• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BreadTalk CEO Resigned, "personal and health reasons" - Is this real reason?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
BreadTalk CEO Henry Chu resigns, chairman George Quek to take over

View attachment 63038
BreadTalk CEO Henry Chu will leave the company with effect from Dec 31, 2019, for "personal and health reasons".PHOTO: DIN TAI FUNG

SINGAPORE - The group chief executive officer (CEO) of BreadTalk Group, Henry Chu Heng Hwee, will leave the company with effect from Dec 31, 2019.

The 49-year-old is quitting for "personal and health reasons", the mainboard-listed food and beverage operator said in a bourse filing on Wednesday morning (Aug 14).

Upon Mr Chu's departure, BreadTalk's group executive chairman, George Quek Meng Tong, will undertake the roles and responsibilities of the group CEO.

Mr Chu was appointed as CEO on July 1, 2017. He is responsible for overseeing the group's global operations, focusing on strategic planning, investments, business development and regional expansion.

His resignation comes almost two weeks after BreadTalk reported a plunge in its second-quarter net profit amid mounting costs.

Net profit was more than halved, falling 57.9 per cent year on year to $1.02 million for the three months to June 30, even as revenue grew 9.8 per cent to $163.3 million. The bottom-line hit came from a surge in distribution and selling expenses.

BreadTalk, which has more than 990 outlets worldwide, grew store count for directly operated bakeries and restaurants, as well as "4orth" food concepts, during the first half of this year, although the expansion may have eaten into receipts.

Shares of the company were up one cent or 1.47 per cent to $0.69 on an ex-dividend basis at Tuesday's close.

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...chu-resigns-chairman-george-quek-to-take-over
The farker has the face of a crook.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If my Thai boss screws profit is 0.62% I will be the first to get screwed for sure because I am FT here in their eyes, I will have to go back Singapore to wash cars
hanor, your wages as part of operating revenue and costs not even that high - with hydrotherapy, puying and entertainment expenses factored-in :redface:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

RIP SPH. LOL! :biggrin:

st_20170527_vnceo_3169468.jpg

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Net profit was more than halved, falling 57.9 per cent year on year to $1.02 million for the three months to June 30, even as revenue grew 9.8 per cent to $163.3 million.

NET PROFIT $1.02 M

REVENUE $163.3 M

did limpeh read wrongly ??

Nothing wrong. Owner can put himself in payroll and pay himself $160m salary.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they are already in dire straits, will be worse if they remove their best-selling pork floss roti - tak boleh! :rolleyes:

If their pork floss so popular, hw cm profit margin so thin? My confectionary shop here still surviving. So many years already. They just sell buns, cakes. My favourite is their roti perancis. Had they sell pork floss they will loose Malay customers. This area banyak melayu sokong. :smile:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Open a soapy bath+thai sexy/authentic massage.
Rope in @zhihau for Tantric sex kangtao.
You will be very rich to own a few cars.
And buy a few properties in Bangcock.
he might just be involved in all the above for passive income - and for a company to absorb his cost/s, considering that it'll be cheaper to employ a thai and hi-so lifestyle, he has to justify it by being the top screw salesman or else it would've been a fry-sotong issue :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If their pork floss so popular, hw cm profit margin so thin? My confectionary shop here still surviving. So many years already. They just sell buns, cakes. My favourite is their roti perancis. Had they sell pork floss they will loose Malay customers. This area banyak melayu sokong. :smile:
just like ken-air and some other established tvl agencies / firms, there's many other factors that may have been the cause - kurang-lebih :redface:

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually, their expenses goes mainly to their branding and marketing and advertisements.
And their ego to rent in expensive prime shopping malls.

Undermentioned bakery in Whampoa already surviving many years.

Screenshot_2019-08-14-17-19-07-1.png

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, their expenses goes mainly to their branding and marketing and advertisements.
And their ego to rent in expensive prime shopping malls.

Undermentioned bakery in Whampoa already surviving many years.

Indeed, rent is the main culprit of escalating costs especially the Capitaland malls.

If you're observant enough you can detect many retail casualties at malls islandwide, the shop space boarded up and occasionally 'a new shopping experience coming soon' sign. The small businesses and lesser brands are especially vulnerable.

If taxation kills businesses, rent kills enterprise.

Mark9999

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, rent is the main culprit of escalating costs especially the Capitaland malls.

If you're observant enough you can detect many retail casualties at malls islandwide, the shop space boarded up and occasionally 'a new shopping experience coming soon' sign. The small businesses and lesser brands are especially vulnerable.

If taxation kills businesses, rent kills enterprise.

Right.
Look at Jewel now.
Next casualty, Funan?