• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BreadTalk CEO Resigned, "personal and health reasons" - Is this real reason?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, rent is the main culprit of escalating costs especially the Capitaland malls.

If you're observant enough you can detect many retail casualties at malls islandwide, the shop space boarded up and occasionally 'a new shopping experience coming soon' sign. The small businesses and lesser brands are especially vulnerable.

If taxation kills businesses, rent kills enterprise.

My favourite banquet and teh tarik restaurant at bedok bite the dust. Business good. But towkay raised the rental i have been told..

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
My favourite banquet and teh tarik restaurant at bedok bite the dust. Business good. But towkay raised the rental i have been told..

Gone are the good old Kampong days.
Screenshot_2019-08-14-17-38-29-1.png

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Each time friends talked abt kampung days i feel so sentimental.:( Still remember this pakcik selling mee rebus...balancing his stuff over his shoulder....calling away "mee rebus" as he passed by our kampong house. Sedap.....:(
Mine was a guy selling indian style mee siam in our kampung. And he cut the egg with a thread. I miss those days.:frown:

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a swee Heng bakery in almost all heartland centrals and malls. Almost competing with btalk in malls but difference is btalk would be L1 they would be basement and they also halal. Interesting to compare how they doing with the 2 differentiators of lower rent and halal market.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, rent is the main culprit of escalating costs especially the Capitaland malls.
If taxation kills businesses, rent kills enterprise.
The cost will pass down to consumer and KILL THE PEOPLE. The winner is ultimately the developer and don't ask how come some G's people are sitting on the board among those suckers, some with multiple directorship. Will they care about the people? Think!