• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee Soon Juan call on America to stop business with Singapore

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you aware that only 33% of eligible voters voted for the PAP duiring the last GE. Are you aware that many singaporeans despite have attained voting age have never been given the opportunity to vote over the last few GE.

So why are Singaporeans confused?

So what do Sporeans want:confused: Another LKY:confused: Do they even know what they want:confused:

Lets face it beggars can't be choosers. If Chee is willing to stand up to LKY, he's got my support. How worse off can he be than LKY:confused: We've all seen how much damage the familee has done to Spore. I'm not sure Spore can even recover from all the damage that's been done by LKY & son.

First priority is to get rid of the PAP. When we have enough oppsition members in parliament we can then start arguing about who is the 'ideal" member.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are you aware that only 33% of eligible voters voted for the PAP duiring the last GE. Are you aware that many singaporeans despite have attained voting age have never been given the opportunity to vote over the last few GE.

So why are Singaporeans confused?

I'm one of those fortunate ones able to vote for the opposition. Other Sporeans had the choice but made the wrong choice & voted PAP :rolleyes:

If more Sporeans had supported the opposition, there would have been more than 2 opposition wards out there. In past elections there were some alternative candidates that ran but were unsuccessful, remember Cheng San:confused:

I think many Sporeans were very stupid & selfish. Instead of voting in more opposition to counter the PAP, they made excuses to vote for promised
upgrades. I think they should have voted anyone who were non-PAP, even Chee. Is Chee really any worse than the other faceless PAP MPs :confused:

When you have such a loop-sided system, the more opposition members you have in parliament, the better.

Was watching a documentary on Mahathir on the History channel. He recounted on how he handled LKY in parliament. Whenever LKY made one of his speeches, Mahathir would interrupt with questions. After a few questions LKY would shut up :eek:

Just imagine if there were more people like Chee in parliament asking LKY questions. :rolleyes:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you know why Cheo Chai Chen and Ling How Doong was voted into the Parliament but not Chee.

Could you explain why other oppostion figures did better than Chee at the Polls.

I'm one of those fortunate ones able to vote for the opposition. Other Sporeans had the choice but made the wrong choice & voted PAP :rolleyes:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many people, especially the youngers or shorter memories, seem to condemn Ling How Doong and Cheo Chai Chen as one-hit flukes. I don't think that's true. The records show that they worked hard over years on same grounds for their wins.

Ling How Doong - Bukit Gombak
1988 - 46.5%
1991 - 51.4%

Cheo Chai Chen - Nee Soon Central
1988 - 38.5%
1991 - 50.3%

They stuck to their grounds and fought back again. They might be unable to keep winning but at least they won once. Dr. Chee Soon Juan contested in Marine Parade, MacPherson and Jurong. Guerilla warfare? Also sorry to SDP and Dr. Chee fans, Ling and Cheo lost after Dr. Chee took over SDP. I don't think it's fair to blame Dr. Chee totally for all those defeats, but I think it fair that he should bear some responsibility. Election result-wise, Dr. Chee has never outdone Ling and Cheo.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do concede one thing - Singaporeans need to be educated that principle of check and balances can only work if there are enough oppositon members.

Its a role that Chee and SDP can play. They have the bext website but they have to change they playlist from altruistic to pracitcal methods on the following

1) why more opposition is needed
2) why the PAP must be denied 2/3rd control
3) the unfair obstacles and hurdles and the even playing field.

That communication must be simple enough and targeted for Singaporeans. Not for the americans, not for foreign NGOs, not anyone else but Singaporeans. I was rold that Ling simplied things well.

Also the personal feud with the tyrannical old men, GY etc all got to stop. Its just takes up precious bandwidth.

The way to approach Sheng Siong was high handed and arrogant. It could have been handled much better. Its smacks of arrogance. Sheng Siong must be wondering who the fuck are these guys - can't even get a seat.

If more Sporeans had supported the opposition, there would have been more than 2 opposition wards out there. In past elections there were some alternative candidates that ran but were unsuccessful, remember Cheng San:confused:

I think many Sporeans were very stupid & selfish. Instead of voting in more opposition to counter the PAP, they made excuses to vote for promised
upgrades. I think they should have voted anyone who were non-PAP, even Chee. Is Chee really any worse than the other faceless PAP MPs :confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you are back to sensible sense. Very well put. Those are not easy numbers to achieve. 1991 sent shock waves and GRC numbers were increased.

Chee has to take responsiblity. He painted the party in his likeness and the party paid the price. Someone once said that Chiam was a colourless character and thats the reason why SDP won 3 seats, because people identified with the respective candidates rather than Chiam alone. It was not the case with Chee - his personality is too strong that individual SDP candidates become mere shadows. JBJ did that with WP.

Many people, especially the youngers or shorter memories, seem to condemn Ling How Doong and Cheo Chai Chen as one-hit flukes. I don't think that's true. The records show that they worked hard over years on same grounds for their wins.

1988 - 46.5%
1991 - 51.4%

1988 - 38.5%
1991 - 50.3%

They stuck to their grounds and fought back again. They might be unable to keep winning but at least they won once. Dr. Chee Soon Juan contested in Marine Parade, MacPherson and Jurong. Guerilla warfare? Also sorry to SDP and Dr. Chee fans, Ling and Cheo lost after Dr. Chee took over SDP. I don't think it's fair to blame Dr. Chee totally for all those defeats, but I think it fair that he should bear some responsibility. Election result-wise, Dr. Chee has never outdone Ling and Cheo.

misbob

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you are back to sensible sense. Very well put. Those are not easy numbers to achieve. 1991 sent shock waves and GRC numbers were increased.

Chee has to take responsiblity. He painted the party in his likeness and the party paid the price. Someone once said that Chiam was a colourless character and thats the reason why SDP won 3 seats, because people identified with the respective candidates rather than Chiam alone. It was not the case with Chee - his personality is too strong that individual SDP candidates become mere shadows. JBJ did that with WP.

csj is a persistant loser who refuses to admit the fact but twist it in such a way to boast about his increasing support. his supports are clones who are only a handful.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he has tremendous potential but too strong willed to listen to others. His approach is wrong and he has personalised his issues. They have baited him successfully. The day that he realises that it singapore and singaporeans, then it will resonate with the voters. I nearly fell off the chair when it was announced he was going back to US and talking to Radio jockeys that singaporeans or the rest of the has not heard of.

His other major flaw and similar to JBJ is not taking into consideration that the party has to have a profile and all candidates and members make up that profile. When he asked Uncle Yap to represent him at a meeting of opposition parties, it was fatal error as Yap was not a party member and the rest of the party CEC were not aware of it. He did the same over the NKF matter prior to GE2006. He is still doing the same with non members who take part in many events but give the impression they speak for the party.

He probably thinks that SDP will be folded by the PAP over the lawsuit and does not want others to be embroiled in it. But prior to this, it was same. He must also realise that SDP was not created by him.

He has also surrounded himself with strong willed but not very smart individuals. You know the type during schools days - one track mind, but nothing between the years.

csj is a persistant loser who refuses to admit the fact but twist it in such a way to boast about his increasing support. his supports are clones who are only a handful.

misbob

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he has tremendous potential but too strong willed to listen to others. His approach is wrong and he has personalised his issues. They have baited him successfully. The day that he realises that it singapore and singaporeans, then it will resonate with the voters. I nearly fell off the chair when it was announced he was going back to US and talking to Radio jockeys that singaporeans or the rest of the has not heard of.

His other major flaw and similar to JBJ is not taking into consideration that the party has to have a profile and all candidates and members make up that profile. When he asked Uncle Yap to represent him at a meeting of opposition parties, it was fatal error as Yap was not a party member and the rest of the party CEC were not aware of it. He did the same over the NKF matter prior to GE2006. He is still doing the same with non members who take part in many events but give the impression they speak for the party.

He probably thinks that SDP will be folded by the PAP over the lawsuit and does not want others to be embroiled in it. But prior to this, it was same. He must also realise that SDP was not created by him.

He has also surrounded himself with strong willed but not very smart individuals. You know the type during schools days - one track mind, but nothing between the years.

csj is using and abusing the political arena for his insatiable personal vendetta. it's the same for exploiting this forum. instead of opinions and discussions, it has deteriorated into something very childish, unconstructive and ludicrous.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

1988 - 46.5%
1991 - 51.4%

1988 - 38.5%
1991 - 50.3%

As for those that claim that ST did not give much coverage on SDP MPs at work, I do recall when Ling was MP, ST did run a story about him doing area cleaning for his ward.

Anyone can find that article pls help to put it up.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have to agree that over time, this has become very acute. The sister's face reveals this in her confrontation with the authorities.

Clearly he has lost the plot.

csj is using and abusing the political arena for his insatiable personal vendetta. it's the same for exploiting this forum. instead of opinions and discussions, it has deteriorated into something very childish, unconstructive and ludicrous.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clearly they lost the plot. In any organisation corporate or otherwise, you would be stood down, asked to take leave or encouraged to leave. Emotions rather than objectivity has come into play.

There is such a thing as being passionate which is far removed from fueled by rage.

The brother and sister always look very angry.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That communication must be simple enough and targeted for Singaporeans. Not for the americans, not for foreign NGOs, not anyone else but Singaporeans. I was rold that Ling simplied things well.

Also the personal feud with the tyrannical old men, GY etc all got to stop. Its just takes up precious bandwidth.

Why is it that anyone who decides to stand up to the old man, it becomes labelled a feud :confused:

To call it a feud would trivialise the support that the opposition has from Sporeans who want change.

Did Jeyaratnam have a feud with LKY, or was it because he was standing up against the establishment, a bunch of bullies headed by LKY. :rolleyes:

Anyway what's the point of criticising Chee, isn't it a waste of bandwidth to do so. :smile: He isn't earning millions from tax payers, hasn't lost taxpayers money, responsible for favoring foreigners over locals,.....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You seem to have the impression that Chee is the only that is standing up to the establishment.

Chee was not the only one having a feud with old man. Its JBJ, Chiam, Mr Brown, Au of yawning bread, as well as thousands such as Jamie Han who told him to his face.

Its when you lose you bundle and are no longer effective in taking on the man and his machine, that it becomes an issue.

Other have stood up to him and they proved far more effective. They have even been detained under ISA or even jailed. It was not case of refusing to pay paltry fines.

Some people tend to associate with damage one incurs as a mark of achievement. Its not the cost or the damage that one incurs but the effectiveness of his actions. If for argument sake, Yaw from WP party martyred himself by threatheneing to kill himself if old man refuses to resign within 24 hrs and he does just that after 24 hrs, people would consider that futile, silly, overly dramatic. The cost was however high to him but not effective.

I think after the Chee's hunger strike, the drama was no longer effective and the rest are pretty much self inflicted with little results.

Jamie Han in his 15 minutes of fame, pushed the old to the corner, cut down his arguments and made him look silly. Thats being effective. Old man was so traumatised that he now calls for questions in advance when speaking to the Uni students.

Another is Alex and his stinging articles.

Why is it that anyone who decides to stand up to the old man, it becomes labelled a feud :confused:

To call it a feud would trivialise the support that the opposition has from Sporeans who want change.

Did Jeyaratnam have a feud with LKY, or was it because he was standing up against the establishment, a bunch of bullies headed by LKY. :rolleyes:

Anyway what's the point of criticising Chee, isn't it a waste of bandwidth to do so. :smile: He isn't earning millions from tax payers, hasn't lost taxpayers money, responsible for favoring foreigners over locals,.....

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

1988 - 46.5%
1991 - 51.4%

1988 - 38.5%
1991 - 50.3%

I think Cheo is the one willing to walk the ground. Until now in NSP, he still does so. Ling on the other hand actually depended on his SDP chairman profile and made many statements and public shows for the party which got into the news.

If you see the subsequent 1997 election, Cheo kept to the 38% he got in 1988 when the SDP's brand name was affected, despite facing Ong Ah Heng which is undoubtedly strong. Even Chiam's margin in PP was slashed by more. Ling on the other hand was slashed to a quarter of the votes and his opponent Ang wasn't that strong. That was worse than the 46 and 51 he got.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You seem to have the impression that Chee is the only that is standing up to the establishment.

There are of course other opposition members out there, but it is Chee that people are picking on right. :confused:

I can understand the PAP picking on any & every opposition, but thats what you'd expect from the PAP's kiasu attitude.

As a non-PAP supporter I just don't understand why others pick on Chee. Even if you don't support his methods & think he's not as effective as other opposition members, why criticise him :confused:

He's just another oppressed peasant. Just imagine, if there were more peasants like him, LKY wouldn't be so free to galivanting around the world making speeches :smile:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

when JBJ realised that all the while he had been hitting the wrong target, i.e, the establishment instead of just getting personal (which was why he was bankrupted), it was all too late. by then, he was quite an advanced age.

though his unabating effort in rekindling another new party, RP to tackle the real issue, his time was abruptly expired.

would chee be a repeat? he has after all trying the same manner to get even with the LEEgime, failed, got sued and bankrupted...by the time he realises it, would it be also time for him to go?

chiam and low focus on the groundwork and hence they remained popular with the voters which reinforce their opp ward stance.

chee has done nothing that constructive. sometime, u just couldn't think that he just couldn't be bothered or linked with voters. he just care to get his resentment and vengeance quenched.

his followers are just a bunch of goonies following him blindly into big longkang. they are simply too blinded by his charisma and chee on the other hand just couldn't even be bothered even with their well being of facing conviction or monetary problems in the process of fines charges or jail terms.

as for the voters who are witnessing this kind of public gladiatoring, most just shake their heads and laugh it off as another chee's bo liao public antics of no benefits to anyone but chee himself. he exploits such fiasco to further sliming sgp further to the international media.

what good do all these do to sgp? only chee knows the real hidden motive and answer.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee is NOT oppressed. he's dishonest and a public troublemaker all out to bring the whole singapore down. whatever his action is, there seems to be no benefit to anyone but there are many disadvantages to our nation should any of his pranks were a success. example: his persistency to instigate president obama to sanction singapore; his defamatory belittling aganst our law and his many untrue, half truths and irrelevant exaggeration smearing and etc.

it's weird that he still got the nerve to call himself a SINGAPOREAN and not a traitor.

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
chee is NOT oppressed. he's dishonest and a public troublemaker all out to bring the whole singapore down. whatever his action is, there seems to be no benefit to anyone but there are many disadvantages to our nation should any of his pranks were a success. example: his persistency to instigate president obama to sanction singapore; his defamatory belittling aganst our law and his many untrue, half truths and irrelevant exaggeration smearing and etc.

it's weird that he still got the nerve to call himself a SINGAPOREAN and not a traitor.

Pondan Hiao Cheebye! Anytime better than one fucking bastard who got the nerve the beat up his own father and call his own mother lau cheebye! What have you to say to that? Chee can't beat that! Fuck you asshole!:oIo::oIo::oIo: