• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee Soon Juan call on America to stop business with Singapore

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing to read between the lines. No need to be drammatic. No codes or vague signals involved. A half blind idiot with a border line IQ can only come to one conclusion.

This is not judgement passed as a result of a single incident or a flash in the pan.

1) Chee has been in this game for over 20 years.
2) His GE ventures became progressively worse
3) Even mediocre opposition candidates that surface at GE time have outdone him in polls.
4) Seem to personalise his campaigns - first with Mathias in MacPherson, then with Goh, and always with the fucking old man. Address Singaporeans and the voters (rule 1 of basic politics)
5) Prefers to address the US media. There is no need to even address the brothel in Toa Payoh. None of opposition parties or candidates give any respect to the state managed press. But you don't see them talking to the western press.

Get real - be effective. 20 years and still no gain in votes. Remember he disqualified himself by silly mistakes and tactics.

How long you are going to wait. Even if a crazed madman took out the entire Lee Clan, I doubt that Chee has any bite with Singaporeans with the locals. He ignored them for 20 years why change now.

Do remember his US taste is his downfall. He even invited 2 US embassy staff for the screening of the movie. So what are they doing now? They did not contribute. Does he know the dynamics of politics. Or is he more suited for a role in the NGO space.

Bear in mind that we all are league with Chee with the goals that he seeks but not the manner, the approach, the style and strategy. Sadly he possesses and I dare say outstrips any other opposition candidates in terms of personal attributes including an excellent grasp of the language.

You don’t seem to understand. You cant argue on the end doesn’t justify the means. Only idiots come to that conclusion. Bad results in polls does not necessary translate to poor performance. Dr Chee oppose and confront, he don’t hold back. That’s what true opposition is all about. He don’t change for wanting or so as to win in elections. We’d seen other candidates winning in elections but it don’t change anything, they toe the line.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Confronting a person or persons does not necessary means personalized campaigns. Everything happens for a reason, it don’t just happens. Only half blind idiots choose not to see that. The US media is an available avenue, a resource, a means he has and he uses it, nothing is wrong with that. I wont gibber further on other oppositions in comparison, it has no bearing.<O:p</O:p
It may have taken 20 years but something may well be hitting home, even you can see the tyrants trying to pretend not to be one. They doled out silly privileges on liberty to a silly corner. Freedom of expression and freedom of assembly are very basic rights the people, the citizens are entitled to. Not some privileges to be doled out and to be told what one can do and what one cannot do. <O:p</O:p
If for once the people would choose to see that the ends justify the means, we will be looking at different political progresses. People has to look at different perspective, nevermind his approach but rather what he’s fighting for will impact a possible change for better and not necessary for worst the tyrants wants people to believe.

<O:pDr Chee calls for freedom, transparency and whatever constitutional rights the tyrants are denying which is beneficial not just to himself but everyone across the board in the tiny little politically pathetic nation. Just a little more support will make a difference, it’ll send chills down spines of the tyrants. It spells downfall coming their way.</O:p

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don 't think he has been unfairly picked on. Chee seeks attention and has a higher profile of all opposition indentities because of his many actions in the public space. But some of it for for the wrong reasons.

Its no different to Boomz Beauty queen Ris Low. She too has been picked on and you wonder why.

If he was doing effective things, he would have been darling of the opposition. Again its comes to effectiveness.

His supporters also have this notion that any negative criticism comes from PAP quarters alone. Thats probably why nothing has changed. Its something that you hardly see when WP or other parties are criticised.

There are of course other opposition members out there, but it is Chee that people are picking on right. :confused:

I can understand the PAP picking on any & every opposition, but thats what you'd expect from the PAP's kiasu attitude.

As a non-PAP supporter I just don't understand why others pick on Chee. Even if you don't support his methods & think he's not as effective as other opposition members, why criticise him :confused:

He's just another oppressed peasant. Just imagine, if there were more peasants like him, LKY wouldn't be so free to galivanting around the world making speeches :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don 't think he has been unfairly picked on. Chee seeks attention and has a higher profile of all opposition indentities because of his many actions in the public space. But some of it for for the wrong reasons.

Some people are actually holding Chee to some higher standard of conduct than the PAP :eek: Come on people he's the underdog :rolleyes:

Some are accusing Chee of seeking attention but isn't that a necessary thing to do? To make public the misdeeds of the PAP & hold them accountable. Our PAP controlled media distorts & hides the reality. Many Sporeans are afraid to say the things Chee is speaking & doing. Does anyone actually think that politely asking the PAP will work :smile:

I would say that it's the PAP who's over reacting in their response to Chee. Who can forget all those policemen surrounding Chee :confused:

What has he done thats actually that is wrong:confused: What's wrong with asking gov't officials where our money is:confused: Whats wrong with demonstrating in public which is illegal under Spore's unfair laws.:confused:

Jeyaratnam & Chiam played by the rules & the PAP is still around abusing Spore. Did you know that Chiam still faces harrasments from the PAP e.g. denied permits to use PA system for his meetings?

Maybe it's time for people like Chee to bring the US/world into the picture. Time to shame the PAP worldwide . Time to think different. For many Sporeans its too late but maybe not too late for the next generation :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chee is also doing it for FREE. No multi-million dollar salary, no bonuses, no medical coverage,...

What he is doing as a PRIVATE CITIZEN is his business unlike the PUBLIC SERVANTs liike LKY, LHL,...

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are not arguing or dispelling any beliefs, values or standards held by Chee. I am sure everyone of us are looking for a caring, democratic society that guarantees freedom similar to the 1st world.

I cannot fault a single thing that Chee has said or believes in. On the other I have a whole basket of items that I disagree with the PAP including nepotism disguised as meritocracy, lack of transparency, lack of public accountability etc.

Its his style and approach. He needs to get votes. He needs to address Singaporeans.

I have no doubt that PAP controls everything and abuses its position. That is not the argument. You are preaching to the converted.

Forget the PAP. As long as Chee engages the PAP, they know his time with the voters are limited.

Take a leaf from Sylvia from WP just before GE2006. She released the WP manifesto and Ng Eng Hen as the PAP Campaign Strategist and lead headcracker demanded that WP and Sylvia to engage in a Q&A over the manifesto via the state owned press. Sylvia and WP did not budge. Sylvia instead told Ng to work on the PAP manifesto. She knew that voters counted and not the PAP. Ng was then replaced by Viv B after 2 weeks when they began to look bad.

Chee needs to talk about HDB prices, FTs, and topics dear to heartlanders. They are not interested in freedom, rule of law, death sentence, political hegemony etc These are languages not understood by voters but he is fundamentally right.

If you tell the Kway Teow seller, that you want chilliy in dialect, you get 10 points. You tell the Kway Teow seller that you want Chilly in english , you get 5 points. If you tell the Kway Teow Seller that you want Capsicum which is chilly, you get 0 points. And its all the same.

Chee's delivery system is at fault, nothing to do with his values, standards. Don't bother to bring PAP into the picture where they have disgraced themselves where basic values such as conflict of interest, accountability, separation of duty which have been progressively discarded.

Some people are actually holding Chee to some higher standard of conduct than the PAP :eek: Come on people he's the underdog :rolleyes:

Some are accusing Chee of seeking attention but isn't that a necessary thing to do? To make public the misdeeds of the PAP & hold them accountable. Our PAP controlled media distorts & hides the reality. Many Sporeans are afraid to say the things Chee is speaking & doing. Does anyone actually think that politely asking the PAP will work :smile:

I would say that it's the PAP who's over reacting in their response to Chee. Who can forget all those policemen surrounding Chee :confused:

What has he done thats actually that is wrong:confused: What's wrong with asking gov't officials where our money is:confused: Whats wrong with demonstrating in public which is illegal under Spore's unfair laws.:confused:

Jeyaratnam & Chiam played by the rules & the PAP is still around abusing Spore. Did you know that Chiam still faces harrasments from the PAP e.g. denied permits to use PA system for his meetings?

Maybe it's time for people like Chee to bring the US/world into the picture. Time to shame the PAP worldwide . Time to think different. For many Sporeans its too late but maybe not too late for the next generation :rolleyes:

Last edited:

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys,

Let's just face it. All these politicians are here for themselves. This is something that cannot be denied, as it is basic human behaviour. Anyone who claimed otherwise is a Fucking Hypocrite. The difference is after taking care of themselves, will they take care of the rest of us?

Chee's method of going around asking for help would come back and haunt him if he ever gets influential in our local politics. His 'so-called' friends would ask for favour in return, either monetary or help to push their agenda. Chee is not stupid but he is too hyped about getting his revenge on the Lees that he is not thinking too deep into it.

Instead of telling the whole world how he had been unfairly treated (or how stupid was he to fall into the trap), he should convince the voters here what would be his strategy if he is voted into Parliament. People can have pity on you but you still have to win the hearts and minds of people to get the votes you want. Looking at SDP website, you can see their grand vision (e.g human rights, free speech, etc) and their criticism on the MIW. But what have they done for the local community besides complaining? (if we need people to talk only, I have more than enough Indian friends that can do a much better job than SDP:biggrin:). Being politicians, you have to "appear" helping people on the ground at all times, which is the very basic reason why you exist in the 1st place. Fuck human rights and free speech, if the people on the ground have bread and butter issues that are not resolved. If Chee and gang dun bother putting the welfare of common people high up on their list even before getting into Parliament, you can forget about it when they gets it as they would be busy making those grand changes to our law which would not change problem of the common people. We need change but please not change for the worse. We have better oppositions around who are more sensible in their thoughts and action.

Not to forgetting his wife who is/was, a Taiwanese and you should know how their (black gold) politics are like.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its his style and approach. He needs to get votes. He needs to address Singaporeans.

Looking at how unsuccessful the other parties have been is there's no single correct way to conduct the business of politics :smile:

If you don't approve of how Chee works then don't vote for him. BUT he's not running for any office is he. So why the fuss about Chee :confused:

He's doing what he's doing for free at no cost to anyone. Why should anyone be against that :confused:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are too confused. They got seats in parliament. If Chee or anyone stands against the PAP, I will vote for him. The aim is deprive PAP seats. But not many people think like that. They liked to be talked to by a potential candidates.

Looking at how unsuccessful the other parties have been is there's no single correct way to conduct the business of politics :smile:

If you don't approve of how Chee works then don't vote for him. BUT he's not running for any office is he. So why the fuss about Chee :confused:

He's doing what he's doing for free at no cost to anyone. Why should anyone be against that :confused:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr. Chee is still secretary-general of a political party. He may not be standing for election himself but he still can send candidates. It's natural that politically concerned citizens will watch his moves (and other politicians) and form their opinions. That's good, isn't it? Otherwise, comes the accusation of politcal apathy again.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr. Chee is still secretary-general of a political party. He may not be standing for election himself but he still can send candidates. It's natural that politically concerned citizens will watch his moves (and other politicians) and form their opinions. That's good, isn't it? Otherwise, comes the accusation of politcal apathy again.

I'm only commenting about the actions he's taken as an individual & not as a leader.

Political apathy has been used to described Sporeans but if you look at the extent the PAP has gone to "fix" the opposition: gerrymandering, short notice of elections,suing various people ...

One has to wonder why the PAP is so afraid of the opposition? They must know how unpopular they are :smile:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worry pal. It's open discussion. But frankly, I don't think that PAP is scared or even worried. The real time I saw PAP faces scared was when J.B. Jeyaretnam, Francis Seow and Tang Liang Hong stood against them. Dr. Chee (with due respect) has never scared them. He only cried.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But frankly, I don't think that PAP is scared or even worried. The real time I saw PAP faces scared was when J.B. Jeyaretnam, Francis Seow and Tang Liang Hong stood against them. Dr. Chee (with due respect) has never scared them. He only cried.

I think they know the ground is very unhappy, alot of unemployed Sporeans out there & they aren't happy with Temasek loosing their CPF$$$. With angry & desperate people the results of future elections are not so predictable.

tomychua

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Article Source: http://goo.gl/lBVpDZ

CHEE SOON JUAN FOR FOREIGN MINISTER

One has to have a knack for politics to do well as a Foreign Minister and Dr. Chee Soon Juan has demonstrated he has the potential.

hqdefault.jpg

Check this out if you wanna know more: http://goo.gl/lBVpDZ