition from car to bike, but she is determined to stick with the lifestyle change.
"I came to a point where I wanted to sell my car because it was costing me too much and had to make a decision over what vehicle to get next," Hay said.
gettingToWork.jpg

"A friend of mine has an e-bike and he commutes, so I thought, why not?"

READ MORE:
* Pedal-power versus e-bikes, as tensions erupt in the cycle lanes
* Stressed and shattered by the time she arrives at work, one commuter considers giving up her job
* Auckland's Waterview Tunnel slicing commute times

Just months after purchasing the e-bike for the 9km commute from her Birkenhead home to Belmont Intermediate School, Hay is already a convert.
"I would recommend an e-bike to anyone looking to change to a healthier and more environmentally friendly option to getting around," she said.
"It is great because you are able to enjoy the process without killing yourself when you are doing it. You also arrive at work fresh as a daisy, almost."
According to Auckland Transport, just 13 per cent of Aucklanders cycled to work last year.
At Belmont Intermediate, Hay is joined by two other staff members who cycle, as well as nearly 200 students who bike to school, but she can understand why others are reluctant.
"There really aren't enough cycleways," Hay said.
"Around Birkenhead it is pretty scary, as it is so busy and there are no bike paths.
"I question why, when recently the council has been resurfacing the roads and pavements around the Birkenhead/Northcote area, they haven't put in cycle lanes or shared pathways for pedestrians and bikes. Surely that's a no brainer? They encourage people to bike, yet don't take the opportunity to make the roads safe to do so when it presents itself.
"Commuters don't necessarily need pretty routes, they need cycle lanes so that they can ride alongside cars safely."
As the teacher in charge of cycling at Belmont Intermediate, Hay even gets to ride during work.
"I have used my e-bike on training rides which has been fantastic for keeping up with all the kids, although they tell me I'm cheating, but I'm happy."

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Societies have developed this concept called the "greater good". It means that individuals sometimes have to suffer for the overall benefit of society.

I can think of no better example than the transport system of today.

Traffic related deaths kill 120 per year in Singapore and 1.4 million worldwide. Millions more suffer life changing injuries.

Imagine if the governments of the world said "This figure is simply not acceptable". Let's ban motorised transport till we can come up with something a lot safer to get around in. It would save probably at least a million lives a year.

We don't do it because society needs cars, trucks and buses in order to function.
Good point.

Anyway time will tell if this was all stupid.

Personally I would love to see Singapore collapse.

And the fact that Singapore has chosen this route gives me hope of seeing that happen. So I am actually very happy and rubbing my hands with glee.

Canada and USA will still be around even though we shut down our economy. No matter whether it makes a difference to the management of the outbreak.

But if Singapore is wrong....ho say liao! I will be the first one to open my champagne.

BTW this is my voice when I refer to sinkies I do not know. It is sort of the same as when people say Death is a part of life deal with it.

If I know you I wish you survive through this crisis well.

Last edited: